Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    I would be shocked if ayton doesn't get chased by the raptors. not sure how they would do it.. but if phoenix doesn't want to lose ayton for nothing ...
    Sign & trade: Trent + Birch + Svi or Flynn would be pretty close to matching Ayton’s expected year 1 salary.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sign & trade: Trent + Birch + Svi or Flynn would be pretty close to matching Ayton’s expected year 1 salary.
      None of those guys can guard Luka. They'll want Pascal and settle for OG if the Raptors were interested at all which I don't think they will be. Not saying they won't be interested in Ayton because he's not a good player, but not interested because the cost of Ayton will require them to downgrade the talent level around him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

None of those guys can guard Luka. They'll want Pascal and settle for OG if the Raptors were interested at all which I don't think they will be. Not saying they won't be interested in Ayton because he's not a good player, but not interested because the cost of Ayton will require them to downgrade the talent level around him.
        I mean Ayton does not need to work with the Suns and has said he will not. I agree with you though. I do think the cost of Ayton is a BIT too high and also it shifts you away from positionless basketball unless the raptors are certain they can evolve aytons game. I think he is close. I think he could be but after a night of thinking I think I am good if we don't. Again I wouldn't be absolutely MAD if they got him but I think there are better moves. It is close to a lateral move and doesn't move you forward. I think we are CLOSE to what we want in a team overall.

Free agents I suggested this a long time ago a few times but it was brought up today. Thomas Bryant solves a lot of problems potentially. He is injury prone but yeah. Solid solid guy. He could be had. I don't think it will cost you the whole MLE. I don't know what it will cost though but yeah.

Comment

• I'd still be interested in signing a guy like Rubio in the off season if he's fully recovered from injury. He's a good stop gap while they bring along the next crop of guard prospects. Rubio can definitely run a team and is a good defender. Would allow Freddy to get some rest without too much of a drop off.

Indiana, Rubio's current team will be interesting to watch in the off season. They have Brogdon, Haliburton, Heild and Duarte at as well as bunch of young prospects at the guard spots. They'll also be picking at a point in the draft where the top prospects at forward will likely be gone. The BPA might be another guard.

Comment

I'd still be interested in signing a guy like Rubio in the off season if he's fully recovered from injury. He's a good stop gap while they bring along the next crop of guard prospects. Rubio can definitely run a team and is a good defender. Would allow Freddy to get some rest without too much of a drop off.

Indiana, Rubio's current team will be interesting to watch in the off season. They have Brogdon, Haliburton, Heild and Duarte at as well as bunch of young prospects at the guard spots. They'll also be picking at a point in the draft where the top prospects at forward will likely be gone. The BPA might be another guard.
            Pascal and Scottie can run the team when Fred sits. We saw Fred's superstar-like On/Off net rating plummet... as Nurse gradually figured out ball-handling in the non-Fred minutes, as the season progressed.

That said, if we're going for a budget veteran backup PG, I'd be looking at a Raul Neto or Tomas Satoransky.

Comment

I'd still be interested in signing a guy like Rubio in the off season if he's fully recovered from injury. He's a good stop gap while they bring along the next crop of guard prospects. Rubio can definitely run a team and is a good defender. Would allow Freddy to get some rest without too much of a drop off.

Fred should not be a point guard and we need to stop seeing him as such. You can get Fred rest without him being a point guard.

Comment

Rubio had a great season with Cleveland.. he was exactly what they needed when Sexton went down. But Rubio isn't really a great floor spacer (shoots under 33% from behind the line for his career), and is coming off a major injury. He's also going to be 32 next season.

Rubio will be looking for a long term deal I suspect. At least 3 years. I'm not sure that's going to work here.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Rubio had a great season with Cleveland.. he was exactly what they needed when Sexton went down. But Rubio isn't really a great floor spacer (shoots under 33% from behind the line for his career), and is coming off a major injury. He's also going to be 32 next season.

Rubio will be looking for a long term deal I suspect. At least 3 years. I'm not sure that's going to work here.
                  I think there are better fits for us. I like Rubio but I don't think he is the best fit for us

Comment

Pascal and Scottie can run the team when Fred sits. We saw Fred's superstar-like On/Off net rating plummet... as Nurse gradually figured out ball-handling in the non-Fred minutes, as the season progressed.

That said, if we're going for a budget veteran backup PG, I'd be looking at a Raul Neto or Tomas Satoransky.
                    That will be interesting to see if Nurse sticks to Pascal and Scottie sharing the ball handling duties the way he did when Fred was injured. Fred lead the league in minutes at one point because Nurse didn't trust anyone else on the team to initiate the offense, so he may still prefer a typical guard doing that. A guy like Rubio I would imagine would not command a lot considering he's older and coming off an injury. He's also been a strong defender which I'm not sure if Neto or Satoransky is.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah, that's the main issue with Rubio his whole career, he's never been a good shooter. He's always been a great passer though which may fit well in our offense with the team wanting to push the ball every possession. Finally have a guy that can throw a decent lob.

Comment

• I'd say signing one of Tyus Jones, Delon Wright or Gary Harris would be a success. If we're looking for budget guards who can also shoot, Bryn Forbes will be a FA. He has shot 40+% from 3 the last few seasons.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          I'd say signing one of Tyus Jones, Delon Wright or Gary Harris would be a success. If we're looking for budget guards who can also shoot, Bryn Forbes will be a FA. He has shot 40+% from 3 the last few seasons.
                          1000% if you get any of those that's perfect. If you also get Thomas Bryant. That solves most of what you want.

Comment

Is there a defensive stat that shows OG being elite defensively. I haven't seen one.
                            YMMV, but looks like he is elite on-ball, but not much of a rim defender, but that could be role in the defence

https://craftednba.com/players/og-anunoby

Comment

• I know hes getting old and coming off acl but ingles might be attainable for a decent price. Hes the type of pesky guy we could use if hes got a yr or two in the tank

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                I know hes getting old and coming off acl but ingles might be attainable for a decent price. Hes the type of pesky guy we could use if hes got a yr or two in the tank

He won't be pesky if he is coming off an ACL tear and he is too young to wait two years for him to realistically round back into form. At best he takes half a season to become halfway decent. He has never been a stout defender even at his best. He is more of a solid playmaking vet. We kind of already have that plus we have one that can play better defence. You give him a minimum deal then maybe sure as insurance but even then we need guys who nurse will play he wouldn't even play he wouldn't keep up in the system.

I like Joe but hard pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X