Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

YES yes and yes.
    if your putting trent and og for ayton it makes no sense your not making the same trade for turner

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

if your putting trent and og for ayton it makes no sense your not making the same trade for turner
      Perception matters. Ayton has a perceived higher value because of his age. I would argue that He could be better than Turner. Turner will not cost a max contract.

I would trade for turner. I would be hesitant to give up OG though. I would rather give up Trent, and give up an unprotected future first and flynn. That gets you pretty close to his value.

But that is fair to point out.

Comment

its crazy though..... the transition happened so fast.

Yeah it happened when silver said "with the 4th pick, the Raptors select scottie barnes"
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Perception matters. Ayton has a perceived higher value because of his age. I would argue that He could be better than Turner. Turner will not cost a max contract.

I would trade for turner. I would be hesitant to give up OG though. I would rather give up Trent, and give up an unprotected future first and flynn. That gets you pretty close to his value.

But that is fair to point out.
          don’t worry about money let our gm do their job just get the right player in the building

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

don’t worry about money let our gm do their job just get the right player in the building
            right.... but here is the thing.. while I agree with you that money doesn't matter.. that is to a point.. at some point yes money does matter.

Again I think Turner is an upgrade. Is it a move that makes us top 2 in the NBA or automatic contenders? no. I think that it pushes us forward though.

I think its a safe bet as a center.

Comment

• https://theathletic.com/3313324/2022...malachi-flynn/

Koreen suggested some trades for Flynn which are all pretty reasonable.
              Here are a few that he suggested:

Killian Hayes, guard, Detroit
              Draft: Seventh overall, 2020
              Contract: Two years, $13.25 million remaining (team option for 2023-24)
              Stats: 92 games, 6.8 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, 37.4 FG%, 8.2 PER
              Potential trade: Hayes for Flynn, Svi Mykhailiuk and protected first-round pick

Nickeil Alexander-Walker, guard, Utah
              Draft: 17th overall, 2019
              Contract: One year, $5.01 million remaining
              Stats: 158 games, 9.3 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 38.7 FG%, 10.9 PER
              Potential trade: Alexander-Walker for Flynn, Mykhailiuk and a 2023 second-round pick

Comment

https://theathletic.com/3313324/2022...malachi-flynn/

Koreen suggested some trades for Flynn which are all pretty reasonable.
                Here are a few that he suggested:

Killian Hayes, guard, Detroit
                Draft: Seventh overall, 2020
                Contract: Two years, $13.25 million remaining (team option for 2023-24)
                Stats: 92 games, 6.8 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, 37.4 FG%, 8.2 PER
                Potential trade: Hayes for Flynn, Svi Mykhailiuk and protected first-round pick

Nickeil Alexander-Walker, guard, Utah
                Draft: 17th overall, 2019
                Contract: One year, $5.01 million remaining
                Stats: 158 games, 9.3 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 38.7 FG%, 10.9 PER
                Potential trade: Alexander-Walker for Flynn, Mykhailiuk and a 2023 second-round pick
                "6.8 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, 37.4 FG%, 8.2 PER"

Are people so low on Flynn that, given regular minutes, he could produce this line without throwing out Svi and a first round pick???

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Are people so low on Flynn that, given regular minutes, he could produce this line without throwing out Svi and a first round pick???
                  The pick is the bigger deal than Svi. Depends what the Raptors are looking for. Hayes is 4 years younger than Flynn even though both have played the same amount of seasons.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I am personally much more interested in NAW.

Comment

• This team cant shoot - no deals for some 37% shooter. We need a guy that does that from 3

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                        This team cant shoot - no deals for some 37% shooter. We need a guy that does that from 3
                        gary harris

Comment

• I would be shocked if ayton doesn't get chased by the raptors. not sure how they would do it.. but if phoenix doesn't want to lose ayton for nothing ...

Comment

• https://theathletic.com/3314194/2022...cks-spaceball/

Good article

Comment

• I am just finishing it right now as I said before I am undecided on ayton. This is a really good article and making me rethink things back to my original thing. I do think there are some centers that are underrated but foot speed is going to be key.

Comment

• OT: Rondo in a domestic violence gun incident. smh.
                                He gone ......

Comment

Working...
                                X