Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    There was rumors Quinn was going to be pops succesor. Maybe we see pop retire this offseason and the resignation makes more sense.
    That would make sense if Snyder was an assistant, but he's already a HC. Not like the Spurs gig is more glamorous right?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That would make sense if Snyder was an assistant, but he's already a HC. Not like the Spurs gig is more glamorous right?
      I think it is. Being the hand picked successor of pop probably holds alot weight to coaches
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Spurs are going through a transition but they have a strong overall organization

Comment

• I would consider the San Antonio job a much worse job than Utah just based on talent. They've got arguably the greatest coach ever and he can't even make the playoffs with this roster. So unless Quinn is going to outperform Pop it's not a great gig. If he was handing off a contender it would be a lot different. Years ago Budenholzer was supposed to take the reigns when San Antonio was still a top team but Pop didn't wanna retire, so here we are. Quinn is probably the 4th or 5th coach rumored to be Pops successor, they always end up becoming a head coach somewhere else because Pop won't retire.

If Quinn is smart he sits out a season and then walks into the best head coaching gig available next offseason. There will be a real contender looking to make a change to get over the hump.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            I would consider the San Antonio job a much worse job than Utah just based on talent. They've got arguably the greatest coach ever and he can't even make the playoffs with this roster. So unless Quinn is going to outperform Pop it's not a great gig. If he was handing off a contender it would be a lot different. Years ago Budenholzer was supposed to take the reigns when San Antonio was still a top team but Pop didn't wanna retire, so here we are. Quinn is probably the 4th or 5th coach rumored to be Pops successor, they always end up becoming a head coach somewhere else because Pop won't retire.

If Quinn is smart he sits out a season and then walks into the best head coaching gig available next offseason. There will be a real contender looking to make a change to get over the hump.
            they need to basically just go into a tank

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Spurs are going through a transition but they have a strong overall organization
              How strong are the Spurs lately, though? They haven't hit a homerun in free agency, draft or trade since getting Kawhi... a decade ago. They are now almost the very definition of being on the treadmill and in no-man's land. There's also some rumblings of the franchise eyeing Austin as a new home.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

How strong are the Spurs lately, though? They haven't hit a homerun in free agency, draft or trade since getting Kawhi... a decade ago. They are now almost the very definition of being on the treadmill and in no-man's land. There's also some rumblings of the franchise eyeing Austin as a new home.
                Yeah, unfortunately for them they have a bottom 5 roster but Pop is such a good coach he's got them finishing top 15 every season.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

And Utah doesn't?

It's not normal practice for a HC to leave an organization where they are valued and doing well, for another job. Especially when the other job is a less desirable spot like San Antonio where they are undergoing a rebuild. Highly doubt the Spurs are looked upon as a high profile spot like the Lakers, New York etc.

That's why I mentioned what happened with Carlisle last year. Left a team that was in the playoffs and had a top 5-10 player on the roster already for a gig with Indiana where a rebuild was taking place. Then later on we hear about friction between Carlisle and Luka. I'd imagine there was something happening behind closed doors between Snyder and one of the stars or with upper management.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately for them they have a bottom 5 roster but Pop is such a good coach he's got them finishing top 15 every season.
                    They haven't been top 15 for 4 years now...last 3 years: 11th West (19th overall)...10th West (20th overall)...10th West (22nd overall)....true definition of treadmill, bad enough to miss playoff revenue, good enough to miss a top 10 pick
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

They haven't been top 15 for 4 years now...last 3 years: 11th West (19th overall)...10th West (20th overall)...10th West (22nd overall)....true definition of treadmill, bad enough to miss playoff revenue, good enough to miss a top 10 pick
                      Yeah I didn't look up their picks but this is what I meant. It's impossible to be bad enough to get good draft picks if Pop is your coach.

They have the 9th and 20th pick in this years draft. Given how weak the draft is they aren't getting that superstar player. I'm sure they'll end up with some decent guys though, just good enough to keep them fighting for that play in spot and missing out on a good draft pick.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                        Draft a good SG.
                        Even if we need to trade a piece to get it,
                        I don't care.
                        We really need a good young SG prospect.
                        if one is available or falls sure.. like if Jaden Hardy falls take him if not take BPA

Comment

And Utah doesn't?

It's not normal practice for a HC to leave an organization where they are valued and doing well, for another job. Especially when the other job is a less desirable spot like San Antonio where they are undergoing a rebuild. Highly doubt the Spurs are looked upon as a high profile spot like the Lakers, New York etc.

That's why I mentioned what happened with Carlisle last year. Left a team that was in the playoffs and had a top 5-10 player on the roster already for a gig with Indiana where a rebuild was taking place. Then later on we hear about friction between Carlisle and Luka. I'd imagine there was something happening behind closed doors between Snyder and one of the stars or with upper management.
                          I mean they just had a major front office change so that is just what happens... also SA is on the rise again Utah hasn't even started to tear their team down yet.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

they haven't drafted low enough ... which has been part of the issue.. they tried to have a stop gap with demar.... and held on to aldrige for too long

Comment

I would consider the San Antonio job a much worse job than Utah just based on talent. They've got arguably the greatest coach ever and he can't even make the playoffs with this roster. So unless Quinn is going to outperform Pop it's not a great gig. If he was handing off a contender it would be a lot different.
                              Just wait until they have the steal of the draft with the Raptors pick.

Comment

• Blazers are heavily targeting OG and Ayton to put around Dame. What's the best 3-way trade between the Suns, Blazers and Raps to make that happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X