• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Turner rumors are heating up again.

Hawks want a new direction..

I reintroduce my two GTJ trades..

Either GTJ a future first and svi for turner.....

or Gtj flynn, and a future second for bogdan and the 16th.
    If there is a C the Raptors should go for, its Myles Turner.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I like two way players

Comment

He's been in the league for what feels like forever but still young. I still don't know what type of player he is on defense though. Is he a high motor type guy that really digs in to get stops?

Comment

Its an interesting discussion, but I don't really see how we can make the trade without giving up too much, especially after this tweet.
          That ask is not super relevant because they are not getting that from anyone.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He's been in the league for what feels like forever but still young. I still don't know what type of player he is on defense though. Is he a high motor type guy that really digs in to get stops?
            I don't think I'd describe him as high motor, but he's fine, and is overall a very effective defender. Not a great rebounder but part of that is he's very help conscious.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Huh? I've been outlining since the first Gobert rumour that it would be Trent plus a SnT of Thad to make the salary work.
              Trent Jr + Birch + S & T of Boucher for Gobert , Using MLE for Malik Monk .Sign Dedmon for Biannual-2/4. Precious plays 4/5.

Why not trade for Capella instead or Steven Adams? Would a Birch + S & T of Thad Young work in that instance

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Trent Jr + Birch + S & T of Boucher for Gobert , Using MLE for Malik Monk .Sign Dedmon for Biannual-2/4. Precious plays 4/5.

Why not trade for Capella instead or Steven Adams? Would a Birch + S & T of Thad Young work in that instance
                I suppose the reason would be that Capela and Adams are dramatically worse players than Gobert.

They aren't going to abandon their vision of 5 identical guys to add a mediocre C. If they are faced with the chance to add an elite level player, the vision becomes secondary.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I suppose the reason would be that Capela and Adams are dramatically worse players than Gobert.

They aren't going to abandon their vision of 5 identical guys to add a mediocre C. If they are faced with the chance to add an elite level player, the vision becomes secondary.
                  I don't want either

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

why would Memphis want to do that. Memphis just needs to stay put and do nothing and grow throughout the off season

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

he is 25

defensively he grades out very well on all metrics but for some reason got slightly overrated ... he is a good defender though I think part of it was they had sabonis and its like having enes kanter down low. lol some of you all wanted sabonis on this team in the place of siakam. Not you specifically but some of the people on this site.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he is 25

defensively he grades out very well on all metrics but for some reason got slightly overrated ... he is a good defender though I think part of it was they had sabonis and its like having enes kanter down low. lol some of you all wanted sabonis on this team in the place of siakam. Not you specifically but some of the people on this site.
                        Unless you're Jokic, who isn't a bad defender, I prefer to stay as far away as possible for high offense, low defense bigs like Sabonis.

Comment

Unless you're Jokic, who isn't a bad defender, I prefer to stay as far away as possible for high offense, low defense bigs like Sabonis.
                          I was about to say jokic isn't even a bad defender but yeah..

We shouldn't be getting any non-two way players via trade unless they can dramatically improve a weakness we have. AKA our offence. We do not have a defensive issue. Otherwise I want a big that is a two way player. Who is switchable.

Comment

Unfortunately what they want for Turner we don't have. They want picks and guys on rookie deals. Indiana is going full tear down and plans on sucking for a while. We can't afford to be giving away rookie deals because we need those low salary guys to keep our roster intact.

Comment

• In terms of how to turn Rudy into a scorer... how bout let's not and say we did and move on to someone that doesn't need you to completely shift your offensive schemes to consistently get them involved when they aren't good more than 3 feet away from the restricted.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Unfortunately what they want for Turner we don't have. They want picks and guys on rookie deals. Indiana is going full tear down and plans on sucking for a while. We can't afford to be giving away rookie deals because we need those low salary guys to keep our roster intact.
                                how do you know that though?

They would want an upgrade on hield, that is GTJ, Flynn, sure... and then an unprotected first... max you put two. other teams wanting a center will be focused on "bigger fish" aka ayton.. so let them focus on that you focus on turner.

Comment

Working...
                                X