Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

why on earth would you give up OG and a second rounder? when he is the best overall player in the deal? AND trent?
    how is OG the best player in the deal i want stats lmao

Comment

can they toss in a pick for taking on a crippling contract?
      i get the contract but when your trying to build a team i think gobert has a player has at least 5 years left while og is injury prone

Comment

• true i get it u look at rudy as bad contract…
        i did say it at the begin of the season scottie and OG and redundant but that’s neither here nor there. OG is injury prone and we need a center: scottie pascal is the core u add rudy. we talked about this before it can be schemed that’s enough for me.

Scottie point SG SF pascal rudy
        or
        scottie point SG pascal PF rudy

those 2 last spot u need spacers

on defensive we good

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I'm not saying the Raptors should trade for Gobert(that contract is horrendous). But I have a question, who's the better player? Rudy Gobert or Robert Williams?
          rudy

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I'm not saying the Raptors should trade for Gobert(that contract is horrendous). But I have a question, who's the better player? Rudy Gobert or Robert Williams?
            overall i'd pick the younger player on the better contract

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

how is OG the best player in the deal i want stats lmao
              he is a two way player

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                true i get it u look at rudy as bad contract…
                i did say it at the begin of the season scottie and OG and redundant but that’s neither here nor there. OG is injury prone and we need a center: scottie pascal is the core u add rudy. we talked about this before it can be schemed that’s enough for me.

Scottie point SG SF pascal rudy
                or
                scottie point SG pascal PF rudy

those 2 last spot u need spacers

on defensive we good
                i'd rather trade for the 6th pick and Myles turner than get rudy

our defence wasn't the major issue it was our offence down the stretch of last year and rudy can't play in a switching style

Comment

• There is a lot in the last few pages about OG trades. Were the rumors he is unhappy with his role on the Raptors verified or are we just chatting to fill time?

It's a pretty significant change to the roster if true.

While a high draft pick coming back for a trade of either Trent or OG is big, it still pushes back the window for contention by a couple years, minimum. And we are already a couple years away based on the progress Barnes and especially Precious are able to make.

Comment

• Masai ain't trading OG..ppl need 2 F%## wake up..as for Gary Trent, I can c him moving, also Freddy eventually, maybe next year..If I was the GM, I would move Gary and Freddy.
                    This stuff about moving OG a 6'8 monster, who everyone wants, bc his so versatile and can defend anybody..especially in the east, where the guards are all big, you are gonna move him..lol..
                    Let's go with bunch of midgets at the back end, Freddy is 5 10 and Gary is what 6 3, that is just dumb.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      There is a lot in the last few pages about OG trades. Were the rumors he is unhappy with his role on the Raptors verified or are we just chatting to fill time?

It's a pretty significant change to the roster if true.

While a high draft pick coming back for a trade of either Trent or OG is big, it still pushes back the window for contention by a couple years, minimum. And we are already a couple years away based on the progress Barnes and especially Precious are able to make.
                      It's all coming from Jake Fischer but every basketball news site is reporting on it and he's listed as one of the top 5 guys talked about in trades so it would be pretty stupid for us to not be discussing it here. It's the only "news" about the Raptors coming out besides draft workouts. Long offseason, gotta talk about something.

It's not just OG though, we're in every single article talking about Gobert trades and he is extremely likely to be dealt.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's all coming from Jake Fischer but every basketball news site is reporting on it and he's listed as one of the top 5 guys talked about in trades so it would be pretty stupid for us to not be discussing it here. It's the only "news" about the Raptors coming out besides draft workouts. Long offseason, gotta talk about something.

It's not just OG though, we're in every single article talking about Gobert trades and he is extremely likely to be dealt.
                        I may have to take a break from this team if we do that

Comment

• I have no interest in Gobert… especially in a trade involving OG. Not sure if there’s any package I could but together that I would be comfortable making that trade.

Fred + a Boucher S&T??? Still don’t love it

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I have no interest in Gobert… especially in a trade involving OG. Not sure if there’s any package I could but together that I would be comfortable making that trade.

Fred + a Boucher S&T??? Still don’t love it
                            I think the Jazz will trade Mitchell and end up potentially being stuck with gobert unless there is some how a trade for charlotte.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Fischer is pretty reliable though. He broke a Raptors story last year(I can't remember what it was now), he was also the one that first tweeted last year that the Raptors had serious interest in Scottie Barnes. He was the first one that broke that story. Remember? this board went nuts because a lot of people here wante the Raptors to draft Suggs.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

overall i'd pick the younger player on the better contract
                                Forget about the contract and age(Gobert is only 29). Who's the better player?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X