Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yep, google "mo bamba" and it's all articles about how the magic will likely sign and trade him since they got the 1st pick.

I don't think we'd be willing to part with what the magic need which is wings. Maybe in a 3-team deal?

Precious + Bamba would be a nice center rotation.
    oh I would love that. you know after watching some film.. I've changed my mind on Mo Bamba. Kag would be happy lol. I think it depends on what you are getting him for but I would try to get him in a way that doesn't screw up you using the MLE. A sign and trade would be the only way but I don't know how teams evaluate their negotiations in sign and trades.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

oh I would love that. you know after watching some film.. I've changed my mind on Mo Bamba. Kag would be happy lol. I think it depends on what you are getting him for but I would try to get him in a way that doesn't screw up you using the MLE. A sign and trade would be the only way but I don't know how teams evaluate their negotiations in sign and trades.
      Magic would do it for Trent in a heartbeat, but I don't think we would. So I'm not sure what would be heading their way from our side.

Comment

Magic would do it for Trent in a heartbeat, but I don't think we would. So I'm not sure what would be heading their way from our side.
        Maybe something along the lines of Bamba, Ross and Hampton for Gary and Birch.

Hampton is being thrown in as a young player who could potentially turn into something. He won't get much playing time behind Suggs, Anthony, Gary and Fultz.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Maybe something along the lines of Bamba, Ross and Hampton for Gary and Birch.

Hampton is being thrown in as a young player who could potentially turn into something. He won't get much playing time behind Suggs, Anthony, Gary and Fultz.
          Terrence Ross is completely washed so it would all depend on the value of Hampton. I don't know much about him, but the trade is essentially Trent for Bamba + Hampton, with Ross and Birch as salary filler.

Comment

• So Kings got the 4th pick.. not sure there is a trade there, but Kings have been pretty lousy at the draft and are trying to build a win now team. Would Trent for #4 be worth it for either team?

Is the draft worth doing that trade?

Sharpe looks intriguing, and not just because he's Canadian.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              So Kings got the 4th pick.. not sure there is a trade there, but Kings have been pretty lousy at the draft and are trying to build a win now team. Would Trent for #4 be worth it for either team?

I know the Kings are dumb as hell but no way they trade #4 for Trent. I could see a team with a late 1st trading their pick for Trent, but a lottery team? zero chance.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

So Kings got the 4th pick.. not sure there is a trade there, but Kings have been pretty lousy at the draft and are trying to build a win now team. Would Trent for #4 be worth it for either team?

Problem with Trent (for the receiving team) is that his contract sucks, as he will opt out and become a UFA after the upcoming season. Imagine trading a top 4 pick for one-year rental? We're talking Kangz, though... anything is possible.

Comment

honestly?... I don't know if we would need to give up Trent in a sign and trade but he would have to agree. I would do it if you can some how get both Harris and Bamba.

Comment

gotta agree with t-rex on this one, i think they'd take that offer about as seriously as we took ben simmons for scottie, OG, and fred.

just cuz they're bad at drafting doesn't mean they won't value their pick. like "we suck at this, may as well stop trying."

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

that didn't answer my question

do you need cleaning the glass to see it?
                      NBA has them listed on each team page, but I don't think they have a full league page for ranking players (which is good).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

gotta agree with t-rex on this one, i think they'd take that offer about as seriously as we took ben simmons for scottie, OG, and fred.

just cuz they're bad at drafting doesn't mean they won't value their pick. like "we suck at this, may as well stop trying."
                        No team is going to offer their lottery pick for Trent. For Siakam? for sure I could see the Kings offering their 1st for Siakam(I say pass). For Fred or OG? yeah I could see a team offering a lottery pick for one of those two as well. For Trent? hell no.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

If you have the 4th pick & if you do your homework (like the Raptors did) you can find a really good player there .

However this is a team that selected Bagley over Doncic' & than traded Bagley after failing to develop him. They also traded Haliburton who have better tools to succeed in his position (& can also play the 2 & 3) than DeA'aron Fox. Let's just say that my faith of Sacramento drafting a really good player and developing him properly is really really low.

I am just so happy to be cheering for a team under Masai that has a vision & commitment to excellence.

Comment

A #1 pick to go with Suggs and Trent would have Orlando on the rise while Miami regresses to Father Time perhaps

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

No team is going to offer their lottery pick for Trent. For Siakam? for sure I could see the Kings offering their 1st for Siakam(I say pass). For Fred or OG? yeah I could see a team offering a lottery pick for one of those two as well. For Trent? hell no.
                              Hotshot wrote: View Post

If you have the 4th pick & if you do your homework (like the Raptors did) you can find a really good player there .

However this is a team that selected Bagley over Doncic' & than traded Bagley after failing to develop him. They also traded Haliburton who have better tools to succeed in his position (& can also play the 2 & 3) than DeA'aron Fox. Let's just say that my faith of Sacramento drafting a really good player and developing him properly is really really low.
                              oh hell i'm not saying i have any faith in that either. i'm just saying that "we can't draft so let's stop trying" is almost certainly not their thought process. like there's no point in a team existing if they don't internally believe they are capable of acquiring and developing talent through one of the only avenues available to them (not exactly a FA destination). and if they decide to trade the pick they can get do a lot better than GTJ

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

the kings are the only one and I don't want holmes because that is the closest to making it work. I don't think we need to take a step back. If the kings want to discuss the 4th pick for Freddy sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X