Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
    I thought I wanted Ayton... I don't want him anymore...

Anyone think the Suns might be trading Bridges or Johnson though?
    Cam Johnson would be the cheaper option. I doubt Suns trade Bridges who was a DPOY candidate.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      I thought I wanted Ayton... I don't want him anymore...

Anyone think the Suns might be trading Bridges or Johnson though?
      damn you are out on him like that!?

Cam Johnson may be obtained because I do think the suns will decide between those two in the next year. Johnson is likely the man out.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

would you trade og and trent for Ayton?
        For Ayton straight up? No. We're giving up way too much shooting.

It would have to be a bigger trade, something like: OG, GTJ & Birch for Ayton, Cam Johnson & Shamet.

Comment

• Can't imagine Raps trading one of their starters in the off season. Decision will have to be made eventually on whether Trent remains a starter or Precious becomes one and the trickle down affect bumps Trent out. Maybe a slight chance that the trickle down affect bumps OG but that certainly isn't likely.

I'd imagine they start next season the same way they ended this season when everyone was healthy and see who has made what changes to their game in the off season.

Comment

would you trade og and trent for Ayton?
            I'd trade OG and filler for Ayton, so Thad or Boucher or Birch. Not OG and Trent.

Ayton has to be available in sign and trade. They only played him 17 minutes in the deciding game. They're going to pay him a max deal? I doubt it.

I don't know that Masai would want Ayton though, he doesn't shoot 3s, doesn't distribute the ball, he's a classic C and doesn't fit the positionless basketball we're playing. So most likely we're not the ones who end up trading for Ayton.

Comment

• I don't like Ayton either.
              Go for Mo Bamba.
              Get a shooter or draft one.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'd trade OG and filler for Ayton, so Thad or Boucher or Birch. Not OG and Trent.

Ayton has to be available in sign and trade. They only played him 17 minutes in the deciding game. They're going to pay him a max deal? I doubt it.

I don't know that Masai would want Ayton though, he doesn't shoot 3s, doesn't distribute the ball, he's a classic C and doesn't fit the positionless basketball we're playing. So most likely we're not the ones who end up trading for Ayton.
                Unless Ayton is going to start firing up threes and going iso on the wings, he ain't coming to Toronto. He's a good player but he doesn't at all fit the philosophy. And there's no way they are maxing him out, which is what it would take (cause some team will pay him the max).

Comment

Ayton had a few games from 3 during the playoffs so I am not sure if that is someothign that translates or not. I brought up ayton because of all teh "Traditional centers" he is the one single individual who would make it work on this team. His oot speped works but I agree . I figured I'd toss it out.

I also agree with Slaw and mentioned this before. To get him you gotta pay the max. I don't think he needs to necessarily go ISO on the wings and I do think he is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better option than trading for Gobert. The question is what do you give up in a sign and trade deal.

My mind is not made up on Ayton yet but I can see the benefits of getting him.

Comment

Ayton had a few games from 3 during the playoffs so I am not sure if that is someothign that translates or not. I brought up ayton because of all teh "Traditional centers" he is the one single individual who would make it work on this team. His oot speped works but I agree . I figured I'd toss it out.

I also agree with Slaw and mentioned this before. To get him you gotta pay the max. I don't think he needs to necessarily go ISO on the wings and I do think he is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better option than trading for Gobert. The question is what do you give up in a sign and trade deal.

My mind is not made up on Ayton yet but I can see the benefits of getting him.
                    It's Ayton first deal so his max is a ton less than Hardens max. Something to keep in mind when we say we don't wanna pay him the max. Ayton on a max deal is still going to be OK value with the cap going up. Ayton would be just above $30M per year. For a 23 year old elite Center that's not bad, and he's cheaper than Gobert.

Comment

Interesting that you would trade OG for Ayton and give him a 25% max (so about $30M a year) but the thought of trading him for Turner was a terrible move. Ayton will be 24 in July. Turner turned 26 in March. Plus Turner would cost less than the max to resign as he's not a max player now.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Interesting that you would trade OG for Ayton and give him a 25% max (so about $30M a year) but the thought of trading him for Turner was a terrible move. Ayton will be 24 in July. Turner turned 26 in March. Plus Turner would cost less than the max to resign as he's not a max player now.
                        I think Ayton is a lot better than Turner. There's a reason no one talks about max deals for Turner. So OG for Ayton seems fair value, OG for Turner does not.

I'm down to trade Trent for Turner. I like Turner, he's just not worth OG.

Comment

I think Ayton is a lot better than Turner. There's a reason no one talks about max deals for Turner. So OG for Ayton seems fair value, OG for Turner does not.

I'm down to trade Trent for Turner. I like Turner, he's just not worth OG.
                          I don't really want either.. but Turner is better than Ayton. Turner can stretch the floor. Protect the rim as well as Ayton can. He's just injury prone. But so is OG. So that's a wash I guess.

Ayton is only going to get a max because he's a former #1 pick.. in the same class as Luka and Trae and was on a contending team. I don't think he's worth 25% of the cap. He's worth as much as Turner is.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't really want either.. but Turner is better than Ayton. Turner can stretch the floor. Protect the rim as well as Ayton can. He's just injury prone. But so is OG. So that's a wash I guess.

Ayton is only going to get a max because he's a former #1 pick.. in the same class as Luka and Trae and was on a contending team. I don't think he's worth 25% of the cap. He's worth as much as Turner is.
                            Turner is better value, that I agree with. His play style also fits ours better. I'm very interested in getting Turner, just not in exchange for OG.

Comment

the issue is you can scheme this out. Backdoor cuts usually happen differently than this not as easy when you don't have to cover one of those guys because ou can play drop coverage against him. also anytime he is even moderately defended it is bad. Since January our defence was top 5. Gasol was much more... mobile and offered passing on the otherside that was elite elite elite. look if he could just pass or shoot or dribble ONE of those 3 skills i'd be more open to it.

Harden killed us because we double teamed him early on in the series and it opened up his passing until the 3rd game. in game 6 he killed us because he targeted trent as a defender every single damn time town the floor.. when we stopped putting fredrico or trent and we put og, scottie or pascal harden had trouble with his shot. we also had a chance to rely on our one to one defence to longer before sending help off the corners.
                              gsw or larry brown piston team is good watch for back door cuts. center sets screen on weak side corner cuts under or over to get a shot on the strong side.

you said it yourself it can be schemed out that’s enough for me.

and last harden wasn’t double team they switch and bracketed embid watch again that’s how trent ended up on harden. and we were 15th in defence in the playoffs still above the 100 mark

Comment

Turner is better value, that I agree with. His play style also fits ours better. I'm very interested in getting Turner, just not in exchange for OG.
                                YES yes and yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X