Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    3 Team Trade Raptors , Hawks and Warriors

Financially this transaction succeeds , incremental increase or decrease per team determined by Fanspo.

Atlanta receives Wiggins + Siakam ( best player).

Warriors receives OG + Hunter - Warriors save $12 Million.

Raptors receives- Capela + Kuminga+ Collins + Heurter. Raptors shows an incremental increase in value determined by Fanspo with a salary total of $119 Million plus Boucher + Young.
    Toronto gains 4 players with 3 or 4 year contracts and a slightly younger team.
    Trent Jr continues to start.
    FVV , Trent Jr, Barnes, Collins, Capella
    Flynn, Heurter, Kuminga, Boucher, Precious

Raptors could trade Birch and Flynn for a #2 PG or sign FA- Gary Payton Jr for 3/$12 Million.
    read my post above.

in terms of why not...

also you do know that payton while good is 29 years old

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
      Listen...People need 2 stop with trading Siakim or Freddy or OG...stop..ain't happening, I've said it numerous times they need 2 move on from Freddy and they should, but I don't c that happening, not yet..maybe next year.
      U don't move championship core players that won championship..what this team needs 2 do is retool around these players and Barnes.
      Only guy I can c moving is Gary Trent Jr.. Boucher in a sign trade..and Byrch Flynn..that's it.
      yes that is what I have hinted at a few times now. flynn is likely gone gary is potentially gone. The rest of the core of the roster is likely staying for one reason or another. Barnes is untouchable after Barnes your tier two is Siakam and OG. Fred is moveable in a block buster.. i don't see any of those except the mitchel trade I suggested and I don't know if ainge does that.

Comment

• Gary Payton Jr at 29 years old can be PG# 2, at a very reasonable salary, aggressive defense and hungry. This year, GP2 is receiving floor time that would reduce to 32 more minutes per game without forcing Siakam and Pascal to play 36-38 minutes a game. Flynn than is kept to learn how to lay the NBA game at 23 years old at a low cost.

Comment

• Oplan 2Bs:

1. Barnes from Kings ( for Gary ?)
          2. Brogdon (or Buddy) from Indy (for picks)
          Last edited by Kagemusha; Thu May 26, 2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
            Gary Payton Jr at 29 years old can be PG# 2, at a very reasonable salary, aggressive defense and hungry. This year, GP2 is receiving floor time that would reduce to 32 more minutes per game without forcing Siakam and Pascal to play 36-38 minutes a game. Flynn than is kept to learn how to lay the NBA game at 23 years old at a low cost.
            why do you want to keep flynn vs other alternatives based on what you have seen over two years so far?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
              Oplan 2Bs:

1. Barnes from Kings ( for Gary ?)
              2. Brogdon (or Buddy) from Indy (for picks)
              If they are giving a second rounder.

Barnes offensively is a significant upgrade over Gary by the advanced metrics but ideally because of age you extract a pick

Defensively its muddy

Something like this works:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2z5fwc66

Alternatively you can keep malachi
              and it still works but again your salary gets tight so you may look to get off Birch in a separate deal.
              Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu May 26, 2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• With FVV, Siakam, and OG all in line to get raises soon, we need cheaper players who can contribute. I think it's highly likely we trade Trent for a lotto pick and use them as the 6th man role.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  With FVV, Siakam, and OG all in line to get raises soon, we need cheaper players who can contribute. I think it's highly likely we trade Trent for a lotto pick and use them as the 6th man role.
                  what do you define as a lotto pick? like is a 10th pick still considered a lotto pick?

The kings idea isn't to take the 4th pick btw.

Comment

No to trading away Pascal.
                    Dont you guys see how the Brown-Tatum duo works so well?
                    Pascal and Scottie can be our version of that.

Wiggins is no Pascal and will never be.
                    If we want more bench help, FVV is that chip.
                    I mean, I made that Wiggins trade suggestion LAST YEAR before the draft. If you remember there were a lot of Siakam trade speculations last year. Of course I don't see them trading Siakam now. Masai pretty much said in his press conference a couple of weeks ago that FVV and Siakam are not going anywhere, He was even in tears when talking about FVV lol. Of course if there was a superstar that suddenly becomes available like a Luka or a Booker or someone like that becomes available then i'm sure he wouldn't hesitate trading them. But right now the core is the core. Siakam, OG, Scottie, Precious and FVV. That's the core according to Nurse and Masai. So it's all about development.

Their trade chip this year is Trent.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I mean, I made that Wiggins trade suggestion LAST YEAR before the draft. If you remember there were a lot of Siakam trade speculations last year. Of course I don't see them trading Siakam now. Masai pretty much said in his press conference a couple of weeks ago that FVV and Siakam are not going anywhere, He was even in tears when talking about FVV lol. Of course if there was a superstar that suddenly becomes available like a Luka or a Booker or someone like that becomes available then i'm sure he wouldn't hesitate trading them. But right now the core is the core. Siakam, OG, Scottie, Precious and FVV. That's the core according to Nurse and Masai. So it's all about development.

Their trade chip this year is Trent.
                      I guess we will not be a contender anytime soon then.
                      That's alright too. Maybe the plan is to slowly,
                      and methodically hand over the reigns to Scottie.

Comment

• Here is one question can Hartenstein defend in switches?

Comment

not necessarily true how do you come to that conclusion.

I have said a number of times the contention window with the majority of the core in tact is 23/24 - 25/26

This year isn't necessarily a punt year but its a year where you try to improve and also do asset accumulation if at all possible.

Another way to frame this is like this. You have one last year to accumulate any assets that aren't in the core thatTGO mentioned after that you will have to give up a core piece.

If you are giving up a core piece or pieces then you are looking to push your chips in the middle for someone that is at a kawhi level ... or that type of idea (aka a super star). The person doesn't ACTUALLY have to be at kawhi level but you get the point.

Next year they are going to give scottie more and more and more you saw that during this year as well... did you not?
                          Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu May 26, 2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Have you been watching the conference finals? Who is a “contender”?

It would surprise nobody if 4 different teams make the conference finals next year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Have you been watching the conference finals? Who is a “contender”?

It would surprise nobody if 4 different teams make the conference finals next year.
                              Bulls and Heat are heading down but Celtics and Bucks aren't going anywhere.
                              Hard to say with the Nets yet.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Bulls and Heat are heading down but Celtics and Bucks aren't going anywhere.
                                Hard to say with the Nets yet.
                                Celtics and Bucks are just going to get stronger.
                                We need another Kawhi to topple them.

Comment

Working...
                                X