Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Someone on the Fan Toronto made a very good point this afternoon; Raptor fans seem entirely forgiving and optimistic for a team that (since 2019) has won exactly one playoff series, missed the playoffs and lost in the first round (nearly swept).
    We doing pretty dam good for a team Whose championship roster got gutted. Look at the lakers 2 years since winning it all? I'd say we are alot closer to getting back there now then they are.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Someone on the Fan Toronto made a very good point this afternoon; Raptor fans seem entirely forgiving and optimistic for a team that (since 2019) has won exactly one playoff series, missed the playoffs and lost in the first round (nearly swept).
      I mean there are circumstances surrounding all of that. This season was our first "normal season" since 2019.

The part for optimism is having Masai, Nick and now Scottie. We have one of the best executives and one of the best coaches in the game, along with a very promising rookie who won ROY. If we were stuck with a shitty front office and coach, the vibes would be quite different.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

that's fair about banton but either way he has more to offer right now.

but yeah The thing about NAW is I like him as an flier you take on a guy.
        Liked Banton early in the year, but by midseason it seemed like every time he touched the ball he either gave it up or shot an airball. Still, he is clearly a guy you want to see after a solid summer of structured practice and development. He's got a little bit of that Chaos factor that Chris brings. I would expect to see big improvements in his game by this fall. He, and the other young guys, now have a clear idea of what is needed to succeed at this level. With luck, they work out with that in mind.

Comment

That fan made a dumb point, c’mon. Zero perspective. Must’ve been one of those bandwagoners who just started following Raptors right after Kawhi’s 4 bouncer.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

That fan made a dumb point, c’mon. Zero perspective. Must’ve been one of those bandwagoners who just started following the Raptors right after Kawhi’s 4 bouncer.
            Yes, currently the Raptors are at least as good as the Eastern Conference Superteam, the New Jersey Nets.

Comment

It was a host.
              The point he was trying to make is fans won't hear anything but the highest optimism, he said "the team can do no wrong" and you can't be concerned or critical about absolutely anything. Whatever, I agree with the rebuttals above.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Liked Banton early in the year, but by midseason it seemed like every time he touched the ball he either gave it up or shot an airball. Still, he is clearly a guy you want to see after a solid summer of structured practice and development. He's got a little bit of that Chaos factor that Chris brings. I would expect to see big improvements in his game by this fall. He, and the other young guys, now have a clear idea of what is needed to succeed at this level. With luck, they work out with that in mind.
                that's kind of why I like him as a fit on the second unit. Once he learns how to shoot you will see a big improvement. He started off the year with good vision BUT telegraphed his passes a LOT. That got better as the year went on.

Comment

I'm not sure if any of these guys would play for the mid-level, but I think they would be good for us:

- Bobby Portis
                  - Taureen Prince
                  - Robert Covington
                  - Kyle Anderson
                  - Delon Wright
                  - Dennis Schroder
                  - Mitchell Robinson (would have to sign and trade for him)

To name a few, I don't think many will be in that 10M range

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure if any of these guys would play for the mid-level, but I think they would be good for us:

- Bobby Portis
                    - Taureen Prince
                    - Robert Covington
                    - Kyle Anderson
                    - Delon Wright
                    - Dennis Schroder
                    - Mitchell Robinson (would have to sign and trade for him)

To name a few, I don't think many will be in that 10M range
                    here is what i would do sorry if it makes anyone mad.

sign thad young
                    sign kyle anderson dribble pass shot the open shot
                    trade OG flynn trent for rudy gobert

can i explain before you take my head off. we need a center we all know that but not any center a defensive anchor. this team is the only team that can hide his weaknesses. 6’9 length plus a center that takes away the key!!!!!!

OG is a solid role player but kyle anderson is a better fit and his defense is just as good look up kyle anderson defence on youtube. add thad young and we get 2 players for one.

fred imo can stay a raptor for life but we need players that when it’s time to shut down everything we can take fred off the floor and put in work.

we still will need to address SG but maybe just maybe our players make a jump yuta?

Comment

It was a host.
                      The point he was trying to make is fans won't hear anything but the highest optimism, he said "the team can do no wrong" and you can't be concerned or critical about absolutely anything. Whatever, I agree with the rebuttals above.
                      Fans aren’t critical of anything? Tell that to Siakam after the bubble. Tell that to Masai after selecting Barnes. Again… perspective.

Comment

It was a host.
                        Can only speak for myself but if my team wins a title they get a 5 year grace period from me. If anything, Raps are probably ahead of it a bit cause of guys they were developing while winning the title (FVV, OG, Pascal). I do agree though that the Toronto media is cheerleading way too much for the organization. It’s unnecessary and doesn’t serve the fan base well.

Comment

The Toronto media is scared to be critical because they’ll lose access. Kyle was always pissy with Grange after he made comments about Kyle after the DeMar trade. Will Lou had to apologize to Boucher… mind you it was more about comments regarding Boucher’s weight that he didn’t like.

I wish they were more critical, and asked tougher questions.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                            The Toronto media is scared to be critical because they’ll lose access. Kyle was always pissy with Grange after he made comments about Kyle after the DeMar trade. Will Lou had to apologize to Boucher… mind you it was more about comments regarding Boucher’s weight that he didn’t like.

I wish they were more critical, and asked tougher questions.
                            nail on the head!!! journalism is a profession be a professional. you can be critical and still be respected by the players

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

nail on the head!!! journalism is a profession be a professional. you can be critical and still be respected by the players
                              A problem that extends well beyond sports unfortunately

Comment

Not sure how the other markets work but here with torstar to sportnet to bell media to mlse reporters here are basically asking their bosses the questions. Im guessing a lot of markets are untethered to the media

Comment

Working...
                                X