No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s like people already forgot that we stuck with the Demar/Kyle/Casey core for 5 years allowing it to grow until it was evident a clear upgrade was needed and it had reached its ceiling

Surely everyone would agree this core hasn’t come anywhere close to its ceiling.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

You plan on doing a full cap write up anywhere this year Dan?
      Probably at some point as we get closer to the draft.

For now I did put a quick summary in the pinned cap thread.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It’s like people already forgot that we stuck with the Demar/Kyle/Casey core for 5 years allowing it to grow until it was evident a clear upgrade was needed and it had reached its ceiling

Surely everyone would agree this core hasn’t come anywhere close to its ceiling.
        I do agree with you but again I think we have a conversation with Freddie and consider a new role if not time to start moving forward.

Comment

• Moving Precious into the starting lineup at C and Trent to the bench will fix a lot of issues.

Would love to get a backup C upgrade over Birch but doubt that happens.

Using the MLE on a versatile forward who can soak up minutes at multiple positions is likely the way we go. Probably same with the draft pick.

If Banton, Champagnie, and Johnson can contribute off the bench next year then we're looking pretty good.

I wanna see more of Scottie and Pascal running the offense with Fred being used as an off ball shooter. Pascal can clearly do it and Scottie should be much improved next season.

Things are looking up through my rose colored glasses. We shouldn't have any trouble competing for a top seed in the East. Miami is a very old team and will be on the decline. Same with Philly being stuck paying a shit ton to Harden. Horford is key to Boston and he will continue to regress. Milwaukee has a lot of old players on the wrong side of 30. To me it looks like we will improve the most this offseason.

Comment

It’s like people already forgot that we stuck with the Demar/Kyle/Casey core for 5 years allowing it to grow until it was evident a clear upgrade was needed and it had reached its ceiling

we need a quality center how do we get that, wait till one falls in our lap? it doesn’t excite me to watch a center less raptors team for the next 5 years.

after year 2-3 i knew demar wasn’t the answer. it’s been 3 years now with fred OG Pascal I only see a future with pascal. time will tell but i am taking bets

Comment

• If Flynn or banton aren't the answer, do we even need a backup PG? In the absence of a PnR game, what purpose would we have for a backup PG anyways? If anything, we need a really good shooter off the bench, and it might be worth moving a couple of our current depth to get one. I'm rather high on Flynn, at least compared to the rest of the forum, but he is more of a traditional PG that would work well with a traditional big running PnR. If we aren't gonna run much offence in that manner, then I'd like to see him moved where he can get a shot to get some minutes. In return, a 15 MPG player shooting around 40% from 3 would be great. I wouldn't expect to get that for just Flynn, but maybe add another player could get it done. Not sure who that could be, I'd like to see boucher back, Precious start and Trent to the bench, so that leaves the players we barely play. Probably not very appealing to the rest of the league.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Moving Precious into the starting lineup at C and Trent to the bench will fix a lot of issues.

Using the MLE on a versatile forward who can soak up minutes at multiple positions is likely the way we go. Probably same with the draft pick.

If Banton, Champagnie, and Johnson can contribute off the bench next year then we're looking pretty good.

I wanna see more of Scottie and Pascal running the offense with Fred being used as an off ball shooter. Pascal can clearly do it and Scottie should be much improved next season.

Things are looking up through my rose colored glasses. We shouldn't have any trouble competing for a top seed in the East. Miami is a very old team and will be on the decline. Same with Philly being stuck paying a shit ton to Harden. Horford is key to Boston and he will continue to regress. Milwaukee has a lot of old players on the wrong side of 30. To me it looks like we will improve the most this offseason.
                I agree, Precious to start and Trent to bench helps balance on the bench (first 3 guys aren't all bigs), shooting on the bench, and depth (by next year we'll likely have 6 guys deserving close to 30 min)

The question becomes if Trent is willing to go that route.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Robert Covington maybe? Clippers have his bird rights and maybe he gets more than that. He shot the 3 well last year and is known to play good D.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Robert Covington maybe? Clippers have his bird rights and maybe he gets more than that. He shot the 3 well last year and is known to play good D.
                    You're on to something, he's also a member of the wingspan tweener wing/front court like nearly the entire roster
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

this is the type of move that I would love.

Comment

Moving Precious into the starting lineup at C and Trent to the bench will fix a lot of issues.

would gtj want to move to the bench on a contract year?

Comment

Not sure any season can be considered a treadmill season if Scottie, OG, GTJ and Precious are part of your core players getting heavy minutes

It’s not treadmilling if there’s clear internal growth expected
                          Treadmilling is a trigger word on here and mean different things to different people.
                          Yes, I'd expect some internal growth from the young (new) core but with a likely similar outcome of 1st or 2nd round exit. Conference final is a tall order as presently constructed.

I'd expect this "clear" internal you mention to come from Scottie, likely from Achiuwa, unsure from GTJr and the jury is way out on OG. If he continues to be snake bitten healthwise, he may have already hit it. Counting every year on organic growth is fool's gold.

So I'll withdrawal treadmill and maintain similar outcome since I don't see the Bucks or Celitcs getting worse any time soon. You can't act as if they can't make moves too.
                          Last edited by G__Deane; Mon May 2, 2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

would gtj want to move to the bench on a contract year?
                            Luckily it's not up to him. He'd still get heavy minutes and he'd be able to shoot more as the bench scorer. If he looked at it the right way he'd see it could increase his value. Maybe we point to Herro as well and say we want you to be that for us. No other teams run our position less lineups so he'd still be in line for starting SG roles somewhere else, we just don't have a starting SG with the way we play.

Comment

• we have a real problem in toronto when it comes to media. this is concerning, 45min interview and not one single journalist asked about a center!

45 mins and no real hard questions asked. i am starting to think people are getting paid under the table or something. who here knows who was in that room?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

we have a real problem in toronto when it comes to media. this is concerning, 45min interview and not one single journalist asked about a center!

45 mins and no real hard questions asked. i am starting to think people are getting paid under the table or something. who here knows who was in that room?
                                Center is not an issue. Obviously would be nice to have someone like Embiid, Jokic or even Gobert. But those guys aren't going anywhere.. Raptors are fine at the C position. What we need is depth(shooting) and a starting 2 guard.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X