Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah you've been consistent on that all year and i don't necessarily disagree. 27 average annual may or may not be more than what brunson will sign for this summer (i would guess he gets a bit more maybe), but either way, he won't be signing for 5 years. and if you can lock fred in at that number through his prime for 5 years i think it's a major asset whether or not they want to keep or deal him, especially with a significant cap bump projected in there.
    With the new TV deal coming, we could see more 2 year + player option deals, like what Gary signed with us.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

With the new TV deal coming, we could see more 2 year + player option deals, like what Gary signed with us.
      Could also see a lot of offers from teams of max deals for guys who don't seem deserving of it, if it comes with term. All about who is willing to take the guaranteed money versus betting on an even bigger pay day. Different guys want different things.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Could also see a lot of offers from teams of max deals for guys who don't seem deserving of it, if it comes with term. All about who is willing to take the guaranteed money versus betting on an even bigger pay day. Different guys want different things.
        True. It’ll be Brunson’s first big payday, so he might want to secure the longer term bag vs risking injury for the potential of maximizing every penny if the cap spikes. Trent was in a similar situation, but I’m guessing now it was a soft market for him, so he decided to risk a shorter term, build up his value and get back out to the market again as a UFA.

Comment

• People do Know Wiggins is younger than Pascal right? Calling him a journey man and not a deserving all-star does seem a little out of touch. Is it because he was a number one pick and did not become a super star?

I'm not saying I want to trade Pascal for him, not sure how that fixes our roster issues, but if we made that move and two young studs come with Wiggins, cool. But Kuminga is a combo forward and would be stuck behind OG, Barnes, and Wiggins. Moody would be a nice addition to the back court depth though.....not happening anyway.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            People do Know Wiggins is younger than Pascal right? Calling him a journey man and not a deserving all-star does seem a little out of touch. Is it because he was a number one pick and did not become a super star?

I'm not saying I want to trade Pascal for him, not sure how that fixes our roster issues, but if we made that move and two young studs come with Wiggins, cool. But Kuminga is a combo forward and would be stuck behind OG, Barnes, and Wiggins. Moody would be a nice addition to the back court depth though.....not happening anyway.
            by a year but yes calling him a journey man is a bit wrong not that I called him that ....

in terms of all star I am not saying he didn't deserve it but the kpop thing is true.

Comment

that's not a max deal for fred, just the max at which they could extend his current deal.

which would be a complete steal at 27 per for the next five years.
              and im saying his market is around 25 MAX 27... his max for extending is a tiny bit above 30 and he aint making 30

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

yes

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Wiggins averaged 17ppg this year, shot 47% from the field, 39% from 3 as a STARTER on a championship contending team and you guys are saying that trading for him AND Kuminga AND Moody means a complete tear down? That's crazy talk. And oh, Wiggins is also very good defensively. He's a 2 way guy. I know Luka is still putting up big numbers in this series but Wiggins has made things difficult for him. He's their second best player in this series against the Mavs. Not Klay Thompson, not Draymond Green.

Just because Wiggins didn't lived up to the Maple Jordan hype doesn't mean he's a complete scrub.
                  I'm not saying its a tear down but wiggins has come into his own because he is able to no be a number one guy .... we are all complaining that siakam isn't a number one guy.. yet you want to trade him for another guy who isn't a number one guy?

Also no you are wrong draymond green is their best player... not statistically but in terms of what he does on the floor the way he switches there are many things that draymond does that doesn't show up on box score to allow everyone including steph to do what they do. Draymond is their second best player and there is zero question about it.

Comment

yeah you've been consistent on that all year and i don't necessarily disagree. 27 average annual may or may not be more than what brunson will sign for this summer (i would guess he gets a bit more maybe), but either way, he won't be signing for 5 years. and if you can lock fred in at that number through his prime for 5 years i think it's a major asset whether or not they want to keep or deal him, especially with a significant cap bump projected in there.
                    Brunson will likely have a market in the range of 20-25. Fred's market will coming 25-27. I am guessing 25 is the true market value.

Comment

• https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...in-6-18-Months

Not sure how much truth there is to it, but if Blazers are to be sold in the next year and a half then we could see Dame finally moved as the franchise clears the decks for the next ownership group. Always exciting to big off season moves.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

and im saying his market is around 25 MAX 27... his max for extending is a tiny bit above 30 and he aint making 30
                        I would extend Freddy 5/$130 Million and trade two players - Gary Trent Jr + Birch + S &T Boucher for Clint Capella + Heuter. ( net salary wash).
                        The Raptors should optimize the return for Siakam for Moody + Kuminga+ Wiggins. ( $6 Million increase)
                        Two deals must happen simultaneously.
                        Gary Payton 3rd-3-$18 Million and sign Young for vets.

FVV, Wiggins, Barnes, OG , Capella
                        GP, Heuter, Moody, Kuminga, Precious
                        Flynn, Brooks , Banton, Thad Young required for mentorship, xxxxxxx
                        $135 Milliion. Team is 11 deep and gives Flynn one more chance or sign Tyus Jones instead of Gary Payton,

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I'm not saying its a tear down but wiggins has come into his own because he is able to no be a number one guy .... we are all complaining that siakam isn't a number one guy.. yet you want to trade him for another guy who isn't a number one guy?

Also no you are wrong draymond green is their best player... not statistically but in terms of what he does on the floor the way he switches there are many things that draymond does that doesn't show up on box score to allow everyone including steph to do what they do. Draymond is their second best player and there is zero question about it.
                          Basically you're trading an all star for an all star + two really talented young players. Yes, Siakam is better than Wiggins but Wiggins is no scrub. Put OG at the 4, Wiggins at the 2. Trent as the 6th man. Kuminga and Moody as your two depth wings instead of Yuta, Thad and Svi. Are you telling me that's a bad team? lol.

Precious
                          OG
                          Scottie
                          Wiggins
                          FVV

6th man - Trent
                          Kuminga
                          Moody
                          Boucher
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Basically you're trading an all star for an all star + two really talented young players. Yes, Siakam is better than Wiggins but Wiggins is no scrub. Put OG at the 4, Wiggins at the 2. Trent as the 6th man. Kuminga and Moody as your two depth wings instead of Yuta, Thad and Svi. Are you telling me that's a bad team? lol.

Precious
                            OG
                            Scottie
                            Wiggins
                            FVV

6th man - Trent
                            Kuminga
                            Moody
                            Boucher
                            It's not a terrible team. It's a significantly worse team than the one we have now though.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dan H starting 5 is worse by 10 points offensively and improved rebounding by 4 rebounds

The 2nd 5 is better than last years by 20 points & 8 rebounds better before you return Young to this team. Better and younger.
                              Additionally, believe Trent + Birch + for Huerter + Capella which changes the teams dynamic with multi year contracts covering 8 of the players except FVV .

Dan H would you trade Siakam for Collins + Huerter instead.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                                Dan H starting 5 is worse by 10 points offensively and improved rebounding by 4 rebounds

The 2nd 5 is better than last years by 20 points & 8 rebounds better before you return Young to this team. Better and younger.
                                Additionally, believe Trent + Birch + for Huerter + Capella which changes the teams dynamic with multi year contracts covering 8 of the players except FVV .

Dan H would you trade Siakam for Collins + Huerter instead.
                                No. Siakam is fantastic, there are very few trades that would make sense for him to move in.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X