• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    How about:

To Raps: S&T Nurkic, Simons, #7
    To Blazers: OG & Trent

Does the math work?
    The math is largely irrelevant. Teams never combine draft day trades with SnTs. Way too much can go wrong in between the draft and FA.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Its expected. He is an excellent 3&D wing that can fit anywhere.

This is definitely from external interests, but if there is any reason for OG to want out, its to get a larger offensive role somewhere else. That wouldn't make sense though because he has been given the freedom to expand his game here.
      I think it's much ado about nothing but right now but with the expected rise of Achiuwa's minutes/usage, OG is still likely seen as the 4th-5th option on the floor. When Pascal was out for a few games, OG was asked to step up and he actually showed some offensive ability with aggression. It was cool to see.

Move Fred down to more off ball and catch and shoots but it' still hard to see OG getting a lot of shots. Hopefully he's working on his handle all Summer because he's already shown the ability to bully defenders.

Comment

OG is a Klutch client. They do a great job getting every morsel of money, fame, opportunity, etc... for their clients, i.e. player empowerment. Would not be surprised if Rich Paul is in OG's ear telling him he needs to get TF out of Toronto and back to the States on a team where he's the defacto #2 option.
        I agree with almost all of this but I don't know of too many teams that are in a position to trade for OG, that would make him the #2 option.....would be cool to see what he could do in that opportunity though

Comment

How about:

Does the math work?
          How does that improve the Raptors though? Nurk plays half a season lately, and can't defend in space. And we'd be effectively pushing any possibility of a window to contend past the Siakam/FVV era by getting that much younger.

I get that everyone wants a 7 footer, but we're doing pretty good by platooning our forwards to help while Precious comes into his own. And he's doing that somewhat rapidly considering his growth over this past season.

Comment

How about:

Does the math work?
            That's a steal for the Raps. Simmons is a stud. I don't see the Blazers trading him though.

The Hart + 7 is intriguing though because I really like Daniels.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

That's a steal for the Raps. Simmons is a stud. I don't see the Blazers trading him though.

The Hart + 7 is intriguing though because I really like Daniels.
              I think HArt the 7th and an additional pick is actually a frame work that could be possible.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

When did I say he was a finished product? I responded above to a comment about him being mentioned as a DPOY candidate which is just downright silly, and initially to a comment about the quality of his defence this past year. Said nothing about potential. But if we are grading the roster on defensive potential is he really a piece that stands out in a good way?

The trade Gary talk has everything to do with his pending unrestricted free agency (and the impending raises for the rest of the core as well). Let's not get that twisted.

Absolutely if you move Gary it has to be for a good return. Of course. You don't move him for nothing, and you don't move him for depth. You move him for a guy or a pick you think can turn into a guy who is either a) better than Gary or b) comparable to Gary and is more cost-controlled. The pick in 2022 fits the bill, especially if Masai is the guy doing the drafting, depending on who is available at that pick, a judgment I've learned to leave to Masai rather than imposing my own.

And oh my goodness please no to a Trent-Wood swap.
                You seem to expect a lot in return for a player you claim was below average defensively and has a has a probable one year rental contract. Why would a team trade a comparable player with better cost control? Or a player with more potential? Like who? Please name a few players you would trade gary for

Comment

• Curious if a three way trade could be available where Kings get the 7th pick + a player they like, Raptors get 4th + Hart and Blazers get OG. That way Raptors are guaranteed to get Sharpe and Kings fall down a bit and an additional player to help them push for the Playoffs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I agree with almost all of this but I don't know of too many teams that are in a position to trade for OG, that would make him the #2 option.....would be cool to see what he could do in that opportunity though
                    I'm not saying OG can be, or should be, a number 2 option. Just speculating that's how these players and their agents visualize themselves and their potential... positioning them for their next big(ger) contract. A lot of them think they just need the opportunity and the right system/coach/pecking order to showcase all the work they put in.

Comment

• OG trade would be the biggest mistake in franchise history..mark my words.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        Curious if a three way trade could be available where Kings get the 7th pick + a player they like, Raptors get 4th + Hart and Blazers get OG. That way Raptors are guaranteed to get Sharpe and Kings fall down a bit and an additional player to help them push for the Playoffs.
                        Sharpe might be there at 7. Its pretty fluid probably between 4-8 in this draft. Sharpe didn't really go to college so he could easily fall.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                          OG trade would be the biggest mistake in franchise history.. mark my words.

Marked.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Sharpe might be there at 7. Its pretty fluid probably between 4-8 in this draft. Sharpe didn't really go to college so he could easily fall.
                            Fair enough, I remember seeing Sharpe going 4th in some mock drafts. If he falls, then the trade isn't necessary.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Two sources with knowledge of the dynamic told B/R that Anunoby has not directly expressed discontent with his situation with the Raptors. Perhaps the conversation around him has been driven more by external interest in acquiring the fifth-year forward's services.
                              Same sources that thought the Lakers can snatch Nick Nurse from the Raptors.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

You seem to expect a lot in return for a player you claim was below average defensively and has a has a probable one year rental contract. Why would a team trade a comparable player with better cost control? Or a player with more potential? Like who? Please name a few players you would trade gary for
                                Same feeling here. I'm in no rush to trade Trent, but if I was, I don't see how Christian Wood (+ a pick, like #17 this year) would be a bad exchange. Solves some issues people believe we have at C at 14M next season, then expiring. Can hit some 3s, can definitely score in the post. Raptors culture might pull more out of him?

Again, I'm not advocating to trade Trent; I think it's far more likely they keep him at least until the trade deadline, and that's the path I'd probably take, too. But if you're determined that this is the offseason to use him in a trade before he dashes in FA, then there are worse ideas than Wood, esp. if you believe they need a "true C".

Comment

Working...
                                X