Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    One quick thing that we could do is trade flynn and Svi for NAW
    Maybe then we trade Yuta for Joel Embiid.

Comment

Why all this love for NAW?

Is it just because he’s Canadian or is it based on his cousin being Shai? He’s hardly shown anything at the NBA level

Comment

Flynn being packaged to dump Svi makes a ton of sense though.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          Why all this love for NAW?

Is it just because he’s Canadian or is it based on his cousin being Shai? He’s hardly shown anything at the NBA level
          Few reasons. First of all his play last year in FIBA is where I became interested in him. It was his playmaking chops I think he has a lot to offer in that area and is young so if you wanted a shooting guard prospect he is an interesting one. Him being Shai's cousin is a bonus. He showed more on the pelicans. I think I would rather give him a shot than see another year of flynn. Banton is likely our backup of the future especially if he learns to shoot. The thing with flynn is maybe he pops next year maybe he doesn't but.... I think moving on maybe best for both sides.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Maybe then we trade Yuta for Joel Embiid.
            how is that even equivalent. Do you really feel like that is an equivalent trade even being snarky?

Because either you think Flynn is that good of a prospect along with Svi or you are super down on NAW.

Comment

Do we own Jalen Harris’ rights still or is he a complete free agent?

If it’s the second I assume we don’t even bother knowing the impetus we put on culture, but if we own his rights and there’s interest around the league maybe we can capitalize?
              technically yes but I don't know if we give him another shot. I can see him at summer league on our squad and then based on that you either offer him a two way or a minimum if he is THAT good.

Comment

Few reasons. First of all his play last year in FIBA is where I became interested in him. It was his playmaking chops I think he has a lot to offer in that area and is young so if you wanted a shooting guard prospect he is an interesting one. Him being Shai's cousin is a bonus. He showed more on the pelicans. I think I would rather give him a shot than see another year of flynn. Banton is likely our backup of the future especially if he learns to shoot. The thing with flynn is maybe he pops next year maybe he doesn't but.... I think moving on maybe best for both sides.
                I agree it’s time to move on from Flynn. Shame we missed on Bane with that pick but that’s how the draft goes.

I don’t really see Banton yet as backup of the future, I still think he’s in that spot where it’s a prove to me what you can do. He’s great in transition and his activity defensively is very nice to see but there’s no playing him in a half court if he can’t shoot outside the paint and he doesn’t have a consistent floater in that 3-10ft range. He’s shown way more than Flynn imo though

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  All in all it was a good season.
                  Barnes was everything and more than advertised.
                  Pascal after wandering in the wilderness for a season is back as a bona fide all nba player (2nd or 3rd team) up front.
                  Gary Trent is as good as the departed Norman Powell He makes a pretty good share of his 3s and while he isn't a power drive to the rim player that Norm was he is as good as or better than Norm from my cheap seat.
                  Achiuwa has put himself in the top 6 core of this team. Freddy, Gary, Scottie, Pascal, OG and now the aforementioned Achiuwa.
                  Don't see any of these guys moving on for a while.
                  But as good as the future looks.. and it looks good... We are still are another impact player away from being a legit contender.

Where is this player going to come from ?

Can Barnes blow us away again next year with his improvement ?
                  Do we once again find a diamond in the coal mine that is the 2nd round of the NBA draft ?
                  Free Agency ?
                  Incredible TenForTheWin seismic Trade ?

After a couple of weaker performances at the offseason and trade deadline this year Bobsai WebJuri could use a solid offseason in both the draft and pro personnel sides of the business. .
                  Harder to get better as you raise the bar from "in playoffs" to "making a run in playoffs"

Go Raps.
                  Someone on the Fan Toronto made a very good point this afternoon; Raptor fans seem entirely forgiving and optimistic for a team that (since 2019) has won exactly one playoff series, missed the playoffs and lost in the first round (nearly swept).

Comment

I agree it’s time to move on from Flynn. Shame we missed on Bane with that pick but that’s how the draft goes.

I don’t really see Banton yet as backup of the future, I still think he’s in that spot where it’s a prove to me what you can do. He’s great in transition and his activity defensively is very nice to see but there’s no playing him in a half court if he can’t shoot outside the paint and he doesn’t have a consistent floater in that 3-10ft range. He’s shown way more than Flynn imo though
                    that's fair about banton but either way he has more to offer right now.

but yeah The thing about NAW is I like him as an flier you take on a guy.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Sometimes you don't have any moves to make. And we don't really have a lot of assets to work with. I think the off season is going to be boring again, unless you expect Masai to trade someone like OG or Fred.
                      Then I expect another 45-50 win season and an early exit. Not good enough.
                      Yes, I'm impatient and don't want to live off a fortunate 2019 for another 15 years.

Comment

that's fair about banton but either way he has more to offer right now.

but yeah The thing about NAW is I like him as an flier you take on a guy.
                        Makes a lot of sense

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Someone on the Fan Toronto made a very good point this afternoon; Raptor fans seem entirely forgiving and optimistic for a team that (since 2019) has won exactly one playoff series, missed the playoffs and lost in the first round (nearly swept).
                          I think we all knew the reality of this team. Masai, and Nick didn’t sugar coat anything. This was a year to get a bit of playoff experience, get their feet wet. Masai even undersold the team more at the beginning of the season.

I think there’s a trust in management, and “the process” it takes to win. We’ve seen the blueprint with the 2013/2014-2019 team.

We didn’t get swept, we had a very good chance is winning 3.

there’s nothing to be upset with this season

Comment

Oladipo would be a really interesting name to keep an eye on with the MLE

If healthy that’s exactly the type of player that fits with us and that Masai and Bobby love

Comment

The regular season was a success considering we were 2 games back from 2nd, we had a shit ton of injuries and no home court advantage for half the season.

Given all that if the Raps take a step back next year… fans won’t be forgiving.

Comment

Oladipo would be a really interesting name to keep an eye on with the MLE

If healthy that’s exactly the type of player that fits with us and that Masai and Bobby love
                                I think he is happy staying with the heat but I honestly like him a lot too

Comment

Working...
                                X