Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    So this is what I took away... there will be no plodding centre of the past. They want a big that can play like Precious, Pascal, Scottie. They want a guy that can play at both ends, protect the rim, but still push the ball and have guard skills.

Gobert doesn't fit that mold. There's very few guys that do... I don't think they will have to be a good as Mobley or Anthony Davis... but I think that's what Masai was getting at. I think it's more likely that they draft and develop the guy they want... but we all know those guys are hard to find.

If a shooter can't defend, or have potential to defend, don't expect them them on this roster.
    Yep. They want a mobile big who isn't a slug on offence..... and so does every other team in the league.

The shooting/scoring/firepower issue is going to be the more immediate problem to address. I have no doubt they can find a shooter for a premium but then the question becomes, 'who are you taking off the floor for him?'.

The fixes are going to have to be internal: Precious, Scottie and even Pascal are going to have shoot the ball better; OG and Fred are going to need to stay healthy; and Gary is going to have find more consistency.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yep. They want a mobile big who isn't a slug on offence..... and so does every other team in the league.

The shooting/scoring/firepower issue is going to be the more immediate problem to address. I have no doubt they can find a shooter for a premium but then the question becomes, 'who are you taking off the floor for him?'.

The fixes are going to have to be internal: Precious, Scottie and even Pascal are going to have shoot the ball better; OG and Fred are going to need to stay healthy; and Gary is going to have find more consistency.
      I don't think you need to take anyone off the floor to add a capable nba shooter or 2. I think they're referring to the desire to have a 10 man rotation next season and shave the top guys down to 32 to 36 minutes. They'd like to upgrade slots 8, 9 and 10 with useful pieces to replace the yutas and the svis that brought us nothing this year. That indirectly helps both regular season and playoff raps with more rest/less injury for our big 4.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Trent played 70 games for the Raps this season which has to be up there considering a lot of guys were in and out of the line up. Raps record with Trent was 44-26 and 4-12 without. Like him or not, Trent was a big part a 48 win Raps team this season.
        right but those type of numbers don't paint the full picture.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

right but those type of numbers don't paint the full picture.
          He played in most games (70) as a starter so, played a big role. The team had 44 of their 48 wins with him in and playing a big role for them. What's the full picture?

Comment

He played in most games (70) as a starter so, played a big role. The team had 44 of their 48 wins with him in and playing a big role for them. What's the full picture?
            did he play a role sure... does that mean he is now untouchable, no?

He had a really slid month in January which powered a lot of wins.

Also by that whole record idea... at the beginning of the season people were ready to get rid of Siakam after 10 games.

It doesn't look at on off, defence, etc.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Would you advocate for the Raptors to try to acquire Gobert? If so, what would you be prepared to give up to get him and how do you think he'd fit on offense and defense with the remaining players?
              yes gobert would be a asset to our team. offensively i would use him in side pick and roles cause both scottie and pascal like to take shots in the key.

defensively i would play him exactly like we used marc gasol, keep him in the paint and let our other guys take care of the perimeter.

only 3 players that are a no go when it comes to trade talks are pascal, barnes, and banton.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

yes gobert would be a asset to our team. offensively i would use him in side pick and roles cause both scottie and pascal like to take shots in the key.

defensively i would play him exactly like we used marc gasol, keep him in the paint and let our other guys take care of the perimeter.

only 3 players that are a no go when it comes to trade talks are pascal, barnes, and banton.
                Lmao @ the untouchable Delano banton
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lmao @ the untouchable Delano banton
                  i don’t know what he will be so i don’t think any GM would put him in a trade right now

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                    Given how they managed the team in the past... I just don't think they'll make a splash this summer by trading one of our core players. Matter of fact, I don't think they'll trade any.
                    I'm expecting nothing of substance this summer and doubt I'll be surprised.

Comment

Trent played 70 games for the Raps this season which has to be up there considering a lot of guys were in and out of the line up. Raps record with Trent was 44-26 and 4-12 without. Like him or not, Trent was a big part a 48 win Raps team this season.
                      This is the correct take on Trent.

Is he a top end SG in the league? No.

Is he an above average SG that helps you win games? Yes.

I'd be fine if we delt him for an upgrade, but I'd also be really fine with him being our 6th man to add scoring punch off the bench.

Trent is a great asset. He has a lot of value around the league, is on a reasonable contract, and he just turned 23 and will continue to get better.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This is the correct take on Trent.

Is he a top end SG in the league? No.

Is he an above average SG that helps you win games? Yes.

I'd be fine if we delt him for an upgrade, but I'd also be really fine with him being our 6th man to add scoring punch off the bench.

Trent is a great asset. He has a lot of value around the league, is on a reasonable contract, and he just turned 23 and will continue to get better.
                        He’s a UFA after next season, so not sure how much asset value he really has as a rental.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He’s a UFA after next season, so not sure how much asset value he really has as a rental.
                          If he is traded this summer he's not a rental at all. A rental is a guy you get at the deadline who is expiring and you're unlikely to resign. Trent for a year plus bird rights is not a rental, that's getting a key young piece.

Norm was an expiring deal coming up on UFA and we turned him into Trent. So they clearly have value.

Typically guys with long contracts have less trade value unless the contract is an absolute steal, and in that case they aren't traded.

We got Thad at the deadline and I wouldn't even call him a rental since we intend to bring him back.

Comment

• This team has 2 many 3rd or 4th option in scoring guys..Siakim could be your number 2..maybe..and Barnes is still long ways away of maybe potentially being your number 1 guy.
                            Listen..it happen with Kawli, bc he did not want 2 play for spurs and u have another opportunity 2 get star player from Utah who doesn't want be there. Donovan Mitchell..if his available.
                            U go get him, if he plays on this team, the mind set and raptors culture will make this player even better.
                            This is the player we need.
                            We need a guy who takes the ball 2 basket, free throws and scores 30 points.
                            His only 25..who would rather have.. him..or Gary Trent..lol..Freddy..who should be playing less and playing off the bench.
                            This Team needs a Star player.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              This team has 2 many 3rd or 4th option in scoring guys..Siakim could be your number 2..maybe..and Barnes is still long ways away of maybe potentially being your number 1 guy.
                              Listen..it happen with Kawli, bc he did not want 2 play for spurs and u have another opportunity 2 get star player from Utah who doesn't want be there. Donovan Mitchell..if his available.
                              U go get him, if he plays on this team, the mind set and raptors culture will make this player even better.
                              This is the player we need.
                              We need a guy who takes the ball 2 basket, free throws and scores 30 points.
                              His only 25..who would rather have.. him..or Gary Trent..lol..Freddy..who should be playing less and playing off the bench.
                              This Team needs a Star player.
                              The Raptors must be in on Donovan Mitchell in the offseason

https://raptorsrapture.com/2022/05/0...ell-offseason/

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

The Raptors must be in on Donovan Mitchell in the offseason

https://raptorsrapture.com/2022/05/0...ell-offseason/
                                Doesn't hurt to ask, although I assume it will be a steep price. Maybe the Raptors can get him to buy in and actually put some effort in on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X