Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

friendly bet he is gone
    under what timeline... ? you mean between now and the start of free agency?

Comment

• Big ass data dump on Raptors off-season intel & rumors from Blake Murphy. Contrary to what DanH speculated, Blake says that the Raptors would trade OG for a center who would have to be an overall skill upgrade to OG.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/raptors-...chris-boucher/

Comment

• All this talk about wanting to trade OG for a center upgrade really points out how we missed out on getting Jarrett Allen in the Harden trade last year. All it cost the Cavs was a 2022 1st rounder and a 2027 2nd rounder + Dante Exum filler. All we got for our 2022 1st rounder was a Thad Young rental and moving 13 spots down in the draft.

Jarrett Allen is basically Rudy Gobert East for half the price and a lot younger.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          All this talk about wanting to trade OG for a center upgrade really points out how we missed out on getting Jarrett Allen in the Harden trade last year. All it cost the Cavs was a 2022 1st rounder and a 2027 2nd rounder + Dante Exum filler. All we got for our 2022 1st rounder was a Thad Young rental and moving 13 spots down in the draft.

Jarrett Allen is basically Rudy Gobert East for half the price and a lot younger.
          Why would we do that though.

Comment

Big ass data dump on Raptors off-season intel & rumors from Blake Murphy. Contrary to what DanH speculated, Blake says that the Raptors would trade OG for a center who would have to be an overall skill upgrade to OG.

I was gonna post this but you beat me to it. Backs up a lot of what we've been saying in the forums. This will be an interesting offseason for sure.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Why would we do that though.
              Maybe because we’ve been linked to every center trade rumor out there for the last 2 season and quite possibly could use one.

Comment

Maybe because we’ve been linked to every center trade rumor out there for the last 2 season and quite possibly could use one.
                but why would we give up og for allen

Comment

• you don't want to make a desperation deal.... you don't want to do knee jerk reaction decision making that is how you make bad decisions. I agree that you don't want to be overly patient for ever but there is a time and a place for execution.... if you are trading OG then why not get Turner and the 6th pick? Even then I would be very hesitant to pull the trigger on that but yeah.

Not saying Indiana does that but as a frame work for a deal if they are saying no to the #7 and Josh Hart then why are they saying yes to Allen. I don't know if I think Allen has a ton of additional skills to add to be a significantly better player than who he is at this exact point. He may be able to be more effective and efficient at what he does but I don't think he has additional skill sets to add.

Comment

but why would we give up og for allen
                    That’s kind of what I’m also saying. We should’ve just traded the pick for Allen last season so we wouldn’t even be having these conversations about OG for a center.

Comment

That’s kind of what I’m also saying. We should’ve just traded the pick for Allen last season so we wouldn’t even be having these conversations about OG for a center.
                      ah now I gotchu yes I agree.

Comment

Big ass data dump on Raptors off-season intel & rumors from Blake Murphy. Contrary to what DanH speculated, Blake says that the Raptors would trade OG for a center who would have to be an overall skill upgrade to OG.

So you got the actual statement wrong. This is an exact quote:

"I think the Raptors would rather go into the season without a traditional center than trade OG for a center who is a worse player than OG is overall. They’re pretty committed to this 6-foot-9 (frontcourt) vision. They’re probably watching the Warriors and Celtics in a series where nobody playing key minutes is bigger than 6-foot-10, so you can do it. If you’re high on Precious Achiuwa as they are, do you trade Anunoby for a center who’s going to block some of Achiuwa’s minutes?"

So that is the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. Not sure what Dan has suggested thus far because I forget... and its not even just an audio form.. its literally written word for word.
                        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Mon Jun 13, 2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

"I think the Raptors would rather go into the season without a traditional center than trade OG for a center who is a worse player than OG is overall. They’re pretty committed to this 6-foot-9 (frontcourt) vision. They’re probably watching the Warriors and Celtics in a series where nobody playing key minutes is bigger than 6-foot-10, so you can do it. If you’re high on Precious Achiuwa as they are, do you trade Anunoby for a center who’s going to block some of Achiuwa’s minutes?"

So that is the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. Not sure what Dan has suggested thus far because I forget
                          Read much?

Sotto: “For Toronto to consider trading Anunoby, it would have to be a substantial trade package for the soon-to-be 25-year-old forward along the lines of a noteworthy upgrade at center”

Murphy: “your league sources are right.”
                          Last edited by golden; Mon Jun 13, 2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Read much?

Sotto: “For Toronto to consider trading Anunoby, it would have to be a substantial trade package for the soon-to-be 25-year-old forward along the lines of a noteworthy upgrade at center”

Murphy: “your league sources are right.”
                            That wasn't blake that said that... that was the hoops hype guy setting up the topic:

Full quote:

Scotto: The Toronto Raptors are not looking to trade OG Anunoby, league sources told HoopsHype. For Toronto to consider trading Anunoby, it would have to be a substantial trade package for the soon-to-be 25-year-old forward along the lines of a noteworthy upgrade at center or a top-10 draft pick.

Toronto has been linked to several centers such as Rudy Gobert, Myles Turner, Jusuf Nurkic, Jakob Poeltl, Nicolas Claxton, etc.

To answer your question yes I did read "much".

Now I will go on to blakes initial reply:

Murphy: Your league sources are right. It would take a lot for the Raptors to move Anunoby. Masai Ujiri loves this kid. He’s really good. He’s an all-world defender. He’s very efficient when he’s playing a tertiary lower usage spot-up dominant role. They still think there’s some upside in his self-creation game.

and the important part of that first initial response.

Blake:
                            "As it pertains to the Raptors’ interest in a trade, I don’t think it’s any secret that OG would be the most logical trade chip in a lot of scenarios. While I think the team would prefer to trade Gary Trent Jr., he only has one year left before he can opt out. If you’re talking in terms of value that another team might see in a guy, it’s not quite the same since OG has an extra year on his deal, and he’s about the same price and a better all-around player.
                            "

Very next paragraph:

"
                            Murphy: I don’t think Gobert is a reasonable target for the Raptors because they’d have to give up two pieces of their core to make the money work. Dan Tolzman, their assistant GM, was at a pre-draft workout media session the other day and was asked if he thinks the No. 7 pick could turn into Anunoby (as in to develop into a similar caliber player like Anunoby over time). He said the way Anunoby’s going, probably not.
                            "

Then right after that he says exactly what I quoted previously:

"I think the Raptors would rather go into the season without a traditional center than trade OG for a center who is a worse player than OG is overall. They’re pretty committed to this 6-foot-9 (frontcourt) vision. They’re probably watching the Warriors and Celtics in a series where nobody playing key minutes is bigger than 6-foot-10, so you can do it. If you’re high on Precious Achiuwa as they are, do you trade Anunoby for a center who’s going to block some of Achiuwa’s minutes?
                            "

After that Hoops Hype man says

"Scotto: Precious is a guy Ujiri, from what I’ve heard, is a really big fan of.
                            "

then they move on to talk about FVV.

Like I said you were incorrect in what you were saying... even more confusing with the Jarrett Allen if I am understanding your initial suggestion was to trade for Jarrett... If it wasn't then I am not sure why you brought it up.
                            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Mon Jun 13, 2022, 10:41 PM.

Comment

That wasn't blake that said that... that was the hoops hype guy setting up the topic:

Full quote:

Scotto: The Toronto Raptors are not looking to trade OG Anunoby, league sources told HoopsHype. For Toronto to consider trading Anunoby, it would have to be a substantial trade package for the soon-to-be 25-year-old forward along the lines of a noteworthy upgrade at center or a top-10 draft pick.

Toronto has been linked to several centers such as Rudy Gobert, Myles Turner, Jusuf Nurkic, Jakob Poeltl, Nicolas Claxton, etc.

To answer your question yes I did read "much".
                              Sure, but Blake immediately confirmed his assertion as correct. Literally his first sentence. If not, then he’s giving mixed messages here.

Comment

So that is the exact opposite of what you are suggesting. Not sure what Dan has suggested thus far because I forget... and its not even just an audio form.. its literally written word for word.
                                The key part of the quote is" for a center who is a worse player" than OG.

They would trade for a center who is better than OG which is what Golden said.

Comment

Working...
                                X