Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well looking at it optimisticly, he improved defensively and he is still young, he can continue to improve on that end.
    again I think he will improve but I think if the right option comes alone you pounce on it this is one of the last chances we will have to seriously add talent without giving up one of our core.

Turner is a good example of someone who you could use GTJ as the main salary and asset outgoing.

Comment

• Raptors should trade Siakam + Birch to the Cavs for Allen plus Levert and OG + Flynn/ Brooks to the Hawks for Collins , Cleveland sends Osman through Toronto unto the Hawks.

The Hawks receive two wingmen and move under the Luxury Tax.

The Cavs receive the best player Siakam in the trade as of today. Additionally, there is room for Cavs to sign Rubio.

Raptors, gain two talented players Allen and Collins who are under 25, who are each signed for 4 years.

Raptors , could sign Monk from the Lakers as a Free Agent or my preference is to sign Gary Payton Jr and or Kyle Anderson Than extend Boucher for 3 or 4 years.

Offer Trent , 3 years extension at $75 Million starting at $23.5 Million & Fred the following year 4/$120 Million starting $28 Million.

Lavert can be extended during this year for three years @ $75 Million. For next year, 2023/24 Luxury Tax , The Raptors should be close to the Luxury Tax And are 10 deep

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
        Raptors should trade Siakam + Birch to the Cavs for Allen plus Levert and OG + Flynn/ Brooks to the Hawks for Collins , Cleveland sends Osman through Toronto unto the Hawks.

The Cavs receive the best player Siakam in the trade as of today. Additionally, there is room for Cavs to sign Rubio.

Raptors, gain two talented players Allen and Collins who are under 25, who are each signed for 4 years.

Raptors , could sign Monk from the Lakers as a Free Agent or my preference is to sign Gary Payton Jr and or Kyle Anderson Than extend Boucher for 3 or 4 years.

Offer Trent , 3 years extension at $75 Million starting at $23.5 Million & Fred the following year 4/$120 Million starting $28 Million.

Lavert can be extended during this year for three years @ $75 Million. For next year, 2023/24 Luxury Tax , The Raptors should be close to the Luxury Tax And are 10 deep
        first of all you can't offer gtj a 3 year extension until the ned of next season.

second levert's short tenure on the cavs didn't go well.

Collins doesn't fit well with Allen in my opinion .

You lose a lot of your line up versatility and you move clearly away from positionless. Why?

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

Semantics, but most would say he was better than average over the course of this entire past season. He gambles a bit too much right now, but he’s also only 23, and has just one full year under his belt in the Raps system. He also led the league in steals for a good portion of the season. Why would you lean more on the second half of the season in saying he’s not even average on D? And if he improved so dramatically from Portland to here, why would you think he’s a finished product on that end right now?

A lot of this “trade Gary” talk makes some sense only because we assume none of the other core pieces are likely to be traded and everyone wants to fill the backup PG and C spots immediately. But that doesn’t mean trading him right now makes sense. Trading Trent now should only be a consideration for needed skills coming back - definitely not for a draft pick in 2022. A trade that hasn’t been mentioned but could be a needle mover this summer might be something around Trent and Christian Wood, for instance. If you move him, it needs to come with a good return, given what you are giving up in the “rare skills” category (shooting, iso shot creation). If not, ride with him and think about it again at the deadline.
          When did I say he was a finished product? I responded above to a comment about him being mentioned as a DPOY candidate which is just downright silly, and initially to a comment about the quality of his defence this past year. Said nothing about potential. But if we are grading the roster on defensive potential is he really a piece that stands out in a good way?

The trade Gary talk has everything to do with his pending unrestricted free agency (and the impending raises for the rest of the core as well). Let's not get that twisted.

Absolutely if you move Gary it has to be for a good return. Of course. You don't move him for nothing, and you don't move him for depth. You move him for a guy or a pick you think can turn into a guy who is either a) better than Gary or b) comparable to Gary and is more cost-controlled. The pick in 2022 fits the bill, especially if Masai is the guy doing the drafting, depending on who is available at that pick, a judgment I've learned to leave to Masai rather than imposing my own.

And oh my goodness please no to a Trent-Wood swap.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
            Raptors should trade Siakam + Birch to the Cavs for Allen plus Levert and OG + Flynn/ Brooks to the Hawks for Collins , Cleveland sends Osman through Toronto unto the Hawks.

So... add more long term salary in order to get worse? Pass.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

And oh my goodness please no to a Trent-Wood swap.
              Even I wouldn't do that trade.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Two sources with knowledge of the dynamic told B/R that Anunoby has not directly expressed discontent with his situation with the Raptors. Perhaps the conversation around him has been driven more by external interest in acquiring the fifth-year forward's services.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Two sources with knowledge of the dynamic told B/R that Anunoby has not directly expressed discontent with his situation with the Raptors. Perhaps the conversation around him has been driven more by external interest in acquiring the fifth-year forward's services.
                    Its expected. He is an excellent 3&D wing that can fit anywhere.

This is definitely from external interests, but if there is any reason for OG to want out, its to get a larger offensive role somewhere else. That wouldn't make sense though because he has been given the freedom to expand his game here.

Comment

• After Scottie and Pascal, OG is our best asset. He's got a great contract that doesn't run out immediately, is still young, and is a good 2-way player in the league. And I know the team loves him. But I bet for the right deal he'd be made available.

I don't know enough about this draft.. but if the deal is #7 and Josh Hart for OG.. it could be a bit intriguing. Josh Hart is pretty good. I guess it really depends on who's there at 7 though. We are looking at lottery level guys like that Daniels kid. Plus two Canadians in that range in Sharpe and Mathurin.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        After Scottie and Pascal, OG is our best asset. He's got a great contract that doesn't run out immediately, is still young, and is a good 2-way player in the league. And I know the team loves him. But I bet for the right deal he'd be made available.

I don't know enough about this draft.. but if the deal is #7 and Josh Hart for OG.. it could be a bit intriguing. Josh Hart is pretty good. I guess it really depends on who's there at 7 though. We are looking at lottery level guys like that Daniels kid. Plus two Canadians in that range in Sharpe and Mathurin.
                        if Masai is really interested in Sharpe, Mathurin or Daniels, it could work.

The deal could be set in place if the guy Masai wants is drafted at 7th. If not, then the deal falls through.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

if Masai is really interested in Sharpe, Mathurin or Daniels, it could work.

The deal could be set in place if the guy Masai wants is drafted at 7th. If not, then the deal falls through.
                          Yeah I trust Masai. Also, Josh Hart is really sneaky good. He's just been on bad teams. He's a switchable SG, that takes and makes a lot 3's. I don't really see a huge drop off from OG to Hart. But to get a lottery pick as well is just gravy.

Josh Hart does have a player option after next season though. So we could be in a situation where Fred, Gary and Josh could all opt out and become free agents at the same time. Where as OG is locked up for another year.

Comment

• If I'm trading OG, it's for something more than Josh Hart and a mid-lottery pick. SGA, Murray? ok now we are talking. Using him(as well as some other assets) for a disgruntle star (Durant) No questions.

With all that said, if Masai and co see something in a player that is available at #7, I've learned to trust them. I think we all have PTSD from pre Masai era (Araujo, Bargnani) and even a Masai swing and miss (Bruno). Overall though, if they see something, it's typically something.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

OG is a Klutch client. They do a great job getting every morsel of money, fame, opportunity, etc... for their clients, i.e. player empowerment. Would not be surprised if Rich Paul is in OG's ear telling him he needs to get TF out of Toronto and back to the States on a team where he's the defacto #2 option.

Comment

• How about:

To Raps: S&T Nurkic, Simons, #7
                                To Blazers: OG & Trent

Does the math work?

Comment

Working...
                                X