Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    I definitely think you need to address the scoring issues.

Agreed. Lots of questions though about how they can do that if the core group remains (seems highly likely) and without hurting the defence. Also, have to wonder how committed they are to this 6'9 project (if that's what it is).

Still seeing a lot of 'we need a center' or 'we need a SG' but does the organisation even think in those terms anymore?

Anyway, will be curious to see how they add some firepower.

Comment

One quick thing that we could do is trade flynn and Svi for NAW

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

Agreed. Lots of questions though about how they can do that if the core group remains (seems highly likely) and without hurting the defence. Also, have to wonder how committed they are to this 6'9 project (if that's what it is).

Still seeing a lot of 'we need a center' or 'we need a SG' but does the organisation even think in those terms anymore?

Anyway, will be curious to see how they add some firepower.
        I actually put it above the need for a center. A center would be VERY nice to have but I want one that fits the system.

Comment

I mean, sign me up, but I don't know if that's there.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I mean, sign me up, but I don't know if that's there.
            they didn't use him at all to end the season so they may not want to give him a shot..

the other one would be signing gary harris straight up

Comment

How much is a guy like TJ Warren going to make coming off a season he almost completely missed?

Comment

Who knows? Utah seems like a ticking bomb. Great article on ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ture-utah-jazz

Comment

Dont really buy into the wait and see approach. Most teams are naturally improving. The teams below us can probably improve more. Chicago and Cleveland healthy will become better. New orleans getting better fast. Brooklyns gonna do something. Not sure what to make of charlotte.

aside from scottie and precious i dont see much growth. I know nick uses a short bench but last in bench points doesnt really point to a team thats gonna improve much organically and we dont have much in the way of picks any time soon either.

Comment

3:42 mark.

Comment

I actually put it above the need for a center. A center would be VERY nice to have but I want one that fits the system.
                      It's the same with scoring options, though. Whatever player they bring in needs to fit this system or it won't work. I agree though that the firepower issue is way, way, way ahead of adding another big.

Comment

Ya i was thinking durant. Pretty sure he was pissed watching kyrie all smiles and hugs after the elimination. Someone mentioned kyrie with a sense of purpose next year..why not this year? Kyrie and simmons are whack durant should run

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                          Dont really buy into the wait and see approach. Most teams are naturally improving. The teams below us can probably improve more. Chicago and Cleveland healthy will become better. New orleans getting better fast. Brooklyns gonna do something. Not sure what to make of charlotte.

aside from scottie and precious i dont see much growth. I know nick uses a short bench but last in bench points doesnt really point to a team thats gonna improve much organically and we dont have much in the way of picks any time soon either.
                          This reads like posts from 2014. "How are the Raptors gonna get better, Lowry and Derozan are alreay old, other than JV there's not much growing to do. Except that team got incrementally better every year. AND they didn't have a 20 year old ROY.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I like Shaq, Kenny and Charles for the entertainment value but they are not team builders and can change their opinions depending on which way the wind blows.

They are totally discounting Scottie as a potential star…it might take a few years but Siakam is young enough for there to be overlap of them leading the franchise together. this team will come together. We are at the start of or trajectory….

Ya, we barely made the playoffs (without the play in) but we were also just 5 games from the top spot and 2 from the 2nd. Were we contenders? Nope… but we are starting to build towards that. This isn’t a franchise like Orlando, Charlotte, or Atlanta… this team will not slide, we’ll keep growing and challenging until we’re ready to make that step. (Like 2019)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              The Raptors are not trading Fred. Masai is not going to trade a core player this off season.

This is Raptor ball circa 2014. That year we got to a game 7 and lost. And we were the 3rd seed facing the 6th seed.

So stumbled a bit but not really.. Masai did not make any major changes going into 2015.. the year we got swept by the Wizards:

- Drafted Bruno (and Daniels)
                              - We traded Salmons for Lou Williams and Bebe
                              - Signed James Johnson
                              - Signed Jordan Hamilton and Greg Stiemsma

I think the summer will be very similar.
                              That's a truly butt ugly off-season and I hope we do significantly better than that.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                                I like Shaq, Kenny and Charles for the entertainment value but they are not team builders and can change their opinions depending on which way the wind blows.

They are totally discounting Scottie as a potential star…it might take a few years but Siakam is young enough for there to be overlap of them leading the franchise together. this team will come together. We are at the start of or trajectory….

Ya, we barely made the playoffs (without the play in) but we were also just 5 games from the top spot and 2 from the 2nd. Were we contenders? Nope… but we are starting to build towards that. This isn’t a franchise like Orlando, Charlotte, or Atlanta… this team will not slide, we’ll keep growing and challenging until we’re ready to make that step. (Like 2019)
                                Shaq's only value to the entertainment industry is getting mad at Barkley or encouraging Barkley to keep joking. The day Barkley stops, is the day Shaq and Kenny have lost their cash cow.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X