Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

NBA has them listed on each team page, but I don't think they have a full league page for ranking players (which is good).
    thanks I was struggling to find them.

Comment

• Yes!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yes!
        Good sign maybe. He's in TO anyways. Who gets good news at 4 in the morning lol? Hope he's clean, could be a huge boost to the bench next season.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yes!
          lets see what he has in summer league.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Good sign maybe. He's in TO anyways. Who gets good news at 4 in the morning lol? Hope he's clean, could be a huge boost to the bench next season.
            Hopefully the reinstatement will go smoothly & quickly so the Raptors can also negotiate a contract where by Harris can be available to dress up to summer league.

Comment

• It's been so long I can't remember anymore, but was he supposed to have a game similar to Norm? I think I remember he had some nice handles.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                It's been so long I can't remember anymore, but was he supposed to have a game similar to Norm? I think I remember he had some nice handles.
                From what I remember he was also working on his passing game to be a combo guard so ideally better than Norm was.

Comment

• basically yes he was an undersized 2 guard with some passing chops but again.. I wouldn't be expecting more than maybe a two way. He has a long way to go to show that he deserves a roster spot. Because a season away from the NBA is al long time and he didn't exactly kill it in Italy.

Comment

• Grange wrote an article yesterday on how the Raptors can add to the roster. He mentioned a Trent for Duncan Robinson swap. That's actually a great trade for the Raptors because unlike Trent, Robinson would have no problem coming off the bench. The Raptors can go w/ a starting 5 of Precious, Siakam, Barnes, OG and FVV. Robinson as a 6th man.

Sounds like Trent would never accept a 6th man role because he wants to prove that he's a starter and that he can be a reliable iso guy lol. Good luck with that.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Grange wrote an article yesterday on how the Raptors can add to the roster. He mentioned a Trent for Duncan Robinson swap. That's actually a great trade for the Raptors because unlike Trent, Robinson would have no problem coming off the bench. The Raptors can go w/ a starting 5 of Precious, Siakam, Barnes, OG and FVV. Robinson as a 6th man.

Sounds like Trent would never accept a 6th man role because he wants to prove that he's a starter and that he can be a reliable iso guy lol. Good luck with that.
                      I need to think about it its interesting but i'd have to look at the duncan contract

Comment

Grange wrote an article yesterday on how the Raptors can add to the roster. He mentioned a Trent for Duncan Robinson swap. That's actually a great trade for the Raptors because unlike Trent, Robinson would have no problem coming off the bench. The Raptors can go w/ a starting 5 of Precious, Siakam, Barnes, OG and FVV. Robinson as a 6th man.

There's a reason Robinson is nailed to the bench in the playoffs. He's a one-tool player with no D and wouldn't get minutes here either for the same reason. Contract is not terrible, but he's a definite downgrade from Trent.

Comment

Why does it sound like Trent would never accept a 6th man role, was something said? I mean I don't think that would be his first choice or should be as a young, productive player, but just don't recall seeing or hearing anything.

I also don't love that starting 5 for the Raps either. All good players, but too many catch and shoot guys and not enough guys that can hit a pull up off the dribble. We need more dynamic scoring.

Comment

Why does it sound like Trent would never accept a 6th man role, was something said? I mean I don't think that would be his first choice or should be as a young, productive player, but just don't recall seeing or hearing anything.

I also don't love that starting 5 for the Raps either. All good players, but too many catch and shoot guys and not enough guys that can hit a pull up off the dribble. We need more dynamic scoring.
                            I don't know if he would never but he just came off a career year and is going into essentially a contract year.

Comment

He did start the season off the bench. Remember Dragic started the first couple of games. I think it's more so to do with him having a player option and potentially walking at the end of the year. Now maybe that's good riddance if he doesn't want to be a team player.. but that can be a dicey situation to have someone like that leave without getting any value back.

And maybe we're just reading too much into this. He could be fine coming off the bench, as long has he got his 30+ minutes.. which he'd get for sure.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He did start the season off the bench. Remember Dragic started the first couple of games. I think it's more so to do with him having a player option and potentially walking at the end of the year. Now maybe that's good riddance if he doesn't want to be a team player.. but that can be a dicey situation to have someone like that leave without getting any value back.

And maybe we're just reading too much into this. He could be fine coming off the bench, as long has he got his 30+ minutes.. which he'd get for sure.
                                we have his bird rights ... but yeah I just think trading him now is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X