Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, I don't think the Raps want to move on from Fred or OG, so there's that too.

That said, it's one of the more reasonable "sell" options I've seen. I do think the Raps would push hard to keep OG in such a deal. Gary is expendable, and the sell would be Fred. And you try for a package like Ball, Williams, Jones. I'm sure the Bulls would be pushing to keep Caruso too, he's been great for them, and they'd be trying for the Lonzo to Fred upgrade and adding a scoring guard like Trent at the cost of a prospect.
    Yep... no way this actually happens - it's purely for entertainment purposes.

There would be risks on both sides. Biggest risk for the Bulls would be Fred & Trent both being UFAs at the end of the year and having to bank on Bird Rights to sign both of them. They would have the advantage of the Bulls being Fred's hometown team. But.... DeRozan and Vuc are aren't young, so the Bulls window to contend is yesterday. Depending on who flinches... you could add future picks to get the deal over the hump. That would make it perfect for the Raps if the idea is to build around Scottie and keep flexibility.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nets would never do that. They'd be looking for at least a rumored disgruntled all-star, like Donovan Mitchell or Dame.
      Yeah I know.. just throwing shit in the air.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

That's where Scottie comes in. We also didn't have OG on the championship run he was hurt.

Celtics and Bucks are very good but don't scare me. I think even this season we could hang with both those teams, and they don't have a Scottie Barnes who is going to rapidly ascend to top 25 player. The Celtics need a replacement for Horford (turns 36 in a few days) so hard to say they'll get any better. The Bucks give heavy minutes to Brooke Lopez who is on his way out. We aren't relying on any old guys besides Thad if we bring him back, and he's a 20 minute bench guy not a key starter. Of the top teams in the East we definitely have the most internal development built in with Scottie and Precious, and we don't rely on any old players so I don't see a decline happening.
        Good point.
        I said that coz l can see how the Bucks and the Celtics can easily replace Horford and Lopez as they are the more prominent FA destinations.
        And they also have pieces to trade for replacements.

Comment

If your friend has a scheme to trade Svi, Bonga & Birch to get those guys..... then let's talk.
          Bonga is part of the core ....

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Good point.
            I said that coz l can see how the Bucks and the Celtics can easily replace Horford and Lopez as they are the more prominent FA destinations.
            And they also have pieces to trade for replacements.
            Lopez is easy to replace Horford at times has been the C's 3rd best guy on the court at times sometimes their 4 th.... harder to replace that

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Lopez is easy to replace Horford at times has been the C's 3rd best guy on the court at times sometimes their 4 th.... harder to replace that
              Neither guy is easy to replace. Lopez isn't what he used to be but he's still playing 28 minutes per game as a starter, plus skilled 7ft 280lb big men who shoot 90%FT don't just grow on trees. He's still a decent defender too. His rebound numbers are only low because he plays next to Giannis.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Neither guy is easy to replace. Lopez isn't what he used to be but he's still playing 28 minutes per game as a starter, plus skilled 7ft 280lb big men who shoot 90%FT don't just grow on trees. He's still a decent defender too. His rebound numbers are only low because he plays next to Giannis.
                I should rephrase Lopez is easier to replace at least in theory especially what he was giving this year.

Comment

• If they’re doing well they should be capable next season. If they aren’t they’re replaceable

Comment

• can hartenstein keep up in our switch heavy defence?

Comment

• Is Bobby Portis a possibility? he's really the perfect big for this team.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• How about Collin Sexton S&T for Trent Jr?

Sexton really is the classic 6th man, combo guard, microwave scorer off the bench that we need. In 2020-22, he put up huge numbers (24.3 PPG) with above average efficiency (111 ORTG) on ultra high usage (29.7%). That's elite scoring and is really hard to do. The year before: 22.7 PPG / 108 ORTG / 27.2% USG. That's also elite. The man can get buckets.

Surround him with the offensively challenged 6'9"s and that could be a match made in heaven.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Is Bobby Portis a possibility? he's really the perfect big for this team.
                          he is a possibility at the full mid level... but something tells me he stays there.

Comment

How about Collin Sexton S&T for Trent Jr?

Sexton really is the classic 6th man, combo guard, microwave scorer off the bench that we need. In 2020-22, he put up huge numbers (24.3 PPG) with above average efficiency (111 ORTG) on ultra high usage (29.7%). That's elite scoring and is really hard to do. The year before: 22.7 PPG / 108 ORTG / 27.2% USG. That's also elite. The man can get buckets.

Surround him with the offensively challenged 6'9"s and that could be a match made in heaven.
                            I need more for GTJ to be enticed by an undersized SG like Sexton who is probably another Lou Williams but still needs to be convinced that he is a sixth man and not a starter.

The only thing going for Sexton is that he will probably have better chemistry with Scottie Barnes (from that small sample scrimmage we had last summer) and other players on the team but the shooting & defense make it less than ideal player over Trent.

Comment

How about Collin Sexton S&T for Trent Jr?

he is undersized for a combo guard without a solid wing span...his defence is really bad.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I need more for GTJ to be enticed by an undersized SG like Sexton who is probably another Lou Williams but still needs to be convinced that he is a sixth man and not a starter.

The only thing going for Sexton is that he will probably have better chemistry with Scottie Barnes (from that small sample scrimmage we had last summer) and other players on the team but the shooting & defense make it less than ideal player over Trent.

what about gtj for sexton and their pick this year... and something else. for the salaries to match.

Comment

Working...
                                X