• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    Man, l hope the season starts already.
    Tired of reading debates based on conjectures and assumptions
    Well, we already know that the "Gary vs. Precious starting" debate is going into overdrive, literally 1 second after tip-off. lol. Are you looking forward to that?

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Man, l hope the season starts already.
    Tired of reading debates based on conjectures and assumptions

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

so here is the thing when I say biyombo hands its because biyombo had trouble with his free throws and his ability to finish around the basket if it wasn't a dunk. This describes Precious ... for at minimum 3/4 of the year if you are being honest. Early on he even had trouble catching the damn ball at times.

now am I saying he = biyombo.. obviously not
    I think Precious' first 30 games or so for us you are spot on. But we've seen a lot of basketball from him since then and I don't think the comparison holds up given the progress we saw.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    big boi wrote: View Post

Remind me of Biyombo's 3pt shooting %
    so here is the thing when I say biyombo hands its because biyombo had trouble with his free throws and his ability to finish around the basket if it wasn't a dunk. This describes Precious ... for at minimum 3/4 of the year if you are being honest. Early on he even had trouble catching the damn ball at times.

now am I saying he = biyombo.. obviously not

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Precious D is great but I dont trust him under pressure. Hes a guy that will miss a huge gimme when it counts in the playoffs. I thought it was gonna happen last playoffs but he did do an 0-2 from the stripe in the dying minutes of the elimination game. Hope Im wrong but Im worried

https://youtu.be/ieAvrNCVb3A
    Why i prefer Gary over him closing games

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Not saying he was better but its attitude and confidence when it counts. Bismack had that in spades

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Precious is nothing like Biyombo and his stone hands. Precious can catch at a decent rate. He has to work on the shooting but there's been plenty of positive signs there. He's very young still, but has already shown way more than Biz.

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

just biyombo hands
    Remind me of Biyombo's 3pt shooting %

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    big boi wrote: View Post
    Precious does not have "hands-of-stone"
    just biyombo hands

Leave a comment:

• big boi
    replied
    Precious does not have "hands-of-stone"

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    Precious D is great but I dont trust him under pressure. Hes a guy that will miss a huge gimme when it counts in the playoffs. I thought it was gonna happen last playoffs but he did do an 0-2 from the stripe in the dying minutes of the elimination game. Hope Im wrong but Im worried

I was very critical of hands-of-stone Achiuwa early and I feel tightly so, I was of OG too, a real lack of polish/finish from each of them even as rookies. OG has come along slowly, still not a finished product (I hope) and Achiuwa progressed last season from horr-awful to decent. To my mind, he has a higher ceiling than OG offensively and I think will be given more rein to develop that aspect of his game. tbh, Pascal Scotty and Fred aren't the cocky A+ ball handlers we need either but collectivelyt get it done.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied

Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Yesterday, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yes, this.

Precious is being developed as a Center and is not being developed to be Siakam, which is what started this whole back and forth.
    I think the point being made was that the Raptors might want Precious to continue to develop his off the dribble game, and think he has the upside to be a primary shot creator like Siakam has become.

I disagree entirely with that premise, but I don't think it has anything to do with who is guarding who on the defensive end. We already know Precious is a very switchable high impact defender.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think what that means is on the defensive side.
    Precious will be guarding the opponent's centers, so he is our center.
    Yes, this.

Precious is being developed as a Center and is not being developed to be Siakam, which is what started this whole back and forth.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Man, it’s really hard to get people out of the positions box.
    I think what that means is on the defensive side.
    Precious will be guarding the opponent's centers, so he is our center.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X