Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think we have some pretty low expectations. I just want a reliable 8th man (if Boucher is the 7th), that can come in and steady the ship. I would prefer a guard…. I honestly think Delon would be excellent.

    I believe Blake said that Delon welcomed the trade in 2019, because he wasn’t happy with his playing time. But, I think he would be getting the same minutes that he would be getting anywhere else if he came here.
    Double nickels back in Toronto would be good...
    And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

    Comment


    • WJF wrote: View Post
      I think we should dampen expectations of Jalen Harris and the impact he could have if back on the Raptors.

      He has 13 games of NBA experience.
      8 of those games were in May and the team's record in those 8 games was 1 win 7 losses.
      He played, what you could call, well in 5 of his 13 games. All losses!

      He is under 6'3" barefoot but does have a 6'7 wing span, he does not solve any size issues in the backcourt and is limited in his switch-ability on defense.

      He is older that Gary Trent!
      I think an established NBA player that is looking for a defined role and can bring some consistency is what we need.

      UFA Shooting guards of interest.
      Gary Harris
      Malik Monk
      Josh Jackson (maybe)
      Damion Lee
      Bryn Forbes (combo guard)

      UFA Point Guards of interest.
      Tyus Jones
      Elfrid Payton

      RFA Guards that might be gettable.
      Donte DiVicenzo
      Lonnie Walker (San An seems loaded at the guard/wing positions)

      Harris would be a minimum deal guy, way less than everyone on that list, no reason to not bring him back.

      I also completely disagree with the analysis that we should only consider his 8 games in May and because we had a losing record then Harris isn't good and that play didn't matter. He played great against other NBA teams. He wasn't the reason we lost those games. We were purposefully resting starters, Harris got more minutes and he almost blew the tank by winning games for us.

      Some of your targets play on bad teams, should we hold that against them?

      Comment


      • Primer wrote: View Post

        Harris would be a minimum deal guy, way less than everyone on that list, no reason to not bring him back.

        I also completely disagree with the analysis that we should only consider his 8 games in May and because we had a losing record then Harris isn't good and that play didn't matter. He played great against other NBA teams. He wasn't the reason we lost those games. We were purposefully resting starters, Harris got more minutes and he almost blew the tank by winning games for us.

        Some of your targets play on bad teams, should we hold that against them?
        in terms of harris I just think we need to see what he looks like in summer league I am assuming yuta is gone, for a fresh start, I assume svi will be packaged in a small deal for something along with flynn so that creates 3 spots.. .we will see what brooks has at summer league.


        I didn't realize he was over the age of trent. Again there are guys ... on his potential list that may be worth chasing. I think minimum is his best hope scenario I could see us getting lonnie on the bi annual
        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sat May 21, 2022, 10:13 AM.

        Comment


        • Primer wrote: View Post

          Harris would be a minimum deal guy, way less than everyone on that list, no reason to not bring him back.

          I also completely disagree with the analysis that we should only consider his 8 games in May and because we had a losing record then Harris isn't good and that play didn't matter. He played great against other NBA teams. He wasn't the reason we lost those games. We were purposefully resting starters, Harris got more minutes and he almost blew the tank by winning games for us.

          Some of your targets play on bad teams, should we hold that against them?
          Harris on a minimum is fine, but he is not a top 9-10 player on a team that wants to go deep in the playoffs. He does not solve our bench issues.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

          Comment


          • WJF wrote: View Post

            Harris on a minimum is fine, but he is not a top 9-10 player on a team that wants to go deep in the playoffs. He does not solve our bench issues.
            I think he's better than half the guys you listed if not more. I see him as a top 9 guy easy. You're saying he's bad based on doing extremely well against NBA competition because we lost those games.

            Comment


            • why do i get the funny feeling we going to fuck this off-season up

              Comment


              • grindhouse wrote: View Post
                why do i get the funny feeling we going to fuck this off-season up
                because everyone remembers the Kawhi offseason, but no one remembers the 4 or 5 before that where nothing major was changed

                Comment


                • grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  why do i get the funny feeling we going to fuck this off-season up
                  Unreal expectations???

                  Comment


                  • Primer wrote: View Post

                    I think he's better than half the guys you listed if not more. I see him as a top 9 guy easy. You're saying he's bad based on doing extremely well against NBA competition because we lost those games.
                    13 games is a very small sample size. Having a green light in throw away games is not a great litmus test. That's why I'm not sold on him. It took all season for Precious to become.consistent and find a role....and he was go.in in with more experience than Harris.

                    if he's back I hope he proves me wrong.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                    Comment


                    • Would take a look at Christian Wood be an option? A package around Gary Trent, maybe? Since the Rockets will probably draft a big man? I'm not sure but it seems like he could fit our team!

                      Achiuwa/Wood/Birch
                      Siakam/Boucher
                      Anunoby/Young/Rookie
                      VanVleet/G.Harris/Champagnie
                      Barnes/Flynn/Banton/Brooks

                      Comment


                      • TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                        Would take a look at Christian Wood be an option? A package around Gary Trent, maybe? Since the Rockets will probably draft a big man? I'm not sure but it seems like he could fit our team!

                        Achiuwa/Wood/Birch
                        Siakam/Boucher
                        Anunoby/Young/Rookie
                        VanVleet/G.Harris/Champagnie
                        Barnes/Flynn/Banton/Brooks
                        the problem with wood is he wants a big role.

                        Comment


                        • TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                          Would take a look at Christian Wood be an option? A package around Gary Trent, maybe? Since the Rockets will probably draft a big man? I'm not sure but it seems like he could fit our team!

                          Achiuwa/Wood/Birch
                          Siakam/Boucher
                          Anunoby/Young/Rookie
                          VanVleet/G.Harris/Champagnie
                          Barnes/Flynn/Banton/Brooks
                          I don't know that we need another 6'9 PF/C.

                          Comment


                          • TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                            Would take a look at Christian Wood be an option? A package around Gary Trent, maybe? Since the Rockets will probably draft a big man? I'm not sure but it seems like he could fit our team!

                            Achiuwa/Wood/Birch
                            Siakam/Boucher
                            Anunoby/Young/Rookie
                            VanVleet/G.Harris/Champagnie
                            Barnes/Flynn/Banton/Brooks
                            Raptors need more guard depth not less. Besides Houston already has Green and Porter Jr in their back court. I don't think they would need Gary, even if they draft another big.

                            What Houston needs are wings. I'm not trading OG for Wood.

                            Comment


                            • I really like Oladipo..He would be really nice with Raptors. I think the Raptors could get him on a mid level contract..10.5..11 million per year I believe..3 years, he probably want 4 years.
                              The guy is a beast, especially in the playoffs, I as a fan I trust his game, his gotten in shape and playing best ball since early days of Indiana.
                              Problem is..Maimi has his bird rights and maybe they want retain him.
                              Maimi has good weather, no tax and pretty good team.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

                              Comment


                              • Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                I really like Oladipo..He would be really nice with Raptors. I think the Raptors could get him on a mid level contract..10.5..11 million per year I believe..3 years, he probably want 4 years.
                                The guy is a beast, especially in the playoffs, I as a fan I trust his game, his gotten in shape and playing best ball since early days of Indiana.
                                Problem is..Maimi has his bird rights and maybe they want retain him.
                                Maimi has good weather, no tax and pretty good team.
                                would you rather have him or monk?
                                I think there are better options that are younger or similar impact options that are younger than getting him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X