Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

I still have no clue how these articles say Jordan is only worth $1.7B when he owns 97% of an NBA franchise. The Hornets are worth more than that alone. Then you add in Jordan brand and everything else and he's well above $2B net worth. I think they just wanna make Lebron seem closer to him than he actually is.

Also funny that article lists Space Jam 2 as a win for Lebron when it lost a ton of money.
    The article mentioned he sold a film production company which was responsible for Space Jam ant around $170M and that the movie grossed $161M worldwide LOL. Not sure how accurate the information I saw was, but it has the Hornets listed at a worth of $1.3B

Comment

I still have no clue how these articles say Jordan is only worth $1.7B when he owns 97% of an NBA franchise. The Hornets are worth more than that alone. Then you add in Jordan brand and everything else and he's well above $2B net worth. I think they just wanna make Lebron seem closer to him than he actually is.

Also funny that article lists Space Jam 2 as a win for Lebron when it lost a ton of money.
      Do they currently operate at a loss?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

What's the complicated part? Fred has always excelled at SG and can guard basically anyone, especially with a super huge backcourt mate.
        Do you expect Fred to defer to Scottie just like that?
        Fred who was supposed to be Kyle's heir apparent?

Comment

forbes is trash, it's no better than buzzfeed or bleacher report. A lot of amateur hour shit being submitted
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

that is the big question. does fred deserve a chance to see if he will? I don't know. That is why I think Dan thinks they will look for trades for both Fred and GTJ ... GTJ is easier to likely trade Fred is tricky.

Comment

Yes.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nice breakdown: I would be happy if the Raptors can sign some of those players.

Comment

Yes.
                  I hope so too

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Nice breakdown: I would be happy if the Raptors can sign some of those players.

yeah I really liked his break down.

Smith has been on my personal radar ... haven't talked about him in a minute because selling him on a role may be harder than we thought. I would love him though.

Comment

I hope so too
                      alot easier to sell someone on a shooting guard role in the same starting line up than a bench role.

Comment

• I didn't watch any OKC games this season, but how did Giddey and SGA share play handling duties this season? They had a bad season so maybe we don't want to emulate them but I'm curious if there was friction or if they found a good balance.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

alot easier to sell someone on a shooting guard role in the same starting line up than a bench role.
                          They can even do the thing where they leave Fred as the nominal PG in their lineup card, have him defend PGs, have him bring up the ball when it's a dead ball, and initiate the set, just make every set a play to run through Scottie or Pascal as the primary creator, run some off ball stuff to get them to their spot, Fred gets them the ball and then scrams. Fred gets his dribbles in but in the actual functioning of the offence he's off the ball.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

They can even do the thing where they leave Fred as the nominal PG in their lineup card, have him defend PGs, have him bring up the ball when it's a dead ball, and initiate the set, just make every set a play to run through Scottie or Pascal as the primary creator, run some off ball stuff to get them to their spot, Fred gets them the ball and then scrams. Fred gets his dribbles in but in the actual functioning of the offence he's off the ball.
                            I will say that yes and no. I think we need to shift away from Fred running in the offence as he slows it down. If you want him defending point guards.. that's cool. Scottie and PAscal should be the primaries point blank period. How they do that is up to them but that is what matters. I am not saying Fred can't touch the ball but his usage needs to taper down... we need to use him where he is elite. It will help his numbers and help the team. Also it helps develop Scottie.

I dont' want to do the thing where we try to make it work for Fred if he is going to slow down the offence or decides to go rogue because he wants an all star bid again.

But I loosely agree.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

The article mentioned he sold a film production company which was responsible for Space Jam ant around $170M and that the movie grossed $161M worldwide LOL. Not sure how accurate the information I saw was, but it has the Hornets listed at a worth of $1.3B
                              Utah sold for $1.7B in 2020. Charlotte is definitely a more valuable franchise because of the city and region, and I wouldn't expect any NBA team to sell for less than $2B at this point.

Jordan makes more profit every year off the Hornets than Lebron makes in a year off everything he's doing. Can't understate what a cash windfall it is to own an NBA team these days. They only go up.

Another article I read was jerking off Lebron for his 1% stake in the Red Sox. Give me a break.

Comment

Utah sold for $1.7B in 2020. Charlotte is definitely a more valuable franchise because of the city and region, and I wouldn't expect any NBA team to sell for less than $2B at this point.

Jordan makes more profit every year off the Hornets than Lebron makes in a year off everything he's doing. Can't understate what a cash windfall it is to own an NBA team these days. They only go up.

Another article I read was jerking off Lebron for his 1% stake in the Red Sox. Give me a break.
                                Liverpool?

Comment

Working...
                                X