• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Toronto Raptors who won’t be back next season after playoff exit

https://raptorsrapture.com/2022/04/2...rch-boucher/4/

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Dame is not who I would target because he has had those abdominal issues for the past few years. Dame is also looking to get paid a supermax. Mitchell is going to cost 35 mill at the end of his deal. Dame will cost 60. Across a similar time period.
      Mitchell would clearly be my fav over Dame (supper max at his age -scares me). Prob a bit better defender and a LOT younger. Some rumours hint at NY as his favoured destination. Would he be happy in To?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

Mitchell would clearly be my fav over Dame (supper max at his age -scares me). Prob a bit better defender and a LOT younger. Some rumours hint at NY as his favoured destination. Would he be happy in To?
        I think NYC is enticing because of the history but that doesn't mean a guy wouldn't be happy in Toronto.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

yes gobert would be a asset to our team. offensively i would use him in side pick and roles cause both scottie and pascal like to take shots in the key.

defensively i would play him exactly like we used marc gasol, keep him in the paint and let our other guys take care of the perimeter.

only 3 players that are a no go when it comes to trade talks are pascal, barnes, and banton.
          It would be a pretty epic head fake by Masai if he did do it. I don't expect him to, but if our front office did it I'd have confidence it's because they have a plan. It is very hard to acquire that calibre of player (so it would be incredible if we saw a fit and were able to buy low on a 3-time DPOY) but I'm not sure about fit myself. It would absolutely make us incredibly long and very difficult to play against... and the length could help with switches when he's beat on the perimeter. My main concern of course would be offense and spreading the floor.

You didn't mention what (specifically) you would give up for him. I think he would cost quite a lot.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Starting 2 guard? Fred. Done. Starting PG can be Barnes.
            This is appearing more and more likely. Demonstrably, we need shooting, and Fred is an excellent shooter. He can also defend his position (and bigger) very well. I do want to see Scottie given more responsibility at PG and I'd like to see Fred off the ball more.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

This is appearing more and more likely. Demonstrably, we need shooting, and Fred is an excellent shooter. He can also defend his position (and bigger) very well. I do want to see Scottie given more responsibility at PG and I'd like to see Fred off the ball more.
              Fred moving off the ball more is inevitable. A Scottie and Pascal 2 man game would be fun.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Turner and Brogdon for Gary, OG and Khem works mathematically.

Would suck to trade OG yet I know Indiana would love him (he went to school there). Can then get that traditional center at the 5.. and move Scottie to the 3. Still play a switchy game. Just lose our best defender. Gain a decent one to replace him though.
                They aren't trading OG for anything short of a superstar.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

You’re basically asking why trades happen at all or why 2 for 1 trades ever make sense
                  Well, usually there is an answer. Like, one team needs a big and the other needs guards. One team is trading a high salary player and the other is trading them two prospects.

What team is trading one great player for two good players when all of them are guards?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hard pass on Mitchell.

He is not the #1 scoring option on a title contending team like people think he is.

Good? Yes. Better than Gary or Fred? Yes.

Good enough to warrant the trade package it’ll cost to get him and gamble on him+whatever pieces are left being good enough to get you over the hump? Absolutely not imo.

Comment

No one would ever score on us again, would be the upside.

That said, Gobert has a lot of gravity in the paint. Vertical floor spacer if you will. You can't help off him in there or it's an easy lob, and with a passer like Scottie that will be tough to defend.
                      I like Gobert a ton. He’s very valuable in the right situation. I just don’t see him being surrounded by Siakam Scottie and OG offensively being that situation.

Defensively we’d be monsters but you have to be able to score at the end of the day

Comment

• Jazz would be crazy to keep Mitchell and ditch Gobert anyways. Only aspect that favours Mitchell is age

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

Well, center is an issue, but much bigger issues (IMO) as you stated is shooting & backup PG.
                          Do we have enough money to plug all 3 holes? Probably not (I suppose a lot depends if Chris and/or Young come back at a more reasonable $$$, thus leaving more money for Shooting -No 1 priority & back up PG). Prior to playoffs I was hoping Brunson could be had for 8-12 mil. Now, forget about it. Frankly I'm really impressed with Precious improvement last 30 plus games esp considering he will bulk up -still a kid.

Comment

Well, usually there is an answer. Like, one team needs a big and the other needs guards. One team is trading a high salary player and the other is trading them two prospects.

What team is trading one great player for two good players when all of them are guards?
                            You can trade a guard for a guard. Two for one is no different

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I'm not a Gobert guy at all. He's a great defensive player, but offensively he's a bit of a liability. Not a shooter. Can't space the floor. Relies hard on pick and roll and switchy defenses can stop that pretty easily. If Boston was using Tatum and Williams as PnR defenders or Miami was using Jimmy/Bam, they could snuff that out easily.

He's also making about 33% of the cap.. that's a lot of money for essentially a role player. A really, really good role player, but still a role player.

Is someone like Javale McGee that much worse than Gobert?

Gobert is younger (30 compared to 34) and a far better defensive player I guess. Ultimately they are rim runners though. And you can get McGee for about the mid-level (he only made $5M this year).

If we're dumping that much money onto a single player they better be good at making buckets. Our biggest weakness was not being able to score. It's why we got trounced by Philly in game 6. Nobody could make a bucket.

Also Danny Ainge runs Utah now. You want to try and get a good deal from him? The one team to watch for is Charlotte. They can move Gordon Hayward's contract. He can go back to Utah. Danny would love that too.

Safe to say Siakam & Barnes would not be part of that or any package. That likely leaves 2 of OG, Trent or Fred to match salaries (possible filler???).
                              As you said any combo out of those 3 -you got roughly 35 points going out (vs maybe 15 in). How do you fix that? I dont see it.
                              If we could swing that deal for Mitchell & ??? -Id be interested.
                              Worse part -Danny A likes to stiff every GM in trade. Not likely with Masai. -No deal. Move on

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                                Hard pass on Mitchell.

He is not the #1 scoring option on a title contending team like people think he is.

Good? Yes. Better than Gary or Fred? Yes.

Good enough to warrant the trade package it’ll cost to get him and gamble on him+whatever pieces are left being good enough to get you over the hump? Absolutely not imo.
                                word. i've been making this same post about dame, lavine, oladipo, brad beal, and every other one dimensional scoring guard the republic has advocated trading for for some time now

Comment

Working...
                                X