Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    I dont know much about this Joe guy but one summer league highlight isn't enough. We need to be thinking bigger with moves. We have enough projects and enough end-of-the-bench type guys. We need guys who can either step in to true bench roles that will get starter minutes down OR we need guys who will step into big roles and can contend with the starters. Skill wise we need more dribble penetration and you can never have enough high ball IQ and playmakers.

Joe doesn't seem to have that right now as far as I know.

One of the reasons why I originally advocated for mitchell before moving off of him was because I liked the rim penetration he provided.
    We need SHOOTING. Simple as that. Not saying Joe is the answer but i'd rather see them experiment on guys like him.

Remember this game? this was just a couple of months ago.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

We need SHOOTING. Simple as that. Not saying Joe is the answer but i'd rather see them experiment on guys like him.

Here's another shooter who dropped 40 in the G-League (higher level than Summer League):

Comment

• Nobody we add at this point is going to see any minutes so really couldn't care less who gets the last roster spot.

Comment

• There's an article on the front page which spoke to what many of of the fans on the forum have suggested, and that is to switch out Trent from the starting line in place of Achiuwa.

While the defensive impact is obvious with that switch, and maybe that is enough to do it, nobody really speaks to how the offense would be affected. Just some random comments about how Precious has a budding shot and is working on his handles. Not really much to go on when making a big decision like that.

Comment

Otto says hello

also you know nurse by now he isn't going to just let scrubs play because they can shoot otherwise matt thomas would have gotten more minutes they have to provide defence and additional skills to get on the court

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              There's an article on the front page which spoke to what many of of the fans on the forum have suggested, and that is to switch out Trent from the starting line in place of Achiuwa.

While the defensive impact is obvious with that switch, and maybe that is enough to do it, nobody really speaks to how the offense would be affected. Just some random comments about how Precious has a budding shot and is working on his handles. Not really much to go on when making a big decision like that.
              with precious in the line up it would dip the offence down a lot ... the same defence that was the 100th percentile with precious is it.... was one of the worst offensive line ups in the NBA as well. As precious develops this will improve and likely has improved already but its a big decision like you pointed out. I just want GTJ to play more with the bench line ups especially if Otto is out because that bench line up needs shooting.

I will be honest... FVV on the bench would be perfect but there is no way it happens.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Here's another shooter who dropped 40 in the G-League (higher level than Summer League):

Huge difference. Svi has been in the league for 6-7 years and he's gotten chances after chances to prove himself that he's a rotation player. Joe on the other hand is just entering his 2nd year and he didn't really get any mins last year.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Interesting. At worse we could have traded GTJ & Flynn for him but most likely we would have probably send a package similar to Boston's send which would have been a future 1st round pick, Birch + Flynn & either Thad or Boucher.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Interesting. At worse we could have traded GTJ & Flynn for him but most likely we would have probably send a package similar to Boston's send which would have been a future 1st round pick, Birch + Flynn & either Thad or Boucher.

Good find. Wish we had him. He would have been great off the bench for us.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Good find. Wish we had him. He would have been great off the bench for us.
                      Yeah a bench of Banton, Brogdon, Porter, Thad or Boucher & Precious would been crazy good.

Comment

• Also want to add, when the Raps signed Svi, what did I say? he's been in the league 5-6 years and the Raps were his 4th team. That's a huge red flag. And the teams that he played for gave him playing time.

And again, I'm not saying Joe is a good player but how do you know he's not a good player? he's just entering his 2nd year. Why not give him a chance? if he doesn't show anything then cut him. Simple. Seth Curry never got real playing time till he signed with the Blazers(his age 28 season). Jimmer Fredette never got a chance at all. He would've had an NBA career if he went to the right team.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Also want to add, when the Raps signed Svi, what did I say? he's been in the league 5-6 years and the Raps were his 4th team. That's a huge red flag. And the teams that he played for gave him playing time.

And again, I'm not saying Joe is a good player but how do you know he's not a good player? he's just entering his 2nd year. Why not give him a chance? if he doesn't show anything then cut him. Simple. Seth Curry never got real playing time till he signed with the Blazers(his age 28 season). Jimmer Fredette never got a chance at all. He would've had an NBA career if he went to the right team.
                          Svi only played 3 seasons before playing for us. He's only 2 years older than Joe. He looks a lot older but he's not that much older. He did play for 3 teams too though. LA, Detroit and OKC.

He showed a lot of promise in his second season with Detroit. Shot over 40% from 3 on over 5 attempts a game.

Comment

Also want to add, when the Raps signed Svi, what did I say? he's been in the league 5-6 years and the Raps were his 4th team. That's a huge red flag. And the teams that he played for gave him playing time.

I would still keep Champagnie but I would sign Joe over Juancho just cause to me Juancho is another journeyman like Svi or a Yuta. He would give you something for a bit than he will disappear and when you disappear in Nick Nurse's rotation you are probably are going to stay glued to the bench for the year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Svi only played 3 seasons before playing for us. He's only 2 years older than Joe. He looks a lot older but he's not that much older. He did play for 3 teams too though. LA, Detroit and OKC.

He showed a lot of promise in his second season with Detroit. Shot over 40% from 3 on over 5 attempts a game.
                              Yeah you're right, I just looked at the numbers, Svi only played 3 seasons before playing for the Raps. The Raps were his 4th team in 4 years. That's even worse.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

with precious in the line up it would dip the offence down a lot ... the same defence that was the 100th percentile with precious is it.... was one of the worst offensive line ups in the NBA as well. As precious develops this will improve and likely has improved already but its a big decision like you pointed out. I just want GTJ to play more with the bench line ups especially if Otto is out because that bench line up needs shooting.

I will be honest... FVV on the bench would be perfect but there is no way it happens.
                                Fred on the bench kind of wastes Fred's elite defence. Our starters are a good deal worse with Trent in Fred's place. Not really seeing how that's perfect.

If we're being honest, Trent on the bench is the perfect option. Unless you want to get liberal with the term option and say that Fred is on the bench because we added a superstar PG to play in front of him... Although heck even then it would probably be in the team's best interest to still start Fred and bench Gary.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X