Trade Birch for Alec Burks.

just a few tweaks.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
      Trade FVV for Capella

Trade Trent Jr + Boucher for Jamal Murray

Trade Birch for Alec Burks.

just a few tweaks.
      Overall, I like the thought process, but considering value and needs, I think it could be more like this:

GTJ + Svi for Capela + Skylar Mays
      FVV + Boucher for Jamal Murray
      Birch + Flynn for Burks

Starters: Murray, OG, Scottie, Pascal, Capela
      Bench: Precious, Burks, Mays, Brooks, Banton + MLE

Our bench depth would still be pretty weak. We really need to develop Armoni Brooks into a rotation piece, like the Heat developed Strus and Vincent. Brooks has been a lights-out shooter at every level and he can get his shot off at this level. And he showed some nice defensive flashes this year... so staying on the floor should not be a problem, unlike Matt Thomas.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Can S&Ts be combined with other outgoing player salaries in say, a 2 for 1 upgrade trade? I thought there was some limitations on that.
        Yes, they can. There are no specific limitations for that scenario, besides the ones that apply to sign and trades of the player on their own. Like, BYC applies to big raise SnTs, but that applies whether you combine with another player or not.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I agree with the last part. Do you have any potential names in mind that you think are reasonable?
          In terms of bigger names? All depends who shakes loose and becomes available. Raps likely toss their name in the ring for most guys and if one comes cheap enough, yay. Doubt they shell out big unless it's a world beater though.

In terms of a SnT of just Boucher, I don't think it happens at all. They either re-sign him (question there is for how much and how long), use him for salary ballast (though Thad is far more likely the one for that I think), or he walks for a chunk of the MLE somewhere.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

In terms of bigger names? All depends who shakes loose and becomes available. Raps likely toss their name in the ring for most guys and if one comes cheap enough, yay. Doubt they shell out big unless it's a world beater though.

In terms of a SnT of just Boucher, I don't think it happens at all. They either re-sign him (question there is for how much and how long), use him for salary ballast (though Thad is far more likely the one for that I think), or he walks for a chunk of the MLE somewhere.
            anynames. I don't think Boucher is going because of how masai talked about him and how chris talks about toronto.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

FVV doesn't have a crazy high trade value I don't think. Like nobody would want to build around him or bring him in as the final piece to a contending team. So realistically what sort of offer are you getting for him that you couldn't refuse? He's probably more valuable to us as a player than a trade chip.
              Yep, this is a big part of why it's unlikely they move him, or Pascal. Both guys are undervalued league wide so the Raptors are probably the team that values them most, meaning they won't find a deal they like out there.

Trent on the other hand is just the sort of player who tends to end up overvalued - a scorer who can put up points on decent efficiency and is young enough to project that to stardom if you are so inclined. And at the same time, is actually of less value to the Raps right now with their desire to have everyone able to defend and playmake, two areas he struggles in, even with his shooting being a pretty rare commodity for the team.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yep, this is a big part of why it's unlikely they move him, or Pascal. Both guys are undervalued league wide so the Raptors are probably the team that values them most, meaning they won't find a deal they like out there.

Trent on the other hand is just the sort of player who tends to end up overvalued - a scorer who can put up points on decent efficiency and is young enough to project that to stardom if you are so inclined. And at the same time, is actually of less value to the Raps right now with their desire to have everyone able to defend and playmake, two areas he struggles in, even with his shooting being a pretty rare commodity for the team.
                I can't see Trent being traded either and for the reason you mentioned, his shooting being important to the team. Regardless of his struggles as a defender and playmaker he managed to hold down a starting role this season. There really isn't any competition at the guard positions for him either with Flynn and Banton struggling to get minutes.

My hope for Trent is that with Scottie's development, Gary can be used more as a catch and shoot player, and less of a creator (for himself or others). That may help with his FG efficiency and allow him to focus more on the defensive end as well. He'll always be the weakest link in the defense for this particular roster that is stacked with good defenders, but doesn't mean he has to be a bad on that end.

Comment

I can't see Trent being traded either and for the reason you mentioned, his shooting being important to the team. Regardless of his struggles as a defender and playmaker he managed to hold down a starting role this season. There really isn't any competition at the guard positions for him either with Flynn and Banton struggling to get minutes.

My hope for Trent is that with Scottie's development, Gary can be used more as a catch and shoot player, and less of a creator (for himself or others). That may help with his FG efficiency and allow him to focus more on the defensive end as well. He'll always be the weakest link in the defense for this particular roster that is stacked with good defenders, but doesn't mean he has to be a bad on that end.
                  they will likely decide between one or the other between the two even if its for picks but it likely won't be. I agree that it will likely be Trent if one goes . He should be used as a catch and shoot but I don't think that is the game he wants to play. he managed to hold down a starting spot because we had no one else talent wise.. that doesn't mean he should be in that spot on a good or great team.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

they will likely decide between one or the other between the two even if its for picks but it likely won't be. I agree that it will likely be Trent if one goes . He should be used as a catch and shoot but I don't think that is the game he wants to play. he managed to hold down a starting spot because we had no one else talent wise.. that doesn't mean he should be in that spot on a good or great team.
                    Yeah, he "held down" a starting spot thanks mostly to a) us being hurt for a lot of the season and b) us not wanting to start Precious, which I think should be a thing of the past.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Here's some competition at the guard position for Trent: OG Anunoby. Or, I guess, Scottie, depending how you want to define it. But if the Raptors are not starting Barnes at C (they should not), then there are only 4 starting spots available to guys who are not that C, and three of those are Pascal, Scottie and OG. There's really only room for one "guard" in the starting group.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Here's some competition at the guard position for Trent: OG Anunoby. Or, I guess, Scottie, depending how you want to define it. But if the Raptors are not starting Barnes at C (they should not), then there are only 4 starting spots available to guys who are not that C, and three of those are Pascal, Scottie and OG. There's really only room for one "guard" in the starting group.
                        Yes, that is the major factor working against Gary playing for the Raps long term.

Gary is the superior scorer, and capable of having huge games, but OG on defense is top shelf stuff. While OG > Gary should be pretty cut and dry do you factor in how many games he's missed over the last couple of years? And at what point can you say that maybe the value of Gary's scoring ability might over shadow OG's defence when you surround Gary with Fred, Scottie, Siakam and Precious? Any reasonable argument to be made there in your eyes?

Comment

Scottie is the pointguard of the future he shouldn't be a shooting guard ... and especially if his shot improves but still has parts of the season where it is inconsistent you can overcome that by putting the ball in his hands.

Comment

Yes, that is the major factor working against Gary playing for the Raps long term.

Gary is the superior scorer, and capable of having huge games, but OG on defense is top shelf stuff. While OG > Gary should be pretty cut and dry do you factor in how many games he's missed over the last couple of years? And at what point can you say that maybe the value of Gary's scoring ability might over shadow OG's defence when you surround Gary with Fred, Scottie, Siakam and Precious? Any reasonable argument to be made there in your eyes?
                            Gary's offence is not consistent enough and his decision making doesn't make him better than OG's offence. He pops off because he gets hot but the processing isn't better.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I think it's very unlikely that Fred would be the one going out in any trade, the way Masai and Nick talked about him in the final pressers, it's hard to imagine they move off of him.... unless it was a deal you could not refuse.
                              Based on everythign they've publicly said, there is no way they are trading FVV or Achiuwa even over Pascal or OG. Trent or Bucher maybe for the right return, they're open to.

The "untradeable" core is those first four plus Scott. jmo

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Overall, I like the thought process, but considering value and needs, I think it could be more like this:

GTJ + Svi for Capela + Skylar Mays
                                FVV + Boucher for Jamal Murray
                                Birch + Flynn for Burks

Starters: Murray, OG, Scottie, Pascal, Capela
                                Bench: Precious, Burks, Mays, Brooks, Banton + MLE

Our bench depth would still be pretty weak. We really need to develop Armoni Brooks into a rotation piece, like the Heat developed Strus and Vincent. Brooks has been a lights-out shooter at every level and he can get his shot off at this level. And he showed some nice defensive flashes this year... so staying on the floor should not be a problem, unlike Matt Thomas.

Than for the bench, the addition of Thad Young should be included.

The MLE is important signing of a Combo SG/SF who can shoot the rock and play defense - suggest Nick Batum. $2/18 Million due to his age

Murray, OG, Barnes, Siakam & Capella $108 Million

The bench ($30 Million) - Brooks, Burks, Batum, Young and Precious and than 2nd Round pick, Banton , Svi, and two others

Comment

Working...
                                X