Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Who cares?

Are we a contending team? no. We're a retooling team. Adding a good player like Wiggins, who's an all star I might add + two good young players like Kuminga and Moody would help this team more. Kuminga btw from what I've seen is gonna be a really good player.

Now, I don't see a trade like that again this year. They say the Kings are open to moving the 4th pick this year. I wouldn't trade Siakam for this year's 4th overall pick. Trent? yes. OG? lemme think about it. I don't see the Kings trading that pick for Trent though.
    Then why would we keep Wiggins, other than for salary matching? Shouldn’t we just flip him for young players and also trade Fred? We’d be better off taking a bad contract to get better young assets or picks.

If we’re going into lose-now mode to acquire young players, then why half-ass it by playing useful veterans? Might as well go full tank like OKC.

Comment

Yeah I said that last year. But why did you left out ....for Wiggins PLUS their 2 lottery picks? I love Siakam but who'd you rather have right now? Siakam or Wiggins + Kuminga + Moody?
      Siakam, hands down.

We don't sign All NBA guys in free agency, so if you think a journeyman like Wiggins and two unproven prospects like Kuminga & Moody are a good deal for an All NBA player in his prime then I don't know what to tell ya. Guys coming out of GS haven't exactly looked great when they weren't playing next to 3 HOF's.

Imo, Siakam should be valued around the league as much as a guy like Bradley Beal and the starting point in any Siakam trade should be something along the lines of Evan Mobley.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Then why would we keep Wiggins, other than for salary matching? Shouldn’t we just flip him for young players and also trade Fred? We’d be better off taking a bad contract to get better young assets or picks.

If we’re going into lose-now mode to acquire young players, then why half-ass it by playing useful veterans? Might as well go full tank like OKC.
        maybe we could sit scottie for a couple seasons while we field a CEBL team to increase our lottery odds like they have with shai, or maybe even trade scottie for future draft assets to build for a new window in 2030. we could also just sit wiggins until we offloaded him elsewhere for bad contracts (plus picks, of course).

sign me up! no treadmill!

Comment

• wiggins is an all star because of k-pop fans or at least in part because of that. he played better but this obsession with wiggins is not my thing.

Kuminga has high upside but he is is 3-4 years away from being able to come close to the production that you are giving up in pascal... I said it on reddit ill say it here. pascal for what ever reason isn't respected or appreciated as he likely should be and people will not appreciate him until he is gone.

Comment

You're starting to see the light. I'm proud of you.
            Fred isn't getting a max so no.

Comment

• there's not really a thread for this but it's comic gold

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Scottie and Kevin movement, make it happen Masai and Bobby !
                me likey

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  there's not really a thread for this but it's comic gold

so then you have two players on the nets who demand the ball and can't shoot in simmons and Westbrook LOL

Comment

Thats the thing... if you dump siakam AND fred and you are basically getting prospects you are signing up to not have ANY chance to win during Scotties rookie contract.

I don't see the point in keeping wiggins if that is the case and I also don't want to get an asset for the sake of trying to dump them later. That is how you end up doing what we did with dragic. Even though I liked thad as a pick up.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Fred isn't getting a max so no.
                      that's not a max deal for fred, just the max at which they could extend his current deal.

which would be a complete steal at 27 per for the next five years.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        wiggins is an all star because of k-pop fans or at least in part because of that. he played better but this obsession with wiggins is not my thing.

Kuminga has high upside but he is is 3-4 years away from being able to come close to the production that you are giving up in pascal... I said it on reddit ill say it here. pascal for what ever reason isn't respected or appreciated as he likely should be and people will not appreciate him until he is gone.
                        1. I don't know who k-pop is.
                        2. Wiggins 100% was deserving to make the all star team.
                        3. How do you know Kuminga is 3-4 years away? where'd you get that from?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Because Wiggins is a good player and only in his mid 20's? Siakam is better than Wiggins but Wiggins is no scrub. He's an all star. Moody and Kuminga would give this team depth on the wings.

What was Raptors record the first month of the season when Pascal was injured? they were over .500 no? add Wiggins, Kuminga and Moody on that team and you'd have a good, exciting young team.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wiggins averaged 17ppg this year, shot 47% from the field, 39% from 3 as a STARTER on a championship contending team and you guys are saying that trading for him AND Kuminga AND Moody means a complete tear down? That's crazy talk. And oh, Wiggins is also very good defensively. He's a 2 way guy. I know Luka is still putting up big numbers in this series but Wiggins has made things difficult for him. He's their second best player in this series against the Mavs. Not Klay Thompson, not Draymond Green.

Just because Wiggins didn't lived up to the Maple Jordan hype doesn't mean he's a complete scrub.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's not a max deal for fred, just the max at which they could extend his current deal.

which would be a complete steal at 27 per for the next five years.
                              What Jalen Brunson signs for this off-season should set the market for Fred. He's pretty much FVV's doppelganger, with a bit better self-creation and bit less defense.

Comment

What Jalen Brunson signs for this off-season should set the market for Fred. He's pretty much FVV's doppelganger, with a bit better self-creation and bit less defense.
                                yeah you've been consistent on that all year and i don't necessarily disagree. 27 average annual may or may not be more than what brunson will sign for this summer (i would guess he gets a bit more maybe), but either way, he won't be signing for 5 years. and if you can lock fred in at that number through his prime for 5 years i think it's a major asset whether or not they want to keep or deal him, especially with a significant cap bump projected in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X