No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the national American media, can get away with being critical, because they know they'll never lose access. Players want to be seen on ESPN or TNT, our guys have to beg for interviews.

Will has had his Raptors Show on Sportsnet for a whole season and he was able to get Thad, Fred, Bobby and Boucher... not any of the other players or coaches. That's brutal.

Comment

We need to get back to 19/20 when we finished second in the league. Minus gasol, serge, lowry. Lets say bouch replaces serges numbers. Scottie replaces lowry. need a gasol type.

i like gobert. He has some deficiencies but so does everyone on this current starting lineup

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        We need to get back to 19/20 when we finished second in the league. Minus gasol, serge, lowry. Lets say bouch replaces serges numbers. Scottie replaces lowry. need a gasol type.

i like gobert. He has some deficiencies but so does everyone on this current starting lineup
        Gobert is fine on paper, but you're gonna have to trade a lot because of his ridiculous contract.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
          I think the national American media, can get away with being critical, because they know they'll never lose access. Players want to be seen on ESPN or TNT, our guys have to beg for interviews.

Will has had his Raptors Show on Sportsnet for a whole season and he was able to get Thad, Fred, Bobby and Boucher... not any of the other players or coaches. That's brutal.
          Is Lou Will part of RR or on this site as a member?

Comment

" Raptors in no man's land " - Shaq n Chuck

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Gobert is fine on paper, but you're gonna have to trade a lot because of his ridiculous contract.
              that is the main issue is his contract is so enormous that you are looking at giving up significant pieces just to make the contracts work

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                " Raptors in no man's land " - Shaq n Chuck
                There not wrong..Raptors don't have a superstar player. They got good players and a kid who has the potential of being a star, but that's 3 to 5 years away, will c if it happens.
                Philly is Trash team..but they still beat us with Embid and past his prime Harden, and good cast of players.
                Raptors need a superstar player and they don't have that..Kawli is perfect example..u can't win without star players.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Is Lou Will part of RR or on this site as a member?
                  He used to write for RR, and was a member. He mentioned, on his show, that he does come on the site from time to time.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

There not wrong..Raptors don't have a superstar player. They got good players and a kid who has the potential of being a star, but that's 3 to 5 years away, will c if it happens.
                    Philly is Trash team..but they still beat us with Embid and past his prime Harden, and good cast of players.
                    Raptors need a superstar player and they don't have that..Kawli is perfect example..u can't win without star players.
                    And what would you like them to do? Hold a gun to someones head and say "give me your superstar!"? If Scottie develops on the same curve as nearly every other core Raptor before him did, then yes he's a superstar in 3 to 5 years. and 3 to 5 years of getting better and better towards being a contender sounds pretty fun to me
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Is finding a back up PG the biggest priority for the Raps this off season? It seems like Banton fell out of favor after they initially gave him a big push. He's the prototypical long, switchy guard which I think Raps would love in the rotation, but he's far away in terms of skills and decision making. Flynn has been meh and I don't think they are enthusiastic with his lack of physical tools to defend at the level they want.

Likely not going to find the guard they want in the draft with their SRP, so thinking trade or free agency. Has anyone watched Monto Morris from the Nuggets? Does he seem like a Raps type of player? With Murray coming back there are going to be fewer minutes at PG in Denver for the back up guys and Morris might be available in a trade.

Comment

• Thad will be an interesting case study on our current climate for free agents. We have his bird rights so that’s one advantage. He said all the right things on exit interviews about loving the city and the organization. But he also talked about doing what’s best for his family.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Is finding a back up PG the biggest priority for the Raps this off season? It seems like Banton fell out of favor after they initially gave him a big push. He's the prototypical long, switchy guard which I think Raps would love in the rotation, but he's far away in terms of skills and decision making. Flynn has been meh and I don't think they are enthusiastic with his lack of physical tools to defend at the level they want.

Likely not going to find the guard they want in the draft with their SRP, so thinking trade or free agency. Has anyone watched Monto Morris from the Nuggets? Does he seem like a Raps type of player? With Murray coming back there are going to be fewer minutes at PG in Denver for the back up guys and Morris might be available in a trade.
                          I think more than a point guard, I would just like a backcourt combo guy who can shoot first and handle the rock passable. I don't think we need or want 48 minutes of a de facto point guard anymore, not with increased roles for scottie and Pascal.

I think out biggest needs are depth shooting, and a big 7 footer thats not
                          a clumsy oaf like many of the ones masai has tried to pick up.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I think more than a point guard, I would just like a backcourt combo guy who can shoot first and handle the rock passable. I don't think we need or want 48 minutes of a de facto point guard anymore, not with increased roles for scottie and Pascal.

I see what you mean, but I mentioned PG because I was thinking there is a need for a guy beyond just bringing the ball up the court. Like being able to create for others at a high level, push in transition and make decisions quickly...those sort of PG duties which maybe not every combo guard has in the tool kit. You're right about Pascal and Scottie sharing in those duties, but again do they do that at a high level? Socttie maybe, but Pascal is still more focused on creating for himself than others.

If not a PG then I think they just need a guard that can come off the bench and defend at a high level. Maybe Banton takes a big step this off season, but I'm thinking maybe a player with a few more years would be helpful.

I just caught a couple minutes of Nurse's exit interview and he sounds really high on Precious, just talking about how he can play both ends, is physical and really started getting it towards the end of the season. Mentioned if he improves on what he was able to do this season then he's a really good player and Nurse is looking for more consistency from him next season. Thinking Precious is our guy at C next season. Maybe a big 7 footer at the end of the bench, but just the way Raps like to play it seems unlikely. Not a priority anyway.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Thad will be an interesting case study on our current climate for free agents. We have his bird rights so that’s one advantage. He said all the right things on exit interviews about loving the city and the organization. But he also talked about doing what’s best for his family.
                              Yeah, will be interesting. If the money is right he'll be back, but not sure what that would be and if Raps are going to invest to keep him here. Also, does Thad want play in this sort of system where a huge effort is needed at all times? He's got a lot of miles on those legs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

We could move Fred back to the bench and make Scottie the full-time PG. Voila. Problem solved. *ducks*

Comment

Working...
                                X