Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Hey TTF, your boy Crowder wants out of Phoenix.
    Any trade ideas?
    Cavs should be all over that.

Comment

• Just had a chance to listen to the media day sessions. Nurse talking about putting more pressure on the rim being an emphasis this season is something new isn't it? A lot more of what we saw from Pascal in the playoffs maybe?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It will be very weird if Precious doesn't start. I agree that it makes way more sense to start defensive and bring scoring punch off the bench. There's already a lot of offensive mouths to feed in the starting lineup between Pascal, Fred, OG, and Scottie. All of those guys should average close to 20ppg. Precious is a natural fit with them to defend, rebound, and hit open 3s.
        There might be a bit of a transition. I could see Trent starting to begin the season... with Precious potentially finishing games before he starts them. I do think Gary could be an excellent 6th man. I'd be surprised if Nick made a sudden change to start the year, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making the change at some point during the season.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

There might be a bit of a transition. I could see Trent starting to begin the season... with Precious potentially finishing games before he starts them. I do think Gary could be an excellent 6th man. I'd be surprised if Nick made a sudden change to start the year, but wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making the change at some point during the season.
          Jae Crowder just requested a trade because he's getting bumped out of the starting lineup. Do some people around here really think that being a starter vs. coming off the bench doesn't matter to NBA players? Suns were the number 1 seed last year.

Comment

• what is happening with the posting tweets?! nothing appears

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nobody said to give Otto starter minutes... just saying that he'd be a great fit to start the game with the starters, because of basketball reasons, i.e., he helps provide reliable floor spacing and defense. It's more about lineup balance, rather than, "hey... Otto is a 35MPG starter again." Nobody said that.

It's moot anyways, because it's not happening. If Klutch gets mad if Precious starts over Gary, then they will be absolutely livid if Otto starts over both of them. There's a ton of politics involved in starter vs. bench, pecking order, etc... because there's so much money at stake there.

If OPJ, Boucher, and Young are playing 15 to 18 minutes a game that would be wonderful, but I think OPJ will receive more time due to OG spending on the Injury List for 10 to 15 games.

Comment

• If only this team had a Center..imagine Myles Turner with this group...it would be nasty, now we gotta rely on Achiuwa..young kid, we're putting 2 much on him, it's 2 soon.
                I still believe Masai will get Myles out Indiana.
                Anyway, media day, training day..everyone looks good, great shape, everyone seems prepared, hungry..
                Let's Go!!!
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  If only this team had a Center..imagine Myles Turner with this group...it would be nasty, now we gotta rely on Achiuwa..young kid, we're putting 2 much on him, it's 2 soon.
                  I still believe Masai will get Myles out Indiana.
                  Anyway, media day, training day..everyone looks good, great shape, everyone seems prepared, hungry..
                  Let's Go!!!
                  Wpuld u trade Gary Trebt Junior for Myles?

Comment

• https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...nder-Situation

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Wpuld u trade Gary Trebt Junior for Myles?
                      yes... but I would be wary because they would want a first rounder and if we are giving GTJ I dont want to give a first rounder... but I owuld consider it. I would then need to move towards roster balancing... you would need to find a way to fet rid of Khem asap

Comment

• anyone have the presale code? I got it last year, but no email this year

Comment

• SGA is THE guy to target. Let's go!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Precious might be a better player than Turner as soon as…this month? People should be foreseeing a sizable jump from him

Comment

Jae Crowder just requested a trade because he's getting bumped out of the starting lineup. Do some people around here really think that being a starter vs. coming off the bench doesn't matter to NBA players? Suns were the number 1 seed last year.
                              Crowder's also in a contract year and likely looking for his last long term contract at 32, so it's an even bigger deal in his particular case.

Same with Trent in Toronto. Starting is going to be a big deal for him.

Comment

I'd be fine with trading Trent. We're not going to start anyone just to avoid hurting their feelings. I'm sure Precious also really wants to start and feels he deserves it.

First game is against Cleveland, one of the biggest lineups in the NBA, so even more reason to start Precious.

Also Precious is better than Turner, especially defensively against other Centers, check the head to head stats he does way better. Precious defends better and hits 3s at a higher clip and that's all we need out of our center.

If Trent starts over Precious that all Nurse and a great example of how coaching matters, coach gets to decide who plays, who they play with, and how much they get to play (light shade thrown at those who think coaching doesn't matter).
                                Last edited by Primer; Wed Sep 28, 2022, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X