No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last note i don’t know about u guys but i can think of 20 plus ways to make rudy a scoring threat without using him in the pick and roll. the nba has 50+ years of film geez fin christ

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      on the topic of gobert salary blah blah blah u realize a gobert with OG included could still put us under the salary cap plus resigning thad to a smaller contract. we would have space to make another move/trade to bring in a piece.

bottom line scottie pascal gobert fred is a better core than OG in that. plus a lot of ppl like jaylin williams who is a great defender and perimeter threat. scottie pascal gobert jaylin fred banton svi yuta bouche get another shooter even if it’s jordan clarkson. we are trying to build a TEAM. we proved without a shadow of a doubt we can win without OG or Fred or gary trent.

get me rim protection get me rebound and get me a shooter and go compete for a championship
      LOL wut. No, we won't be under the salary cap. We might be able to squeeze under the tax, sure, until next offseason when Trent needs a raise (as does Fred).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

last note i don’t know about u guys but i can think of 20 plus ways to make rudy a scoring threat without using him in the pick and roll. the nba has 50+ years of film geez fin christ
        This is the part that is driving me the most nuts here. 50+ years of film effectively using giant centers like Gobert on offense but no one on these forums can fathom how to do it.

Comment

last note i don’t know about u guys but i can think of 20 plus ways to make rudy a scoring threat without using him in the pick and roll. the nba has 50+ years of film geez fin christ
          I'm listening how are you turning him into some magical scoring threat. and if so why are you not coaching.... no wonder quin snyder just left step aside.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

This is the part that is driving me the most nuts here. 50+ years of film effectively using giant centers like Gobert on offense but no one on these forums can fathom how to do it.
            you realize the game is different though and his skill set is his skillset.. like who are you comparing him to?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

LOL wut. No, we won't be under the salary cap. We might be able to squeeze under the tax, sure, until next offseason when Trent needs a raise (as does Fred).
              Yeah I'd wanna swap Trent out for a cheaper player / Rookie also, but I want to do that regardless of any Gobert trade. No matter what we're not going to pay Trent what he wants after this season.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I'm listening how are you turning him into some magical scoring threat. and if so why are you not coaching.... no wonder quin snyder just left step aside.
                EPM has Gobert as a 91st percentile offensive impact player, better than Gary or OG. He's already really effective on offence. Not as a primary scorer, but you don't need 5 of those. Even the impact stats that don't love his offence have him as roughly a break even guy there, not terrible (RAPTOR has him +0.1, for example).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

EPM has Gobert as a 91st percentile offensive impact player, better than Gary or OG. He's already really effective on offence. Not as a primary scorer, but you don't need 5 of those. Even the impact stats that don't love his offence have him as roughly a break even guy there, not terrible (RAPTOR has him +0.1, for example).
                  like I said.. without him being able to pass he disrupts your scoring... you aren't going to sell me on him as a scoring threat lol. he takes basically only open dunks ... as I said 80 percent are assisted.... so he is only effective when fed the ball.... but defensively there are ways they can just sit in the lane on driving lanes and with OG...going out are you comfortable relying on our 3 point shooting for a guy who offers a nothing burger shooting outside of 3 feet.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah I'd wanna swap Trent out for a cheaper player / Rookie also, but I want to do that regardless of any Gobert trade. No matter what we're not going to pay Trent what he wants after this season.
                    thats why i would target atl for a trent trade because they wanna make a big change.

Comment

like I said.. without him being able to pass he disrupts your scoring... you aren't going to sell me on him as a scoring threat lol. he takes basically only open dunks ... as I said 80 percent are assisted.... so he is only effective when fed the ball.... but defensively there are ways they can just sit in the lane on driving lanes and with OG...going out are you comfortable relying on our 3 point shooting for a guy who offers a nothing burger shooting outside of 3 feet.
                      You're forgetting about the put-backs and tip-ins from offensive rebounds. That is uber-efficient (& unassisted) offense that often gets overlooked. With Gobert's size, you could probably also count on his OREB rates not dropping off in the playoffs. That's an argument in favor. That's probably what is boosting his advanced stats, like it does for Boucher and players like Trez.

Comment

• my main reservation about rudy is that contract. i think we could fit him in on both offense and defense though.

he's obviously pretty limited offensively but he's one of the best screen-setters in the league, which isn't very exciting but is an underrated skill. that would open a lot of things up.

man i love OG though and you can't have too many big wings who can defend and shoot. i'd be in if they could make it work around GTJ plus filler and future draft assets, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Comment

• https://youtube.com/shorts/BBKpHpr-eSM?feature=share

enjoy! basketball is simple!

fyi that’s 20 off the top
                          Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Jun 14, 2022, 04:52 PM.

Comment

i enjoy engineering more plus these young kids want to steph curry everything i don’t have time for that

Comment

• Golbert..I'm not a fan, these rumors are coming from butt f$%^ Danny Ainge..2 much money and long term, plus he would be highest player paid on Raptors squad, not happening.
                              The guy I go after is Anthony Davis, his perfect guy for the picking, I know..I know..his a drama queen and seems like his not serious about winning or playing the game..but maybe he just needs a change of scenery and of Lebron...
                              Raptors organization would set him right 2 right path, I believe in Raptors organization and Masai..
                              The guy is a beast when his motivated, playing and healthy. Crazy Talent. Superstar.
                              Honestly I give up Freddy and Trent Jr, plus first rds, and fillen players...ie..Byrch..ect.
                              I would take that gamble.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

https://youtube.com/shorts/BBKpHpr-eSM?feature=share

enjoy! basketball is simple!

fyi that’s 20 off the top
                                lol just watched the last video there... that requires rudy to be able to shoot beyond 3 feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X