• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 sex

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

So a C can't fix everything.

Sure it'd be nice to have a 7 footer somewhere on the team, but it shouldn't be a higher priority than needing a shooter or 2 and quality bench pieces.
      you are right a center can’t fix everything but we are not going to win out scoring teams our MO is defence

Comment

• you have to have room for error. getting a shooter is not hard u have to know when to play him. if we can’t brake their offence we will not win. championship.

Comment

• Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            Portis is another interesting name. Milwaukee projects to be in the tax. They cheaped out and let PJ walk last year. You throw the MLE at him you get better and weaken Milwaukee at the same time they would not be able to replace him. Shot 39% from 3 this year. He might even be considered a center which would make someone happy.
            I love Portis, he would be awesome here. He took a pay cut to stay in Milwaukee, I think he’ll want a big pay day after this.

Comment

• What I would love is if one of our Canadian players (most notably SGA) tries to force his way out and push for TO.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                They picked up a shooter last off season in Svi, turns out he sucked. Need someone who is actually reliable and not only a shooter by reputation.
                Matt Thomas before that. Raps value defense more than shooting and both Svi and Thomas were bad on that end.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if you could upgrade that spot birch should be relegated into a 3rd big or potentially gone in a trade.

why would trent come off the bench in a contract year?
                  I suppose because he's not good enough to start over the guys who are actually starting?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

i am trying to make you guys understand you fix your perimeter by fixing your center position!!!!! ALL these scheme nurse HAS to use is because the RAPTORS as a team can not protect the paint. THEY have to be PERFECT to defend against ONE MAN.

you can literally extend your defence to the logo with a big man, those corner shots are not as hard to reach with a big man.

you know what we found out this year toronto can play like the jordan bulls scottie and pippen bringing up the ball. barnes pascal

do we need spot up shooters yes is trent a spot up shooter NO!

can precious be your starter on a championship team NO. why not he does not have the brains to anchor a defence!!!!! i don’t care how athletic he is, how many 3 pt he hits.

so what if there are only 4 elite centers in the league u have to guard them to win a championship.

nick nurse is not a GM he is a coach go coach the Fucking team given to you or go to the fucking lakers!!!!!!!!

the trend was inside out then it went outside in. now we back to inside out because human beings are LAZY!!!!! they overextend the trend trying to hold on to their jobs as long as they can.

nirse said i need more wings What!!!!!!! i don’t want to hear anything about the roster after that comment today.

this is basketball not rocket science !!!!!! COMMON SENSE is NOT COMMON
                    Gary is an excellent spot up shooter. He shot 41% from 3 on over 300 catch and shoot threes this year.

Precious is very young. The plan would be for him to develop his basketball IQ with experience, which is a very common trend with young big men, most of them take years to really figure out defence. With the leap he made from the start of the year to the end, I'm not about to put a ceiling on his ability to develop his game sense over time with more reps. I agree he currently is a little lacking in that area but he's on a rookie scale deal. Scottie is often pretty oblivious defensively too, no one is punting on him, and nor should they.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

My fear is that Nurse sticks with his experiment, constantly looking to look for players that fits his scheme, until his contract expires thus accomplishing nothing.
                      He won a ring with a pair of 7ft centers and a stud wing. That's the proven formula that works, and is more replicable.
                      Yes, having Kawhi Leonard is exceedingly replicable.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• For the record, I love the idea of adding a game changing defensive C like Gobert, if we can do it while keeping most of our core together (Gary I'd be hoping to use in the deal).

But that enthusiasm does not extend to just getting some 7 foot halfway decent guy to stick in there. That's not added value relative to betting on Precious longer term.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          For the record, I love the idea of adding a game changing defensive C like Gobert, if we can do it while keeping most of our core together (Gary I'd be hoping to use in the deal).

But that enthusiasm does not extend to just getting some 7 foot halfway decent guy to stick in there. That's not added value relative to betting on Precious longer term.
                          Gobert's contract is the only thing getting in the way, but if Masai can make it work without giving up too much of the core, it'd be a great addition. Put Gobert beside good perimeter defenders, he will show you why he is a multiple time DPOY.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            For the record, I love the idea of adding a game changing defensive C like Gobert, if we can do it while keeping most of our core together (Gary I'd be hoping to use in the deal).

A core of OG Scottie Pascal Gobert sounds like a dreadful fit man ngl.

After experiencing the level that teams sagged off our shooters this year and the amount of zone we played against, someone like Gobert just makes that worse
                            Last edited by Bonus Jonas; Tue May 3, 2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Truthfully not interested in adding a premier centre at all to this team. Roll with Precious and allow him to truly grow.

I like our schemes and the way we play. Adding additional shooting around the edges would be my primary want as far as the summer goes.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Lots of guys come here as good 3 pt shooters but suck in Toronto. The last one was the grest white hope. No idea why.
                                We always swing and miss on the white guy who shoots good ...Jason kapono...Steve Novak...matt Thomas.. svi..kind of like the endless hairy chested foreign white guys we kept swinging and missing. Except JV and Calderon.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X