Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I'd be using Pascal or Scottie in that role, with Gobert in the dunker spot. Hard to zone up if you are stuck under the rim to prevent an easy dump off pass. Bring cutters and the rim defender has to make a choice, if the defence completely collapses you get an open shot for Fred/OG or the guy in the middle can attack the sagging D.
    I think you may just like old school centers

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think you may just like old school centers
      Just the good ones.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We already have spacing problems gobert would make that worse.. gobert is paid way too much... the defence would get better but we were basically a top 5 defence since January. Why are we bringing Gobert in just to guard Embiid..?

Realistically gobert shoots 14.3% on catch and shoots. Pull ups, 16.7% only effective in less than 10 feet where yes he shoots 72% but that is it.
        Any time he takes 1 dribble his efficiency drops significantly and that is per the numbers. Routinely brings the ball down which is something they teach you in middle school if you are a tall kid. He gets rebounds then routinely gets the ball stripped .... Has a really high turn overrate for someone who basically never handles the ball. Joel handles the ball twice as much actually more than twice as much as him and yet has less than twice the amount of turnovers.

I don't get how he fits. You realistically then change your scheme to drop coverage ... he has some footspeed to keep up and yes he improves your defence overall from a rim protection standpoint. NO question about that. But the offence is so bad that I don't know if he fits OUR system. He realistically solves one issue which is rim protection, but to get him you make a bigger hole.

Comment

Just the good ones.
          If we are talking about poeltl then LETS GO... but Rudy has too many offensive inefficiencies and we have to be honest about that.

Comment

• There’s no doubt Gobert is good,, but for the money he gets paid, you can get one hell of an offensive talent. Not that we could get him, but to put it perspective AD makes just a bit more than him.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              There’s no doubt Gobert is good,, but for the money he gets paid, you can get one hell of an offensive talent. Not that we could get him, but to put it perspective AD makes just a bit more than him.
              yeah and for that money i'd rather have AD because he is way more versatile.

Comment

• Uhh, yes, I too would prefer a team just hand us a superstar but maybe that's an unrealistic expectation?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gobert, AD, what are we even talking about LOL?

Guys, I think the pressers by Masaii and Nurse over the last couple days have made it clear that the Raps aren't looking to get involved in any big trades this summer. This off season is going to be all about internal growth which sounds boring, but with a young team like ours we should expect big improvements.

Just having Siakam playing the way he did the second half of the season and playoffs for a full season is going to be huge. Add to that Scottie, Trent and Precious working on their games, a healthy OG...hopefully settling into a role, and Fred moving off ball more. Lots of things to look forward to and it's another season together understanding the defense.

If any of the bench guys step up and are playable next season, that too will be huge for this team. Always possible they find a playable guy with the SRP or an undrafted prospect.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Gobert, AD, what are we even talking about LOL?

Guys, I think the pressers by Masaii and Nurse over the last couple days have made it clear that the Raps aren't looking to get involved in any big trades this summer. This off season is going to be all about internal growth which sounds boring, but with a young team like ours we should expect big improvements.

Just having Siakam playing the way he did the second half of the season and playoffs for a full season is going to be huge. Add to that Scottie, Trent and Precious working on their games, a healthy OG...hopefully settling into a role, and Fred moving off ball more. Lots of things to look forward to and it's another season together understanding the defense.

If any of the bench guys step up and are playable next season, that too will be huge for this team. Always possible they find a playable guy with the SRP or an undrafted prospect.
                    I agree and disagree. Yes, I don't think Masai will be actively seeking to move a core piece.

Do I think that means Masai would not explore options if a big name piece hits the market? Absolutely not. But the price would need to be right.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I agree and disagree. Yes, I don't think Masai will be actively seeking to move a core piece.

Do I think that means Masai would not explore options if a big name piece hits the market? Absolutely not. But the price would need to be right.
                      Yes, if all things lined up well and the right star who fit our system hit the market, I'm sure Masai would explore. I just don't think he's going to be actively looking for a trade.

Comment

• Ok, so Siakam stays. Besides a large player for Center, Poetl, Olynk, or Steve Adams.

How about a trade for Trent Jr + Birch + Flynn for Adams and Brooks , increases of the Raptors Team Salary for 2022 to $117.2 Million

Than Raptors look for a PG- FA , Malik Monk- 4/$43 Million. Boucher -3 /$30 Million and Thad Young 2/$15 Million for 2 year extensions.

FVV, Barnes, OG, Siakam , Adams
                        Monk, Dillon Brooks. Boucher Young, Precious This totals $135 Million
                        A. Brooks. Banton, Champagnie, Svi, 2nd round pick
                        Team projected salary $142 Million.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                          Ok, so Siakam stays. Besides a large player for Center, Poetl, Olynk, or Steve Adams.

How about a trade for Trent Jr + Birch + Flynn for Adams and Brooks , increases of the Raptors Team Salary for 2022 to $117.2 Million

Than Raptors look for a PG- FA , Malik Monk- 4/$43 Million. Boucher -3 /$30 Million and Thad Young 2/$15 Million for 2 year extensions.

FVV, Barnes, OG, Siakam , Adams
                          Monk, Dillon Brooks. Boucher Young, Precious This totals $135 Million
                          A. Brooks. Banton, Champagnie, Svi, 2nd round pick
                          Team projected salary $142 Million.
                          If you really want poeltl you may have to wait til the following year ....

Adams does not fit our system. That is just getting a guy for the sake of getting a guy and it doesn't make you much better. Malik Monk has not shown enough to warrant 10 mill a year or more. Thad I would give less but I would re sign him. 10 mill across 2 years with a player option on a third year.

Theo only reason I like the trade you proposed is because you get brooks and I think brooks... does fall into the same trap that Trent does offensively but worse in terms of shooting percentage, he is better defensively.

Olynk doesn't fit our system defensively either and would be worse. Adams at least could play the birch role and likely do a better job. Poeltl is the guy you want if you want someone with ... "lower offensive upside" because he can actually score offensively at a decent clip but defensively he is a borderline all defense guy.

Comment

• just get gobert and be done with it.
                            pascal, barnes, gobert and get 2 shooters to space the floor whether on the roster or in trade.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              just get gobert and be done with it.
                              pascal, barnes, gobert and get 2 shooters to space the floor whether on the roster or in trade.
                              That contract of Rudy's is just too much. How about a trade for a prospect like Queta? You wanted him last year at the draft if I remember correctly.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Gobert, AD, what are we even talking about LOL?

Yeah, it seems a bit out there. I'm just wondering if maybe, possibly they'd look at somebody like a Gary Harris.

It feels as though management likes the top 6 guys, so you add in a Thad and/or a Boucher and Nurse's 8-man rotation (and he ain't playing any more than that despite the talk about 11 or 12 guys) is pretty full. Maybe Banton is ready? Maybe Champagnie? Desperately need some scoring added to that mix but I get the sense that the team is otherwise kind of set for next season.

Thing is, you can say that you need 11 or 12 guys or whatever but free agents ain't signing to be 11th or 12th men and maybe play when guys get hurt unless they have no other options. Having a shooter that only play when OG gets hurt, for example, isn't really going to work in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X