No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still think they need another guard over a C. Can't go another season with your back up PG's being unplayable. Siakam and Scottie can handle the ball to take some of the load off FVV, but that's going to be a situational thing. It's one thing to let Siakam bring it up with Embiid checking him and another entirely when facing a full court press from say Boston.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

You seem to expect a lot in return for a player you claim was below average defensively and has a has a probable one year rental contract. Why would a team trade a comparable player with better cost control? Or a player with more potential? Like who? Please name a few players you would trade gary for
      I'm not in here proposing trades at the moment, but if any team is looking to win now and bet on a guy they think could expand into a primary scorer, Trent is the sort of bet they might make and might trade a lotto pick for.

He could also be interesting framework for the same reasons in a trade for a bigger salary player a team is looking to move off of, anywhere from a Myles Turner to a Rudy Gobert, but stuff would need to be added on our end I suspect.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

Same feeling here. I'm in no rush to trade Trent, but if I was, I don't see how Christian Wood (+ a pick, like #17 this year) would be a bad exchange. Solves some issues people believe we have at C at 14M next season, then expiring. Can hit some 3s, can definitely score in the post. Raptors culture might pull more out of him?

Again, I'm not advocating to trade Trent; I think it's far more likely they keep him at least until the trade deadline, and that's the path I'd probably take, too. But if you're determined that this is the offseason to use him in a trade before he dashes in FA, then there are worse ideas than Wood, esp. if you believe they need a "true C".
        Wood is not actually good, though, defensively especially. That would be the main issue.

They don't need a true C for the sake of a true C. They need a good true C, or they might as well stick with their current experiment.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

You seem to expect a lot in return for a player you claim was below average defensively and has a has a probable one year rental contract. Why would a team trade a comparable player with better cost control? Or a player with more potential? Like who? Please name a few players you would trade gary for
          LOL

I vote this as an anti kool-aid drinker/ anti echo-chamber off season post of 2022.

you are the best Yuri !

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            It's that time of year for some crazy blockbuster trade ideas. Whatch'all think?

Raps get some youthful upside to match Scottie's timeline + cost control + bench depth.

Starters: Ball, Scottie, P. Williams, Pascal, Precious
            Bench: Caruso, Ayo, D. Williams, Boucher (re-sign), Birch + Thad (maybe) + draft pick + MLE

Bulls get experienced 2-way NBA starters + ton of shooting + championship/all-star pedigree (Fred) to put around DeRozan, Vucevic + Lavine. Also a hedge, if Lavine leaves. Bulls take a flier on the upside of Flynn and Banton and inject some youth.

Starters: FVV, Lavine, DD, OG, Vuc
            Bench: Coby White, Trent, ...
            Yikes this is awful. This is what you guys have been doing here lately? lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I agree with almost all of this but I don't know of too many teams that are in a position to trade for OG, that would make him the #2 option.....would be cool to see what he could do in that opportunity though
              We saw that opportunity this year in October and November. The results weren't that interesting. His efficiency took a dip across the board and even his defense suffered. The Raptors went 7-8 in the first 15 games where OG was a 24% usage guy. 41-26 the rest of the way with a settled pecking order.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

We're doing God's work over here. DanH and I agreed on something, finally... so it must be.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Everyone: "Ya we had a successful season and its looking up from here even if we don't do anything"

Crazy GM golden: "NAH I AM A GAMBLER!! LETS ROLL THE DICE AND DEAL HALF OF THE TEAM!!

Comment

• Is a deal around Og for Mitchell a possibility?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Everyone: "Ya we had a successful season and its looking up from here even if we don't do anything"

Crazy GM golden: "NAH I AM A GAMBLER!! LETS ROLL THE DICE AND DEAL HALF OF THE TEAM!!
                      Let's just be nice guys and give Chicago an Eastern Conference Title. Why would we want that?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                        Is a deal around Og for Mitchell a possibility?
                        yes it would be OG and lets say.. khem birch and svi gets you there. Salary wise. Add a pick perhaps?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Lol. Hey, let’s deal our franchise player, the only American who actually likes Canada, for a disgruntled, injured guy who won’t even report here.

Crazier GM things have happened.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

yes it would be OG and lets say.. khem birch and svi gets you there. Salary wise. Add a pick perhaps?
                            Jazz would be idiots to make that trade.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Jazz would be idiots to make that trade.
                              my point is there are frame works that involve OG out going as the biggest salary outgoing on the raptors side.

Comment

• I don't think we should trade OG btw

Comment

Working...
                                X