Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• We need a bonafide shooter. 9/10 teams (excluding new orleans) that trailed us in 3pt% didnt make the playoffs. Its a 3pt league. We have way too many dry spells

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We could move Fred back to the bench and make Scottie the full-time PG. Voila. Problem solved. *ducks*
        You mean Gary, I presume.

In any case, I don't think they want a "PG", they want 5 guys who can do it. As those 5 guys get closer to being able to do it, Fred can shift into his lower usage scoring guard role that he excels in, with only secondary creation to worry about.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

We could move Fred back to the bench and make Scottie the full-time PG. Voila. Problem solved. *ducks*
          if you are running with this team moving fred to the bench doesn't make sense because if the choice is fred or GTJ for a shooting guard as much as I am not the biggest fan of either I choose fred. Much better shooter.

Comment

• Not many real options for a guard than can somewhat run an offence, shoot the 3 and not be a black hole defensively.

Tyus Jones would be interesting but is undersized. Not sure it’s a great idea to bring in another 6’ PG, especially since he’d cost most if not the entire MLE.

Bringing back Delon is an option, can shoot the open 3 but certainly isn’t gonna fully run an offence on that level either.

Tough decisions to be made

Comment

• With Nick saying he wants bench shooting, athletic wings and a back end of a bench that can soak up minutes as opposed to 8-9 options, it sounds unlikely we’ll use the entire MLE on one player anyways.

Probably look for 2-3 value options that can outplay what they’ve shown so far.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

You mean Gary, I presume.

In any case, I don't think they want a "PG", they want 5 guys who can do it. As those 5 guys get closer to being able to do it, Fred can shift into his lower usage scoring guard role that he excels in, with only secondary creation to worry about.
                You plan on doing a full cap write up anywhere this year Dan?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  With Nick saying he wants bench shooting, athletic wings and a back end of a bench that can soak up minutes as opposed to 8-9 options, it sounds unlikely we’ll use the entire MLE on one player anyways.

Probably look for 2-3 value options that can outplay what they’ve shown so far.
                  I guess having 7-8 athletic wings is not enough for one team.

Comment

• Any word on when Masai or Bobby will do their end of season press conference?

Bobby, Masai and Nick’s are usually the most insightful

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I guess having 7-8 athletic wings is not enough for one team.
                      I mean we had them and played pretty much all of them and still had guys playing heavy minutes

If the plan is to stick with vision 6’9 it makes sense to get more that can actually play minutes and take roster spots from guys like Yuta

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        The bench needs a re-think. Bringing in 4 power forwards has way too many limitations. Achiuwa is obviously a keeper but I'm not sure how you bring back Boucher, Young and Birch as well and then add shooting.

Also curious as to how Banton fits in or whether they see him as more of a long term project for '23-24. Champagnie also showed flashes and seems like a fit but looks like an odd man out at the moment.

In any case, addressing the firepower/shooting need with a guy who can actually get on the floor in Nurse's defence will be critical. The center issue is a difficult one for a lot of reasons not least of which is that a mobile center who can defend all over the floor and isn't a slug on offence is basically on the top of every team's wish list.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The bench needs a re-think. Bringing in 4 power forwards has way too many limitations. Achiuwa is obviously a keeper but I'm not sure how you bring back Boucher, Young and Birch as well and then add shooting.

Also curious as to how Banton fits in or whether they see him as more of a long term project for '23-24. Champagnie also showed flashes and seems like a fit but looks like an odd man out at the moment.

In any case, addressing the firepower/shooting need with a guy who can actually get on the floor in Nurse's defence will be critical. The center issue is a difficult one for a lot of reasons not least of which is that a mobile center who can defend all over the floor and isn't a slug on offence is basically on the top of every team's wish list.
                          I think Young is back. Birch is likely out in a trade some how, Boucher it will depend on price.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if you are running with this team moving fred to the bench doesn't make sense because if the choice is fred or GTJ for a shooting guard as much as I am not the biggest fan of either I choose fred. Much better shooter.
                            There's a better chance of Fred being traded than getting moved to the bench.

Comment

• Not in a rush to move anyone in particular but I'd have Birch, Thad, Yuta, Flynn, Boucher, Banton, Svi and even Fred all available in the right deal(s). Need better 3 pt shooting and need to move Fred to a catch and shoot role. I'm OK in trying Achiuwa as the starting C but need a better big on the bench in that event.

I know they're more likely to just run it back but it feels like a treadmill season if they do; enjoyable, competitive but with a similar ending.

Pascal, Scottie, OG and Precious are my core. Personally, I'd hang onto GTJr. for another year and see what he can develop as his age fits the core perfectly.

Comment

• Not sure any season can be considered a treadmill season if Scottie, OG, GTJ and Precious are part of your core players getting heavy minutes

It’s not treadmilling if there’s clear internal growth expected

Comment

Working...
                                X