Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Nice breakdown: I would be happy if the Raptors can sign some of those players.

Some how getting Jalen Smith (I was high on him during that draft) and Delon Wright would be a great summer. Jalen Smith for a large part of the midlevel, if not the full midlevel and a sign and trade for Delon, might get it done. We have what ever is left from the midlevel and the 4.8M Trade Exception, from the Lowry deal, and a second rounder to offer Atlanta

Otto Porter could be a good third option.

If we somehow land Jalen Smith, Maybe Boucher or Birch could be sent out to land another player. We also have Flynn, as semi sweetener.
    Last edited by saints91; Sun Jun 5, 2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Some how getting Jalen Smith (I was high on him during that draft) and Delon Wright would be a great summer. Jalen Smith for a large part of the midlevel, if not the full midlevel and a sign and trade for Delon, might get it done. We have what ever is left from the midlevel and the 4.8M Trade Exception, from the Lowry deal, and a second rounder to offer Atlanta

Otto Porter could be a good third option.

If we somehow land Jalen Smith, Maybe Boucher or Birch could be sent out to land another player. We also have Flynn, as semi sweetener.
      Jalen Harris would be great. I think he can potentially also be added to our center/forward rotation and he would get real actual minutes too. I do agree that we would have to consider sending birch out to make the minutes work but it would be potentially worth it. Delon would also be interesting I wouldn't be mad...

I don't know I know its not a big splashy free agency but there are a lot available role players that are solid and I think that it could be a big difference next year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's still a dumb thing to be praising him for. They invited him to have that token 1% stake because he's a huge celebrity. It's not like it was some savvy business decision.
        He was not brought on as a celebrity, Lebron previously purchased 2% of Liverpool FC, than exchanged his ownership for 1% of Fenway Sports. Lebron says some crazy stuff, however don’t diminish his business acumen.

There is a number of business transactions in his career, Springhill movie production company, Beats Audio, Blaze Pizza, real estate purchases, & Fenway Sports, his Shoe Deal with Nike which pays him $32 Million a year, this is a substantial part of Lebron’s commitment to better himself.

Junior Bridgeman was my other NBA player who bettered himself in his business career.
        Last edited by Heatdreamer; Sun Jun 5, 2022, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Quinn Snyder has stepped down as head coach of the Jazz. Raptors' assistant Adrian Griffin again listed as one of the potential candidates

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

He was not brought on as a celebrity, Lebron previously purchased 2% of Liverpool FC, than exchanged his ownership for 1% of Fenway Sports. Lebron says some crazy stuff, however don’t diminish his business acumen.

There is a number of business transactions in his career, Springhill movie production company, Beats Audio, Blaze Pizza, real estate purchases, & Fenway Sports, his Shoe Deal with Nike which pays him $32 Million a year, this is a substantial part of Lebron’s commitment to better himself.

Junior Bridgeman was my other NBA player who bettered himself in his business career.
            did they finally outline that he basically owns the biggest agency in sports?

Comment

And how was he able to purchase 2% of Liverpool FC? Entirely due to his celebrity status would be the answer. That's not offered to anyone else.

Comment

And how was he able to purchase 2% of Liverpool FC? Entirely due to his celebrity status would be the answer. That's not offered to anyone else.
                I will say he has taken full advantage of his brand name but yeah a lot of these things wouldn't be available to him otherwise.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Jalen Brunson and Fred are setting the market for each other. Been calling Brunson FVV's doppelganger for years now.

Knicks are dirty, they just hired Jalen Brunson's dad for a position an assistant coach. I hope that clown run organization doesn't get him for such a low level tactics.

Comment

Multiple athletes have purchased a percentage of ownership for various sports organization. I find your response pejorative and unnecessary.

Shaq O’Neal at one time owned % of the Kings. I believe their are baseball and football players who continuously attempt and achieve in purchasing sports teams.

Comment

Multiple athletes have purchased a percentage of ownership for various sports organization. I find your response pejorative and unnecessary.

Shaq O’Neal at one time owned % of the Kings. I believe their are baseball and football players who continuously attempt and achieve in purchasing sports teams.
                      right but they are all also celebrities.

Comment

You literally just proved my point. These token team ownership deals are only available to superstar athletes and are more akin to an endorsement deal than a savvy investment.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Quinn Snyder has stepped down as head coach of the Jazz. Raptors' assistant Adrian Griffin again listed as one of the potential candidates
                          It's unusual because successful coaches don't usually walk away from jobs in these situations. Curious to see where he ends up or if he takes time away.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's unusual because successful coaches don't usually walk away from jobs in these situations. Curious to see where he ends up or if he takes time away.
                            I think he'd have to take some time away or Utah would be owed compensation if he signed elsewhere.

Comment

• There was rumors Quinn was going to be pops succesor. Maybe we see pop retire this offseason and the resignation makes more sense.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Reminds me of the Carlisle resignation. Sometimes it's to save face for the organization and the coach so not to publicly fire the coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X