Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Offseason 2022

Is it too soon?

We have the 33rd pick, the mid level, and a couple expiring contracts. I don't expect any big swings, Masai is a pretty patient guy, I think we'll keep trending up, until we are ready to make the big leap.

Fred, Trent, Flynn for Mitchell and NAW?

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      Fred, Trent, Flynn for Mitchell and NAW?
      Hell NAW.

Comment

I think it's Gobert that will be moved, that a tough contract to build around

Comment

We need a starting 2 guard, a backup big that can actually play and we need to improve our depth. Would be nice to have shooters coming off the bench.

My #1 trade target would be Cam Johnson.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Raptors are not trading Fred. Masai is not going to trade a core player this off season.

This is Raptor ball circa 2014. That year we got to a game 7 and lost. And we were the 3rd seed facing the 6th seed.

So stumbled a bit but not really.. Masai did not make any major changes going into 2015.. the year we got swept by the Wizards:

- Drafted Bruno (and Daniels)
            - We traded Salmons for Lou Williams and Bebe
            - Signed James Johnson
            - Signed Jordan Hamilton and Greg Stiemsma

I think the summer will be very similar.

We have Boucher and Thad who'll be free agents (but own their bird rights) and the full non tax-payer MLE. We can also use the BAE but I think that'll likely get us over the tax if we're keeping both Chris and Thad.

No major changes (ie core changes) until maybe next season. By then Fred and Gary are free agents so could end up making drastic changes anyway.

Comment

Barnes, Og, Siakim, Achiuwa...Stay..
              Everyone else..could care else..
              U need Elite Shooting Guard, and allstar to little below level center.
              Center is a must.
              Also, u need a F^$$ bench, back up guard, back up center...u need more veteran leadership experience..
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I think we all agree the bench needs an overhaul. There are bright spots with Banton, DJ, and Champagnee. Flynn and Harris, might have some upside, but I think the boat is sailing on those guys

Comment

Watanabe was really disappointing. Thought he was going to be a contributor this season but provided very little. Won't be disappointed if he gets cut.

Comment

The bench improved once Precious turned into an MIP candidate, and Chris decided to play like a role player. Thad also helped of course.

But breaking down the bench further:

- Svi has been terrible all year. It's sad that we gave him a player option.
                    - Watanabe was pretty terrible too.
                    - Flynn had some good moments, but mostly bad moments. Still can't shoot which is really weird given his role.
                    - Banton most times looks like a headless chicken running around. Really awkward. And his lack of shooting really hurts him. But was a G-league stud so has potential.
                    - Brooks was a nice little get late in the season.
                    - Bonga for some reason was on the team.. still not sure why. Should have gone with Dekker.
                    - Champagnie was a bright spot early on. Still weird to not give him a guaranteed contract. He also was a G-league stud.
                    - Johnson never played, and I don't really know much about him even in the G-league. So can't really comment.

Lots and lots of youth in this list (minus Watanabe who's already 27). Maybe the Raptors could have used another vet. Experience matters in the NBA. But we like having lots of youth in the back of our bench to groom like we did with Fred, Pascal, Norm, etc.

Flynn, Banton and Champagnie will/should be back. Svi has a player option, but could easily get waived too if he opts in. No idea about the rest. Maybe we give Brooks another contract. But we have our #33 pick to add to this. And our MLE. Could get someone nice with that.

Comment

Draft a good SG.
                      Even if we need to trade a piece to get it,
                      I don't care.
                      We really need a good young SG prospect.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                        I think we all agree the bench needs an overhaul. There are bright spots with Banton, DJ, and Champagnee. Flynn and Harris, might have some upside, but I think the boat is sailing on those guys
                        Banton and Champagnie both fit well. They need lots of work but they make sense in Toronto. If 1 of them hits that would be great. Flynn doesn’t fit in Toronto. Who is Harris?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          The bench improved once Precious turned into an MIP candidate, and Chris decided to play like a role player. Thad also helped of course.

But breaking down the bench further:

- Svi has been terrible all year. It's sad that we gave him a player option.
                          - Watanabe was pretty terrible too.
                          - Flynn had some good moments, but mostly bad moments. Still can't shoot which is really weird given his role.
                          - Banton most times looks like a headless chicken running around. Really awkward. And his lack of shooting really hurts him. But was a G-league stud so has potential.
                          - Brooks was a nice little get late in the season.
                          - Bonga for some reason was on the team.. still not sure why. Should have gone with Dekker.
                          - Champagnie was a bright spot early on. Still weird to not give him a guaranteed contract. He also was a G-league stud.
                          - Johnson never played, and I don't really know much about him even in the G-league. So can't really comment.

Lots and lots of youth in this list (minus Watanabe who's already 27). Maybe the Raptors could have used another vet. Experience matters in the NBA. But we like having lots of youth in the back of our bench to groom like we did with Fred, Pascal, Norm, etc.

Flynn, Banton and Champagnie will/should be back. Svi has a player option, but could easily get waived too if he opts in. No idea about the rest. Maybe we give Brooks another contract. But we have our #33 pick to add to this. And our MLE. Could get someone nice with that.

Precious, Boucher and Thad have been great, but Raps still need a shooter or 2, especially a reliable guard.

A healthy Fred would have made a pretty big difference in this series. Can't have him breaking down again next season.

Comment

If they do nothing but the bare minimum they will be improved next season just because of Scottie Barnes' growth. I don't think they do anything drastic because it's not yet their time again, that trade probably doesn't put them over the top right now. For that reason, a big move is too soon and so it's a bad decision and so Masai won't do that.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                              A healthy Fred would have made a pretty big difference in this series. Can't have him breaking down again next season.
                              Might have to manage his games in the closing stretch of 2023.

Comment

Working...
                              X