Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Celtics and Bucks are just going to get stronger.
    We need another Kawhi to topple them.
    bucks will be the same Celtics will be around the same tatum and brown get better but their secret most important guy gets older (horford).

we have pieces to make moves to get better for that kawhi guy just need to be patient for when that person comes available even if they aren't now. Maybe its KAT maybe its Mitchell maybe its someone we haven't thought of yet.

Comment

• It's that time of year for some crazy blockbuster trade ideas. Whatch'all think?

Raps get some youthful upside to match Scottie's timeline + cost control + bench depth.

Starters: Ball, Scottie, P. Williams, Pascal, Precious
      Bench: Caruso, Ayo, D. Williams, Boucher (re-sign), Birch + Thad (maybe) + draft pick + MLE

Bulls get experienced 2-way NBA starters + ton of shooting + championship/all-star pedigree (Fred) to put around DeRozan, Vucevic + Lavine. Also a hedge, if Lavine leaves. Bulls take a flier on the upside of Flynn and Banton and inject some youth.

Starters: FVV, Lavine, DD, OG, Vuc
      Bench: Coby White, Trent, ...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        It's that time of year for some crazy blockbuster trade ideas. Whatch'all think?

Raps get some youthful upside to match Scottie's timeline + cost control + bench depth.

Starters: Ball, Scottie, P. Williams, Pascal, Precious
        Bench: Caruso, Ayo, D. Williams, Boucher (re-sign), Birch + Thad (maybe) + draft pick + MLE

Bulls get experienced 2-way NBA starters + ton of shooting + championship/all-star pedigree (Fred) to put around DeRozan, Vucevic + Lavine. Also a hedge, if Lavine leaves. Bulls take a flier on the upside of Flynn and Banton and inject some youth.

Starters: FVV, Lavine, DD, OG, Vuc
        Bench: Coby White, Trent, ...
        I've seen wilder which is scary

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I've seen wilder which is scary
          My proposal is only “wild” from the POV that it’s a big trade involving a lot of pieces… which rarely happens. It actually makes sense from roster construction / team building, cap management and timing for both teams.

Comment

My proposal is only “wild” from the POV that it’s a big trade involving a lot of pieces… which rarely happens. It actually makes sense from roster construction / team building, cap management and timing for both teams.
            wilder as in my friend suggest trading for chet and johnathan Isaac who is a bad culture fit for the team.

Your trade is interesting... I don't know enough about Derrick Jones Junior.

I prefer to keep banton. I like obtaining lonzo, and curuso (they will likely choose to build around them if they pivot), and pat Williams. Ayo is a nice piece too.

I don't see the Bulls doing this just to keep Lavine happy. I like the players you are targeting.

When I said I've seen wilder it is not characterizing your suggestion as wild I am saying your trade isn't bad. I don't think it happens. FYI I don't like getting rid of OG for obvious reasons but I lonzo and alex help with that.
            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Fri May 27, 2022, 09:54 AM.

Comment

wilder as in my friend suggest trading for chet and johnathan Isaac who is a bad culture fit for the team
              If your friend has a scheme to trade Svi, Bonga & Birch to get those guys..... then let's talk.

Comment

• If you want a big trade.. I say we go get KD. He hasn't talked to his front office since the sweep.

And will likely get butt hurt if they don't bring back Kyrie.

Trent, OG, Khem, 2023 pick, 2024 pick swap, 2025 pick.

Comment

what do you define as a lotto pick? like is a 10th pick still considered a lotto pick?

The kings idea isn't to take the 4th pick btw.
                  Standard definition. Top 14 pick, the teams that were in the lottery. Stretch that to 15 maybe. We should be able to find a capable 6th man in the top 15. Probably not as good as Trent, especially this coming season, but the cost certainty of the Rookie deal makes up for that.

Comment

If your friend has a scheme to trade Svi, Bonga & Birch to get those guys..... then let's talk.
                    those weren't included it was fvv and siakam

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Standard definition. Top 14 pick, the teams that were in the lottery. Stretch that to 15 maybe. We should be able to find a capable 6th man in the top 15. Probably not as good as Trent, especially this coming season, but the cost certainty of the Rookie deal makes up for that.
                      I think in this draft you could maybe figure out a way to get the 16th pick and bogdanovic. for trent and flynn and a future second?

Comment

those weren't included it was fvv and siakam
                        lol. With friends like that....

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          If you want a big trade.. I say we go get KD. He hasn't talked to his front office since the sweep.

And will likely get butt hurt if they don't bring back Kyrie.

Trent, OG, Khem, 2023 pick, 2024 pick swap, 2025 pick.

Nets would never do that. They'd be looking for at least a rumored disgruntled all-star, like Donovan Mitchell or Dame.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Celtics and Bucks are just going to get stronger.
                            We need another Kawhi to topple them.
                            That's where Scottie comes in. We also didn't have OG on the championship run he was hurt.

Celtics and Bucks are very good but don't scare me. I think even this season we could hang with both those teams, and they don't have a Scottie Barnes who is going to rapidly ascend to top 25 player. The Celtics need a replacement for Horford (turns 36 in a few days) so hard to say they'll get any better. The Bucks give heavy minutes to Brooke Lopez who is on his way out. We aren't relying on any old guys besides Thad if we bring him back, and he's a 20 minute bench guy not a key starter. Of the top teams in the East we definitely have the most internal development built in with Scottie and Precious, and we don't rely on any old players so I don't see a decline happening.

Comment

Well, I don't think the Raps want to move on from Fred or OG, so there's that too.

That said, it's one of the more reasonable "sell" options I've seen. I do think the Raps would push hard to keep OG in such a deal. Gary is expendable, and the sell would be Fred. And you try for a package like Ball, Williams, Jones. I'm sure the Bulls would be pushing to keep Caruso too, he's been great for them, and they'd be trying for the Lonzo to Fred upgrade and adding a scoring guard like Trent at the cost of a prospect.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think in this draft you could maybe figure out a way to get the 16th pick and bogdanovic. for trent and flynn and a future second?
                                I mean if we can get the 16th pick and Bogdanovic for Trent + filler then that's a great deal. We'd let Bogdanovic go after next season and the 16th pick would hopefully be ready to take on those minutes. I don't think there is much difference between Trent and Bogdanovic though to warrant the Hawks sending us the 16th pick along with Bogdanovic.

Comment

Working...
                                X