Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post
    For all the talk of trades, I’d personally be happy with an off-season addition of a Tyus Jones and Robin Lopez on exception deals. That would solve a couple of issues for next year without hamstringing the development of the core guys.
    I will look into Tyus Johns. I do not think Robin Lopez is going to fit within what we want to do.

Comment

• RoLo would fit fine. He’d only play spot minutes most nights and a bit more against the bigger Cs. Doesn’t have to do anything but pass, defend and rebound. He’s smart. Mentor Precious. (Very) Poor man’s Gasol. For $5M what do you want.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
        I will be nice. Flynn has shown a FEW flashes here and there but nothing consistent. He may not be a bust but I do not think he fits this team and I don't think he is the type of player you want to spend too much time trying to fit around particularly on this team. I think there is a CHANCE he figures it out on another team but not with our system. He is decent in half court in terms of his reads on offence. He struggles to make fast read and react plays. He came in as a defensive guard with shooting upside. He was supposed to be one of the best pick and roll guys with college at the time. He is a bit undersized.

Could Nurse have played him more? Sure, but the flashes he showed in summer league didn't even translate into preseason. Preseason is your chance to show out. Preseason isn't really even truly the most representative of the season or playoffs because the defensive intensity is just not the same. He had what.... 10-16 games this year where he was solid and showed some real flash. Beyond that I don't think he has really ... "killed it". During the season he wasn't given the most amount of minutes but when he was given minutes he wasn't consistently producing. He should have been on the G-league the entire year basically gaining reps like Banton. Banton, has some short comings but is younger, bigger, faster, and reads the game in a way that the raptors want.

There is a minority of fans who still want to believe in Flynn but realistically on this team his days are numbered. He just doesn't fit. I think in another situation he may fit. You feel a little bad because yes he played behind Kyle and Fred, sure but this year he only played behind Fred. Keep in mind they basically benched Dragic after ... 2-4 games. Flynn just doesn't fit on the raptors. He isn't fast enough. He isn't skilled enough to produce in this system. Calling him bust is harsh, I personally won't but I just do not think he fits on this team and is at BEST going to end up as a 6th man based on what we have seen thus far. I would use him as salary filler in a trade to grab someone better than what we have and sell him as a prospect who just needs a change of scenery or if you are lucky use him to gain another mid to late second rounder in this draft.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...flynnma01.html
        So what do you think Masai saw in him to make Flynn our first round pick if he doesn't fit?

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post
          RoLo would fit fine. He’d only play spot minutes most nights and a bit more against the bigger Cs. Doesn’t have to do anything but pass, defend and rebound. He’s smart. Mentor Precious. (Very) Poor man’s Gasol. For $5M what do you want.
          I'd rather go after McGee if the plan is to bring in a vet big for the bench. RoLo looks super washed. McGee is helping Phoenix win a ring.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd rather go after McGee if the plan is to bring in a vet big for the bench. RoLo looks super washed. McGee is helping Phoenix win a ring.
            Won’t be easy to land

Comment

• Bobby Portis would be my #1 target for a big. 27, 6’10.5, 7’2” wingspan (NBA Combine measurements). He’s gritty. Can shoot the 3… he’s probably getting higher than 10M though. and the whole breaking a teammates jaw isn’t good.

Delon Wright would be a good fit. Has the length we desire for a guard, is an adequate shooter. Would fit in the locker room… and I think we can afford him

Comment

• Delon makes sense if we want another lengthy guy that can defend. He hits his open shots and can ball handle obviously. Would probably be available for the MLE you’d assume.

Bobby took a discount to stay in Milwaukee, I’d assume they’ll pay him this summer

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Won’t be easy to land
                  MCgee could actually work

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Delon makes sense if we want another lengthy guy that can defend. He hits his open shots and can ball handle obviously. Would probably be available for the MLE you’d assume.

Bobby took a discount to stay in Milwaukee, I’d assume they’ll pay him this summer
                    Delon would be fun but we already have delano. I think you just really have to chase a guy like Harris or if you want ... Dipo. Especially leaving the roster largely as it is.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So what do you think Masai saw in him to make Flynn our first round pick if he doesn't fit?
                      He looked like a bigger Fred. He isn't. Win some lose some.

Comment

• Interesting article on Jaren Jackson Junior. Not saying we can get him. I think we should target players who we can make into this:

https://www.theringer.com/2022/5/3/2...phis-grizzlies

Comment

• Covington signed a 2 year 24M extension... too bad

Comment

• FVV, Trent Jr, OG, Barnes, Siakam Precious are the Core Six
                            Bringing back Thaddeus Young 2/$15 Million seems to be a ballpark. Brings the core to 7.

Boucher can play and be the 8th member of the core. 4/$43 Million . The 2022 /2023 tram salary for the above Core is $115 Million.

the rest of the team are 2nd Tier players not fit to play more than 10 minutes a game base on the 2021 version of play.

so what can the Raptors achieve from the motley crew above who some seem to be fascinated

Trade BIrch + Flynn + Banton for one of Alex Burks, Jordan Clarkson or a Dillon Brooks ( probably cost the Raptors an additional pick.).

Than sign Tyus Jones , Delon Wright or do a trade for Coby White. There is a foundation for the team-10 players.

The Brooks, Champagnie ,Svi, Johnson, plus the 2nd round for this draft , let’s be honest are extraneous at best.

if the 2nd round pick is Trevor Keel , than there is the 4 minute player in the NBA , splitting his time at the G League.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I don't know what did he see in bruno.. things don't always work out.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                                FVV, Trent Jr, OG, Barnes, Siakam Precious are the Core Six
                                Bringing back Thaddeus Young 2/$15 Million seems to be a ballpark. Brings the core to 7.

Boucher can play and be the 8th member of the core. 4/$43 Million . The 2022 /2023 tram salary for the above Core is $115 Million.

the rest of the team are 2nd Tier players not fit to play more than 10 minutes a game base on the 2021 version of play.

so what can the Raptors achieve from the motley crew above who some seem to be fascinated

Trade BIrch + Flynn + Banton for one of Alex Burks, Jordan Clarkson or a Dillon Brooks ( probably cost the Raptors an additional pick.).

Than sign Tyus Jones , Delon Wright or do a trade for Coby White. There is a foundation for the team-10 players.

The Brooks, Champagnie ,Svi, Johnson, plus the 2nd round for this draft , let’s be honest are extraneous at best.

if the 2nd round pick is Trevor Keel , than there is the 4 minute player in the NBA , splitting his time at the G League.

if you could some how turn birch and flynn and a pick into dillon brooks wow...

Trent isn't part of the core. I would try and snag coby white ...

Bamba isn't someone I would chase.

Comment

Working...
                                X