Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I will say that yes and no. I think we need to shift away from Fred running in the offence as he slows it down. If you want him defending point guards.. that's cool. Scottie and PAscal should be the primaries point blank period. How they do that is up to them but that is what matters. I am not saying Fred can't touch the ball but his usage needs to taper down... we need to use him where he is elite. It will help his numbers and help the team. Also it helps develop Scottie.

I dont' want to do the thing where we try to make it work for Fred if he is going to slow down the offence or decides to go rogue because he wants an all star bid again.

But I loosely agree.
    Literally nothing you said there contradicts my suggestion at all.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

Who you think would be a good MLE target that fits that? Malik Monk? Oladipo?
      If they want 3+D Gary Harris is a good name, if they want someone with a little more ball handling I'd love to see a return of Delon Wright.

Oladipo is interesting but seems maybe a little broken on the offensive end. And may want enough usage that that's a hindrance. Then there are the injuries... Monk doesn't really fit their defensive identity I don't think.

But really if they are trying to limit term it is very hard to predict who will see their market bottom out and be most open to a short term deal like that. Might be a beggars can't be choosers situation, though last time they tried that they ended up with Aron Baynes.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Literally nothing you said there contradicts my suggestion at all.
        I guess I want to emphasize that we don't pick up a point guard and soak up minutes from scottie or pascal's play making

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If they want 3+D Gary Harris is a good name, if they want someone with a little more ball handling I'd love to see a return of Delon Wright.

Oladipo is interesting but seems maybe a little broken on the offensive end. And may want enough usage that that's a hindrance. Then there are the injuries... Monk doesn't really fit their defensive identity I don't think.

But really if they are trying to limit term it is very hard to predict who will see their market bottom out and be most open to a short term deal like that. Might be a beggars can't be choosers situation, though last time they tried that they ended up with Aron Baynes.
          that's why I think they need to be serious and target one or two guys and go for them... but they can't be splitting up the mid level

Comment

oh yes me likey I thought about batum but it depends how much he has left in the tank because he is getting older.

Bruce Brown is the other one. His defence was solid and he is younger.
            We need wings that can shoot. Bruce Brown can't shoot. Pass.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

We need wings that can shoot. Bruce Brown can't shoot. Pass.
              ...... he shot 40% from 3

that trend continued on in the playoffs where he shot 43% on 3.5 attempts

Comment

• A guy that could work well in the second unit might be Patty Mills. He works with any combination of the starters + the bench guys.

Just not sure what sort of offer it would take to bring him in.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  A guy that could work well in the second unit might be Patty Mills. He works with any combination of the starters + the bench guys.

Just not sure what sort of offer it would take to bring him in.
                  his defence is lacking and he is on the older end ... I like him but yeah. smart player though.

Comment

his defence is lacking and he is on the older end ... I like him but yeah. smart player though.
                    Yeah not a long term piece, but hopefully long enough to develop Banton and Flynn. Good shooter and works on defense as you would expect from a former Spur.

Mills and Thad can prop up a second unit with one of the starters, the Butcher and say they go for a scoring wing like McGowens?

I like the idea of adding a vet guard like Mills or Rubio.

Comment

Yeah not a long term piece, but hopefully long enough to develop Banton and Flynn. Good shooter and works on defense as you would expect from a former Spur.

Mills and Thad can prop up a second unit with one of the starters, the Butcher and say they go for a scoring wing like McGowens?

I like the idea of adding a vet guard like Mills or Rubio.
                      don't see how he helps flynn. I don't think he will play if you want a vet point guard specifically rubio sure but I just think they stay younger than 30.

Comment

• Flynn can't play with other guards?

Comment

Flynn can't play with other guards?
                          no my point is patty mills won't be teaching flynn about defence.

also are we sure flynn can be a rotation level player on this team or does he just not fit this style.

Comment

no my point is patty mills won't be teaching flynn about defence.

also are we sure flynn can be a rotation level player on this team or does he just not fit this style.
                            No question Flynn is an NBA caliber talent.
                            He needs no mentor, what he needs is playing minutes.

But is he a good fit in what the Raptors are currently building, like you mentioned.
                            He can switch to SG, but can he play D?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

No question Flynn is an NBA caliber talent.
                              He needs no mentor, what he needs is playing minutes.

But is he a good fit in what the Raptors are currently building, like you mentioned.
                              He can switch to SG, but can he play D?
                              We tried him in more of a SG role last ear though and it barely worked. That is why he had the ultimate green light at summer league ....his defence is OK it isn't great he has the tools. offensively he struggles to assert himself enough. I suppose that is ok because it isn't like he forces it but still. Did he deserve a longer lease? yes. He could have also produced more in general but I don't know.

For example could we work a sign and trade to help facilitate the acquisition of jalen smith?

Comment

• Jalen Brunson and Fred are setting the market for each other. Been calling Brunson FVV's doppelganger for years now.

Comment

Working...
                                X