No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at the free agents this year, one name that pops out who's not a sexy name but is pretty good is Dante DiVincenzo.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Precious is fine as the starting C. What they need is a reliable backup big and not just a warm body like Birch.

Main issues they need to address:

1. Starting 2 guard
      2. Depth(we need shooting)
      3. Backup big
      Birch is a perfectly fine backup big. It's as a starter he's out of his depth. Precious stepping up into the starting C role fixes a whole bunch of stuff.

Starting 2 guard? Fred. Done. Starting PG can be Barnes.

It's just the shooting depth that is urgently needed, though if Trent is coming off the bench that helps. It will be interesting to see if they try to go the same ball handling, big, rangy look with their early 2nd or go for a shooter (maybe manage the best of both worlds).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• They picked up a shooter last off season in Svi, turns out he sucked. Need someone who is actually reliable and not only a shooter by reputation.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          They picked up a shooter last off season in Svi, turns out he sucked. Need someone who is actually reliable and not only a shooter by reputation.
          Lots of guys come here as good 3 pt shooters but suck in Toronto. The last one was the grest white hope. No idea why.

Comment

They picked up a shooter last off season in Svi, turns out he sucked. Need someone who is actually reliable and not only a shooter by reputation.
            I questioned Svi’s reputation as a “shooter” when he was signed. He only had one above average season shooting the 3. He looks the part, though.

Comment

Precious is fine as the starting C. What they need is a reliable backup big and not just a warm body like Birch.

Main issues they need to address:

1. Starting 2 guard
              2. Depth(we need shooting)
              3. Backup big
              Maybe we can get Ingles?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Maybe we can get Ingles?
                he doesn't fit the system he is too slow footed to fit the system defensively.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Birch is a perfectly fine backup big. It's as a starter he's out of his depth. Precious stepping up into the starting C role fixes a whole bunch of stuff.

It's just the shooting depth that is urgently needed, though if Trent is coming off the bench that helps. It will be interesting to see if they try to go the same ball handling, big, rangy look with their early 2nd or go for a shooter (maybe manage the best of both worlds).

if you could upgrade that spot birch should be relegated into a 3rd big or potentially gone in a trade.

why would trent come off the bench in a contract year?

Comment

Looking at the free agents this year, one name that pops out who's not a sexy name but is pretty good is Dante DiVincenzo.
                    interesting name but Harris is still better.

Comment

• Please trade for Cam Johnson.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

i am trying to make you guys understand you fix your perimeter by fixing your center position!!!!! ALL these scheme nurse HAS to use is because the RAPTORS as a team can not protect the paint. THEY have to be PERFECT to defend against ONE MAN.

you can literally extend your defence to the logo with a big man, those corner shots are not as hard to reach with a big man.

you know what we found out this year toronto can play like the jordan bulls scottie and pippen bringing up the ball. barnes pascal

do we need spot up shooters yes is trent a spot up shooter NO!

can precious be your starter on a championship team NO. why not he does not have the brains to anchor a defence!!!!! i don’t care how athletic he is, how many 3 pt he hits.

so what if there are only 4 elite centers in the league u have to guard them to win a championship.

nick nurse is not a GM he is a coach go coach the Fucking team given to you or go to the fucking lakers!!!!!!!!

the trend was inside out then it went outside in. now we back to inside out because human beings are LAZY!!!!! they overextend the trend trying to hold on to their jobs as long as they can.

nirse said i need more wings What!!!!!!! i don’t want to hear anything about the roster after that comment today.

this is basketball not rocket science !!!!!! COMMON SENSE is NOT COMMON
                        Last edited by grindhouse; Tue May 3, 2022, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

i am trying to make you guys understand you fix your perimeter by fixing your center position!!!!! ALL these scheme nurse HAS to use is because the RAPTORS as a team can not protect the paint. THEY have to be PERFECT to defend against ONE MAN.

you can literally extend your defence to the logo with a big man, those corner shots are not as hard to reach with a big man.

you know what we found out this year toronto can play like the jordan bulls scottie and pippen bringing up the ball. barnes pascal

can precious be your starter on a championship team NO. why not he does not have the brains to anchor a defence!!!!! i don’t care how athletic he is, how many 3 pt he hits.

so what if there are only 4 elite centers in the league u have to guard them to win a championship.

nick nurse is not a GM he is a coach go coach the Fucking team given to you or go to the fucking lakers!!!!!!!!

the trend was inside out then it went outside in. now we back to inside out because human beings are LAZY!!!!! they overextend the trend trying to hold on to their jobs as long as they can.

nirse said i need more wings What!!!!!!! i don’t want to hear anything about the roster after that comment today.

My fear is that Nurse sticks with his experiment, constantly looking to look for players that fits his scheme, until his contract expires thus accomplishing nothing.
                          He won a ring with a pair of 7ft centers and a stud wing. That's the proven formula that works, and is more replicable.

Comment

How did that work out for the Jazz?

Comment

How did that work out for the Jazz?
                              do the jazz have perimeter defenders NO do we YES!!!

Comment

do the jazz have perimeter defenders NO do we YES!!!
                                So a C can't fix everything.

Sure it'd be nice to have a 7 footer somewhere on the team, but it shouldn't be a higher priority than needing a shooter or 2 and quality bench pieces.

Comment

Working...
                                X