Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

"Since March"?

If this is a long-standing source, and there's any merit to the report, what a weird time for the supposed discontentment to pop up; that's when we were making our move up the standings, right?

If this is not a long-standing source, and there's any merit to the report, we can ask ourselves who would have gained access to the team starting in March.

I think there's either some human angle to the story that Jake isn't taking into account (e.g. is Jake hearing this from Malachi Flynn's father, and the trigger for the reports of discontent is Malachi remaining a Raptor post-trade-deadline?), or Jake is doubling down on OG being unhappy after his original story.

It's worth noting that GTJ is no shrinking violet, and if *he* was discontented, it would have likely come out already through non-Jake sources, and he's the starter-level player that's most likely to be discontented, in my opinion.
    OG’s usage started the season around 24% and gradually declined to around 17%. That’s a pretty big drop. Trent’s USG was relatively flat at around 22% all season long, except for that stretch when he went nuclear.

If we’re going by USG, then OG is definitely the starter who should be more discontented than Trent.

Comment

• Considering there's 3 players that barely get minutes (Svi, Yuta, Flynn)... I would say there's a bunch of guys that aren't happy with their roles, I doubt it's anyone else in that top 8 besides OG.

Honestly I can see OG wanting more touches, nothing is wrong with that. I hope he takes a leap this summer, and can stay healthy.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

OG’s usage started the season around 24% and gradually declined to around 17%. That’s a pretty big drop. Trent’s USG was relatively flat at around 22% all season long, except for that stretch when he went nuclear.

If we’re going by USG, then OG is definitely the starter who should be more discontented than Trent.
        Tough to argue that though. The late season (post-all-star) sample is from 6 total games played between March and April, he was just hurt a lot (and therefore when he did play he was largely coming back from injury) late in the season. March would be a weird timeline for OG to be disgruntled with his role since he barely played. He then also played only 2 games in April, missing more time to injury. Like, either he was suddenly leaking his disgruntlement sometime in March which would put him between 2 to 5 weeks after his last game played before injury, or he was suddenly disgruntled in the middle of a 5 game win streak as he worked back from injury. Either is weird. This story stinks of just covering for the earlier story.

Meanwhile he was 2nd to Pascal on the team in playoff usage (2nd to him in playoff minutes per game too). Team and he seem pretty clear on how he is valued.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Could this be the busiest offseason in the NBA?

….one of the two of Utah’s biggest Stars could be the first domino to fall.

we may have to find out soon

Comment

• raptors have asked about rudy gobert….OG included in talks as per the athletic
            Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Jun 11, 2022, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• my trade OG and trent for gobert and nick alexsander walker we can give them our second this year and flynn
              Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Jun 11, 2022, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• maybe we could get clarkson in that trade

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  my trade OG and trent for gobert and nick alexsander walker we can give them our second this year and flynn
                  why on earth would you give up OG and a second rounder? when he is the best overall player in the deal? AND trent?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    my trade OG and trent for gobert and nick alexsander walker we can give them our second this year and flynn
                    We can use either Thad or Boucher here as sign and trades to make the salary work.

OG + Thad for Gobert + NAW

This works salary wise.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We can use either Thad or Boucher here as sign and trades to make the salary work.

OG + Thad for Gobert + NAW

This works salary wise.
                      can they toss in a pick for taking on a crippling contract?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

can they toss in a pick for taking on a crippling contract?
                        I don't consider his contract to be crippling, and I'd bet most NBA teams don't either and would gladly trade for Gobert. Getting NAW back gives us a cheaper guard off the bench but I think we'd also need to make a separate of Trent for a draft pick and expiring to reduce salaries some more.

Comment

I don't consider his contract to be crippling, and I'd bet most NBA teams don't either and would gladly trade for Gobert. Getting NAW back gives us a cheaper guard off the bench but I think we'd also need to make a separate of Trent for a draft pick and expiring to reduce salaries some more.
                          I just want bogdonavic and the 16th... rudy is a huge risk. I look at the warriors as a good example of ok you have this high level defensive talent who produces nothing offensively and draymond is significantly more versatile defensively. Rudy would require that we change our entire defensive strategy and he has almost zero offensive skillls.

Comment

If paying $40M+ per year for a guy you might not be able to play in the playoffs when it matters, isn’t crippling to roster building… I don’t know what is. And then you’d double down with NAW… he of the career 98 ORTG. Lol. What kind of ten-for-the-win comedy is this?

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/ca.spor...204431169.html

How reliable is this.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If paying $40M+ per year for a guy you might not be able to play in the playoffs when it matters, isn’t crippling to roster building… I don’t know what is. And then you’d double down with NAW… he of the career 98 ORTG. Lol. What kind of ten-for-the-win comedy is this?
                                I'm not saying the Raptors should trade for Gobert(that contract is horrendous). But I have a question, who's the better player? Rudy Gobert or Robert Williams?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X