No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it’s for the min I’d take a risk on Ingles. Not a good defender but he’s a proven shooter

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      I'd say signing one of Tyus Jones, Delon Wright or Gary Harris would be a success. If we're looking for budget guards who can also shoot, Bryn Forbes will be a FA. He has shot 40+% from 3 the last few seasons.
      Donte Divicenzo seems to be unhappy with the Kings.
      He will be solid for us.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Donte Divicenzo seems to be unhappy with the Kings.
        He will be solid for us.
        Rather go after Kyle Anderson or Pat C. How is Donte's defence?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
          If it’s for the min I’d take a risk on Ingles. Not a good defender but he’s a proven shooter
          yeah... I mean all well and good but I don't think he is signing for the minimum and he will want as long of a deal as he can because he is older. I just don't think its a good fit. I'd rather try and chase a guy like Bogdonavic

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Rather go after Kyle Anderson or Pat C. How is Donte's defence?
            https://www.nba.com/stats/players/ad...Bench=Starters

1st among starting guards.
            107 defensive rating

Comment

107 defensive rating
              shocked alright add him to the list

Comment

107 defensive rating
                That's just his on-court defensive rating. It very does not mean he is a good defender.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So with Orlando winning draft lottery and potentially picking Chet, Mo Bamba may be very available. I'm not super high on him but his name has come up a few times here.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                    So with Orlando winning draft lottery and potentially picking Chet, Mo Bamba may be very available. I'm not super high on him but his name has come up a few times here.
                    He'd be a nice bench big with potential to become a good player in the future. Rim protection and shooting the 3 is pretty good for the modern NBA.

Not sure I trust using the Magic's development system as a means of determining if a player is good or not.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

That's just his on-court defensive rating. It very does not mean he is a good defender.
                      ow do oyu find the on offf numbers or do you need cleaning the glass.

Comment

ow do oyu find the on offf numbers or do you need cleaning the glass.
                        On/offs are useful within a team context, far less so across different teams.

Impact stats are your best bet for defensive assessment, and even they have significant limitations, especially on the defensive end. Things like RAPM, EPM, RAPTOR, LEBRON, PIPM, etc.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

On/offs are useful within a team context, far less so across different teams.

Impact stats are your best bet for defensive assessment, and even they have significant limitations, especially on the defensive end. Things like RAPM, EPM, RAPTOR, LEBRON, PIPM, etc.
                          that didn't answer my question

do you need cleaning the glass to see it?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            So with Orlando winning draft lottery and potentially picking Chet, Mo Bamba may be very available. I'm not super high on him but his name has come up a few times here.
                            Chet isn't really a traditional 5. He's basically a unicorn, just a really really skinny one. I don't think he can ever really defend traditional 5's in the NBA.

But they have some things to think about. Isaac should be back next year. And they also have Wendel Carter Jr.

I bet Bamba could be had for cheap, even if they don't take Chet. Both Jabari Smith and Paolo Banchero are about 6'9 / 6'10 and seem to have length.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Chet isn't really a traditional 5. He's basically a unicorn, just a really really skinny one. I don't think he can ever really defend traditional 5's in the NBA.

But they have some things to think about. Isaac should be back next year. And they also have Wendel Carter Jr.

I bet Bamba could be had for cheap, even if they don't take Chet. Both Jabari Smith and Paolo Banchero are about 6'9 / 6'10 and seem to have length.
                              Bamba will have suitors though.

Comment

Bamba will have suitors though.
                                Yep, google "mo bamba" and it's all articles about how the magic will likely sign and trade him since they got the 1st pick.

I don't think we'd be willing to part with what the magic need which is wings. Maybe in a 3-team deal?

Precious + Bamba would be a nice center rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                X