No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So lets move the conversation along a bit. I think it was DanH that talked about Boucher as a s&t candidate what kind of return would you see or what kind of move? Would it be a bigger move to get a really awesome guy like a Mitchell or a what ever in or is it to get future assets like a pick or something.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      So lets move the conversation along a bit. I think it was DanH that talked about Boucher as a s&t candidate what kind of return would you see or what kind of move? Would it be a bigger move to get a really awesome guy like a Mitchell or a what ever in or is it to get future assets like a pick or something.
      I would expect if there is a sign and trade with Boucher or Thad, it's exactly that scenario, a trade for a bigger name player where one of our core (say, Trent) goes out at the same time for an upgrade. I would be surprised if there was much market for value traded for a guy like Boucher on a sign and trade by himself.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I would expect if there is a sign and trade with Boucher or Thad, it's exactly that scenario, a trade for a bigger name player where one of our core (say, Trent) goes out at the same time for an upgrade. I would be surprised if there was much market for value traded for a guy like Boucher on a sign and trade by himself.
        Can S&Ts be combined with other outgoing player salaries in say, a 2 for 1 upgrade trade? I thought there was some limitations on that.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I agree with the last part. Do you have any potential names in mind that you think are reasonable?

Comment

• My question why is it important to keep FVV ahead of Trent Jr.
            if you can receive Jamal Murray for FVV + Boucher , no one has said No way to this trade with an explanation
            Even expand the trade to Denver
            FVV + Boucher+ Birch for Murray + Jeff Green
            Last edited by Heatdreamer; Wed May 11, 2022, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• I'd be ready to move on from FVV in the right deal. No rational explanation, I'm just not on the run it all out there again train.

Comment

• I think it's very unlikely that Fred would be the one going out in any trade, the way Masai and Nick talked about him in the final pressers, it's hard to imagine they move off of him.... unless it was a deal you could not refuse.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                  My question why is it important to keep FVV ahead of Trent Jr.
                  if you can receive Jamal Murray for FVV + Boucher , no one has said No way to this trade with an explanation
                  Even expand the trade to Denver
                  FVV + Boucher+ Birch for Murray + Jeff Green
                  I mean you kind of asked two questions here.

First about why is it important to keep FVV ahead of Trent? Trent is not a two way player AND his offense is not consistent, it is streaky and his decision making on that end is not the best. Some will argue that YES Trent could develop blah blah blah. I don't know if he will be able to develop a faster burst to beable to get to the rim more easily than he does. Or if he will stop dribbling into two-three guys on the offensive end. I also don't know if he will have a better defensive year than he did. He improved on defence but I think we are seeing peak level trent defensively. I don't think he has "another level" defensively. He may have another level offensive but it would require better decision making and that side of the ball to DRAMATICALLY improve. That is a mind set change which is difficult. I suppose Fred you could say the same but Fred is just a more complete player overall. I think even those who do not like Fred (include me in that line up) would admit as much.

I also think realistically Trent works best on the bench and Fred works best as a secondary guy on offence and a tertiary offensive creator. If you look up his catch and shoot numbers ... they are elite ... like Booker level elite.. but those make up a smaller proportion of his offense than you would want.

If you want me to fully explain my issue with Fred watch the video below:

I time stamped it to the right point watch that last play unfold... He got stymied and then continued to try to force the issue instead of resetting and letting someone else.. others had better options. He took way too long to get out of the corner and reset the play... then when he had a good pick and roll opportunity with ibaka he didn't make the short roll pass and also missed another opportunity to pass (ibaka was the roll man). The issue wasn't the initial test but the continued attempt to probe and failing to recognize what to do.

This was two years ago. Look players have issues and you give them a chance to improve but he hasn't really shown an improvement on that side. He has shown improvement in other areas of his game but as a point guard.. this isn't it. It slows down the offence and leads to bad shot taking, and leads to stagnation of the offence. He just doesn't have the physical attributes to try to iso against Grant Williams... Who was a rookie at the time BTW. To be fair Ibaka didn't set the best screen and kind of slipped it which he was prone to do but still. I have to go back to that game to double check but I believe Norm was hot.. NORM actually funny enough has the mismatch because he has kemba on him.

I am not against a Fred trade its just that I think more teams are interested in the younger guy ... I would LOVE a Fred trade as a possibility. Murray coming back would be interesting I think he is young enough that he will recover from the ACL .

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I think it's very unlikely that Fred would be the one going out in any trade, the way Masai and Nick talked about him in the final pressers, it's hard to imagine they move off of him.... unless it was a deal you could not refuse.
                    I think GTJ is gone but they explore Fred's market

Comment

I think it's very unlikely that Fred would be the one going out in any trade, the way Masai and Nick talked about him in the final pressers, it's hard to imagine they move off of him.... unless it was a deal you could not refuse.
                      FVV doesn't have a crazy high trade value I don't think. Like nobody would want to build around him or bring him in as the final piece to a contending team. So realistically what sort of offer are you getting for him that you couldn't refuse? He's probably more valuable to us as a player than a trade chip.

Comment

if we go after a big salary fred is the odd man out

Comment

• here is what we know …
                          barnes, banton are the only players off the market for sure. everyone else for the right price can be had.

i personally like pascals direction. fred is a leader and no matter what is a asset on any team.

Og is also a asset on any team and his money value is perfect.

trent being in trade rumours with the lakers adds value.

bouche is has value

what do we need a mobile shot blocking center and a SG that doesn’t hurt our defence.

when it come to center their is not a perfect fit and SG it’s hard to fit a pure shooter that plays defence. so where can u sacrifice? you can get a SG that is not a great defender but he has to be tall and you need a center.

you can go with a undersized center but he has to be extremely strong and a very good shot blocker and your SG has to be a good defender.

fred if we keep him may have to come off the bench at some point i would rather get value for him and resign thad young as a leader till scottie is ready.

point guard is not a huge issue we unlocked the scottie pascal thing.

Comment

• If Jamal Murray for Trent Jr + S &T of Boucher is No go.

Would Trent Jr + S & T of Boucher for RJ Barrett + Alec Burks + Nerlen Noel be more acceptable.

Just want to make sure Canadian content is maintained

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                              If Jamal Murray for Trent Jr + S &T of Boucher is No go.

Would Trent Jr + S & T of Boucher for RJ Barrett + Alec Burks + Nerlen Noel be more acceptable.

Just want to make sure Canadian content is maintained
                              knicks aren't giving up rj for that...

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

if we go after a big salary fred is the odd man out
                                depends on the big

Comment

Working...
                                X