No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My gut tells me..that Masai will go hard after Mo Bamba..he might be our no 1 free agent center. Of course, I would love 2 c Golbert, Turner or Ayden..but I'm realist, it probably ain't gonna happen.
    Mo Bamba it is than, I can c him fitting well with this team, Masai always wanted him..I believe his restricted free agent, maybe u can make a trade and get his bird right..sign and trade or sign him 2 mid level..but I think he could command more, hope I'm wrong.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• I was thinking about Mo Bamba last night. He’s starting to get better away from the basket and developing more basketball skills. It would take a trade to get him, I believe he’s a RFA, and we don’t have much to spend, Orlando would match.

I’m not sure what they would want… besides our core there’s not much to offer.

Comment

• I believe the Raptors should add a center and trade Gary Trent Jr.

Three Way Trade

1. Utah Jazz
        2. Miami Heat
        3. Raptors

Toronto trades to Utah
        Siakam + Birch for Gobert + Clarkson

Toronto trades Gary Trent Jr + Watanabe to Miami for Tyler Herro + Duncan Robinson ( conveyed to Utah).

Utah receives Siakam + Birch + Robinson

Miami receives Gary Trent Jr. + Watanabbe ( leaving room to sign Tucker & Victor Oladipo) . Miami prides themselves for not going into the Luxury Tax

Toronto replaces the scoring of Trent and Siakam with Herro + Clarkson off the bench & Upgrades the Defense and Rebounding with Rudy.

Raptors with 12 players stand at $118 Million and many of the extraneous players who are G League players can be dropped by the big league Roster.

Raptors extend Young 2 years $15 Million, 2nd year players option.

Boucher offered 4/$40 Million

Raptors still has the full MLE -4 /$43 for Monk

Flynn and Svi become the teams 11 th and 12th players

FVV, Herro, Scottie , OG , Rudy
        Monk, Clarkson, Boucher, Young , Precious
        Flynn, Svi, Banton, Champagnie, 2nd round pick
        Brooks, Johnson
        $139 Million for the first 15 Players.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          I believe the Raptors should add a center and trade Gary Trent Jr.

Three Way Trade

1. Utah Jazz
          2. Miami Heat
          3. Raptors

Toronto trades to Utah

Toronto trades Gary Trent Jr + Watanabe to Miami for Tyler Herro + Duncan Robinson ( conveyed to Utah).

Miami receives Gary Trent Jr. + Watanabbe ( leaving room to sign Tucker & Victor Oladipo) . Miami prides themselves for not going into the Luxury Tax

Toronto replaces the scoring of Trent and Siakam with Herro + Clarkson off the bench & Upgrades the Defense and Rebounding with Rudy.

Raptors with 12 players stand at $118 Million and many of the extraneous players who are G League players can be dropped by the big league Roster.

Brooks, Johnson
          I like the creativity, but no I will pass. We want to go positionless and continue with that and we like two way players. Herro is not a two way guy. Ruddy is not great on offense at all and giving up siakam for rudy means you lose a huge amount of playmaking and switchability.

The entire defence would have to shift.

Totally ok with trading trent for a center... not ok with essentially siakam and birch for boucher... also if its just trent to Miami.... why on earth would Miami give up Herro for Trent.

Comment

• Well, listening to Masai's press conf yesterday, I don't think Siakam's going anywhere. I don't think any of the core players(Siakam, FVV, OG, Precious, Barnes) are going anywhere.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Jazz would be crazy to keep Mitchell and ditch Gobert anyways. Only aspect that favours Mitchell is age
              From a purely basketball perspective I think you're right, but another consideration could be that Mitchell is considered "Box Office". That could be a consideration for Utah. But also a team like the Knicks possibly willing to over pay for Mitchell, vs. what they could get for Gobert, I guess.
              Last edited by big boi; Wed May 4, 2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I like Gobert a ton. He’s very valuable in the right situation. I just don’t see him being surrounded by Siakam Scottie and OG offensively being that situation.

Defensively we’d be monsters but you have to be able to score at the end of the day
                What about OG is problematic there? He's a shooter. As is FVV.

The trick would be getting one of Scottie or Pascal to be a threat from the perimeter, but both are dangerous enough in the midrange and are active enough off ball that I really don't see a fit issue.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

You can trade a guard for a guard. Two for one is no different
                  OK, so I imagine there are loads of examples you could bring up then.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                    I believe the Raptors should add a center and trade Gary Trent Jr.

Three Way Trade

1. Utah Jazz
                    2. Miami Heat
                    3. Raptors

Toronto trades to Utah

Brooks, Johnson
                    HARD pass.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

word. i've been making this same post about dame, lavine, oladipo, brad beal, and every other one dimensional scoring guard the republic has advocated trading for for some time now
                      Agree on all of those.

Dame would’ve been nice if not for his age and contract.

Dipo is interesting now if he’s available for cheap.

Miss me completely with Beal/Lavine/Mitchell

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

What about OG is problematic there? He's a shooter. As is FVV.

The trick would be getting one of Scottie or Pascal to be a threat from the perimeter, but both are dangerous enough in the midrange and are active enough off ball that I really don't see a fit issue.
                        OG really wouldn’t be much of an issue shooting wise. But a front 3 of Siakam Barnes Gobert is just begging for teams to run zone for 48 minutes.

We just struggled heavily against that with Boucher or Precious in place of Gobert, let alone a guy that is 0 threat to shoot outside the paint.

Comment

• I don’t think personnel changes are imperative to improve the defence. Could it help? Yes. Is it necessary? I don’t think so.

Improvement from Scottie, Precious and possibly Gary should help a ton on that side along with players just playing together more often and really getting comfortable.

Offensively is where we have issues in my opinion and it stems from the amount of non shooters

Comment

• Gary Harris would be interesting for the MLE. You’d have to hope he could keep up defensively, but shooting wise he’s an absolute sniper from the corners and pretty good everywhere else.

You’d assume he could be had for MLE price seeing as Orlando also has to worry about Bamba and they already have Suggs, Anthony, Fultz, T Ross on payroll.

He would add nearly nothing as far as ball handling or playmaking though which is also something we need, but I don’t think it’ll be possible to fill all 3 of shooting/playmaking/defence with just the MLE.

Comment

OG really wouldn’t be much of an issue shooting wise. But a front 3 of Siakam Barnes Gobert is just begging for teams to run zone for 48 minutes.

We just struggled heavily against that with Boucher or Precious in place of Gobert, let alone a guy that is 0 threat to shoot outside the paint.
                              Yeah but part of that is Boucher and Precious both don't spread the floor AND aren't really dominant rim pressure guys. You can crush a zone with a dominant rim presence too because zones can die from offensive rebounding as well as shooting.

Worth noting we didn't have a functional Fred and Gary was an absolute zero in the first two games, which exacerbated the zone issues.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah but part of that is Boucher and Precious both don't spread the floor AND aren't really dominant rim pressure guys. You can crush a zone with a dominant rim presence too because zones can die from offensive rebounding as well as shooting.

Worth noting we didn't have a functional Fred and Gary was an absolute zero in the first two games, which exacerbated the zone issues.
                                True. Maybe it could work, I just have no interest in taking that big a risk knowing there’s a real chance it doesn’t work and you’re stuck with a 30 year old Gobert making an insane amount of money.

Probably moot anyways as I don’t think we’d be willing to part with the pieces it would take to get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X