No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think the smartest thing is to use trent to get an upgrade on the bench and a pick or something...

For example getting Bogdan bogdonovic on the hawks and a pick swap would work nicely.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's Europe, who cares?

He played great in the NBA, hasn't had any injuries, just got older, stronger, and more skilled.

I'm sure it was very difficult starting your nba career, ending the season on a roll, then getting banned for some drug bullshit no one else has ever been banned for (that I can recall). Now he's gotta go play in a foreign league where he doesn't speak the language or know anybody, and Europe is a different style of play.

He's gonna come back super motivated and perform. I hope we sign him to a cheap ass 3 year deal and reap the benefits.
      "The 22-year-old Harris was Toronto's second-round pick in 2020 and was beginning to show some long-term value toward the end of the 2021 season. After spending much of the season battling injuries or playing in the G League, Harris ended the season averaging 18.5 points per game in his final four games. That stretch culminated with a 31-point performance against the Dallas Mavericks.

The NBA's drug policy dismisses players who test positive for drugs of abuse. That list of drugs does not include marijuana."

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

"The 22-year-old Harris was Toronto's second-round pick in 2020 and was beginning to show some long-term value toward the end of the 2021 season. After spending much of the season battling injuries or playing in the G League, Harris ended the season averaging 18.5 points per game in his final four games. That stretch culminated with a 31-point performance against the Dallas Mavericks.

The NBA's drug policy dismisses players who test positive for drugs of abuse. That list of drugs does not include marijuana."
        I am going to just say one thing that may not be popular.... based on the drug policy it was not PEDS and clearly wasn't marijuana so you are talking about harder core drugs... and people in the media are trying to make it sound like its what ever. the NBA had a BIG drug problem in the 80s from cocaine. Not saying it was or wasn't cocaine but I don't like that a lot of our local reporters are playing it off like the guy just smoked weed. the NBA is a big opportunity to change your life.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I am going to just say one thing that may not be popular.... based on the drug policy it was not PEDS and clearly wasn't marijuana so you are talking about harder core drugs... and people in the media are trying to make it sound like its what ever. the NBA had a BIG drug problem in the 80s from cocaine. Not saying it was or wasn't cocaine but I don't like that a lot of our local reporters are playing it off like the guy just smoked weed. the NBA is a big opportunity to change your life.
          I'd say a one time offense isn't a big deal. If its a continuous thing and it affects his on court production or he gets suspended again, then it becomes a bigger issue.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Precious, Boucher and Thad have been great, but Raps still need a shooter or 2, especially a reliable guard.

A healthy Fred would have made a pretty big difference in this series. Can't have him breaking down again next season.
            I will be honest. I think Fred would have been more important for the Miami series than Philly. I think he just has a bad match up issues against philly.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I'd say a one time offense isn't a big deal. If its a continuous thing and it affects his on court production or he gets suspended again, then it becomes a bigger issue.
              I guess my point is I am annoyed that people are suggesting the NBA did him wrong. I think it was a fair punishment given the league history.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                For Harris, was it ever confirmed how he failed the drug policy?

Coke or what?
                In one of the more recent Will Lou Raptors Show episodes he had on Oren who said he got suspended for a “recreational” drug. Not sure if that’s been confirmed anywhere else, or if anything more is known

Comment

I guess my point is I am annoyed that people are suggesting the NBA did him wrong. I think it was a fair punishment given the league history.
                  I don't think players should be tested for recreational drugs. It's none of the leagues business. Performance enhancers matters because that's cheating. If he wants to do cocaine is his spare time who gives a shit. Most rich people do cocaine or some other recreational drugs from time to time. They're fun. No different than alcohol. If his play suffers he'll be benched or cut, recreational drug tests are pointless. Also pretty wild that NO other players have gotten banned for a season for anything. I don't believe in a million years Harris is the only guy in the NBA doing stuff harder than weed.

Comment

• And isn't coke hard to detect even after a short period of time? Odd how little has leaked about jalen's infraction.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

In one of the more recent Will Lou Raptors Show episodes he had on Oren who said he got suspended for a “recreational” drug. Not sure if that’s been confirmed anywhere else, or if anything more is known
                      Cocaine is a "recreational" drug for many.
                      As an anti-drug guy, I still have the opinion that if you made a mistake (got caught) or whatever and you did the time and you're clean now, why not give the guy a second chance? They do for all kinds of worse things like spousal battery.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        And isn't coke hard to detect even after a short period of time? Odd how little has leaked about jalen's infraction.
                        Pretty much everything other than cannabis is undetectable 3 days after use. If they're randomly testing guys all the time more players than just Jalen Harris would have popped for something. His situation is so weird. You never hear about NBA players testing positive for anything, PEDs included.

Comment

Pretty much everything other than cannabis is undetectable 3 days after use. If they're randomly testing guys all the time more players than just Jalen Harris would have popped for something. His situation is so weird. You never hear about NBA players testing positive for anything, PEDs included.
                          Ayton says hello

Comment

I don't think players should be tested for recreational drugs. It's none of the leagues business. Performance enhancers matters because that's cheating. If he wants to do cocaine is his spare time who gives a shit. Most rich people do cocaine or some other recreational drugs from time to time. They're fun. No different than alcohol. If his play suffers he'll be benched or cut, recreational drug tests are pointless. Also pretty wild that NO other players have gotten banned for a season for anything. I don't believe in a million years Harris is the only guy in the NBA doing stuff harder than weed.
                            i dont disagree with you about the last sentence

Comment

• Svi, GTJ, for Mcdermoutt and the #9?

Comment

The NBA's banned substances list is expansive. It's very difficult to narrow down what sort of substance it might have been, but it's just as likely to be a painkiller like codeine or morphine as cocaine.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X