Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Would you guys trade OG for Poeltl? there was a report a couple of days ago that SA is one of the teams that are interested in Ogugua.
    Turner > Poeltl imo, and I wouldn't trade OG for either, partly because I believe in Precious as the starting C of the future
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Turner > Poeltl imo, and I wouldn't trade OG for either, partly because I believe in Precious as the starting C of the future
      defensively poeltl overall turner... I like the idea of turner and then signing turner to an extension in the future because he will still be valuable and you can trade him when precious is ready no need to rush precious into the starting line up just bring him along.

Comment

Would you guys trade OG for Poeltl? there was a report a couple of days ago that SA is one of the teams that are interested in Ogugua.
        absolutely not

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Myles turner is back in the news...I'd offer GTJ and a protected first.. and then they would want OG not gary ..
          they aren't getting og

Comment

• All these C rumours are great fits for a Trent trade and none of them are good fits for an OG trade.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

defensively poeltl overall turner... I like the idea of turner and then signing turner to an extension in the future because he will still be valuable and you can trade him when precious is ready no need to rush precious into the starting line up just bring him along.
              Agreed. That's why I said I would trade for Turner (or even Poeltl) in a GTJ swap...but would do neither in an OG swap. If we didn't HAVE precious, I'd consider it but I think we can groom him to be an elite 2 way center by the time he's 25.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Gobert is 29 in his prime and just had his best season ever. It's not a good comparison on many levels.

Responding to others, I totally disagree with the take that Utah used Gobert this way so we need to use him the same exact way. Very close minded. Gobert is great in pick and rolls, so is every freaking center in the NBA, it's literally the easiest offensive set for centers. Nurse isn't a cookie cutter kids YMCA coach. He can get more out of Gobert than just pick and rolls, there are a ton more ways to get guys the ball near the basket. We also should run more pick and roll but we didn't have a center to make it worthwhile, with Gobert we would.

Would we adjust the offense and defense if we got Gobert? Of course we would!

Nurse has run a different system almost every season. You guys are acting like we did an all 6'9 lineup since he took over but we used to run a lineup with Lowry and Fred as the guards. He's a great coach and adjusts the roster to maximize our strengths. This season it was go positionless and it worked, we were the 5th seed with a roster that was the same as the team that got the 4th overall pick a season prior. Nurse is not Dwane Casey, he will run whatever maximizes our chances of winning.
                very well said i expect gobert to be on the raptors at the start of the season it makes too much sense defensively i am not worried about the offense.

Comment

• if OG is here next season i will be shocked.!i wonder how bad all the supporter of OG are going to kick him in his back once he is gone

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    All these C rumours are great fits for a Trent trade and none of them are good fits for an OG trade.
                    How many teams want a one year rental?

Comment

Literally every team, including the Raptors, is interested in having a big 2-way, switchable wing who can shoot 3s and do a bit more on their roster. If the Celtics win the chip, OG’s trade value might be the highest it will ever be.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

How many teams want a one year rental?
                        Some, not all, not even many.

How many Masai Ujiris will lose a trade for the sake of making one? OG's not moving for a solid C. He's moving for a star or not at all.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How many Masai Ujiris will lose a trade for the sake of making one? OG's not moving for a solid C. He's moving for a star or not at all.
                          Yeah, Gobert and Ayton are the only 2 star centers available.

Capela is just a solid C and not worth OG. Trent for Capela would be fine but I don't think it makes much sense for Atlanta since they already have Bogdanovic and no clear replacement for Capela unless they're really high on Okongwu.

Comment

I mean for trent. SA wont want his contract in a poetl trade. Utah wont. What C is trent gonna get us? Seems like a tricky contract to move unless its a trade deadline deal for someone wanting to get over the hump and trade some future picks for him

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah, Gobert and Ayton are the only 2 star centers available.

Capela is just a solid C and not worth OG. Trent for Capela would be fine but I don't think it makes much sense for Atlanta since they already have Bogdanovic and no clear replacement for Capela unless they're really high on Okongwu.
                              And neither Ayton nor Gobert are great fits for Toronto. And neither PHX nor Utah are giving those guys away. And Masai ain’t trading OG for either of them. Nothing there for Raps except rumours, in my opinion. Capela doesn’t raise the bar, Precious is not far off that level of talent.

At least we’ve moved on from the “OG for the 7th pick” nonsense.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

And neither Ayton nor Gobert are great fits for Toronto. And neither PHX nor Utah are giving those guys away. And Masai ain’t trading OG for either of them. Nothing there for Raps except rumours, in my opinion. Capela doesn’t raise the bar, Precious is not far off that level of talent.

At least we’ve moved on from the “OG for the 7th pick” nonsense.
                                If you can trade for a star center like Gobert or Ayton you do it and then make them fit by adjusting the schemes. As I said before, we are not married to the system we ran this season, it was just the best system for the players we had. If you get Ayton or Gobert you adjust to utilize their strengths. Nurse runs a different system every year based on personnel and he certainly sounded like he'd welcome a star center in this post season presser.

Comment

Working...
                                X