Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah it's a no brainer from the dallas perspective but i can't wait to see how they enjoy playing with a guy who still thinks he's the number one option on a team with luka doncic.
    Probably ends up being number 4 option behind Brunson & Dinwiddie.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

LOL yup and still un happy.

Comment

• Comment

• That's actually a fair trade. I would like to see that go down... I think it benefits the Jazz a bit more.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

well he should be but try telling him that if you're jason kidd!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              That's actually a fair trade. I would like to see that go down... I think it benefits the Jazz a bit more.
              Yeah that's better than OG and spare parts.

I'm fine with getting outbid here. I wouldn't want to give up that much for Gobert.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                That's actually a fair trade. I would like to see that go down... I think it benefits the Jazz a bit more.
                i dunno, i'm not a massive collins fan but i guess the salary is prob needed for the trade. i'd be pushing for other players to fill that salary if i were them though.

a young-gobert pick and roll will be deadly

Comment

• Mavs made a bold move and I think it is great to have a legit big guy beside Luca. Now they just have to add some reliable bench guys.

Luka
                  Jalen Brunson
                  Spencer Dinwiddie
                  Christian Wood
                  Dwight Powell

well done for the Mavs

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    bobby is starting to piss me off

Comment

• Also a fair offer by the Hawks for Gobert
                      Collins/ Capela and 16th

Comment

yeah it's a no brainer from the dallas perspective but i can't wait to see how they enjoy playing with a guy who still thinks he's the number one option on a team with luka doncic.
                        Well before making this comment, you have to look harder inwards because that very same predicament will extend next season.

Mr. Fred VanVleet thinks he is still the number one option on a team with Scottie Barnes.

Unless he is true to his recent words stating that he dont mind stepping back for the good of the team.

on a contract year, that would be difficult.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

bobby is starting to piss me off
                          how so?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Well before making this comment, you have to look harder inwards because that very same predicament will extend next season.

Mr. Fred VanVleet thinks he is still the number one option on a team with Scottie Barnes.

Unless he is true to his recent words stating that he dont mind stepping back for the good of the team.

on a contract year, that would be difficult.
                            i don't want scottie to ever come anywhere close to carrying the usage doncic does - i hate that part of luka's game. i don't think scottie ever wants to come anywhere close to carrying that usage either. would be great if he could eventually become a number one option but i think our team-building philosophy for the forseeable future (until he can possibly develop into that primary option) is to have a well-balanced attack. pascal was the number one option last year and will be again next season anyway, so don't think a scottie/luka and fred/wood is a good comparison at all.

and i fully expect fred to take a step back to let others grow because the dude's about winning, unlike christian wood

Comment

i don't want scottie to ever come anywhere close to carrying the usage doncic does - i hate that part of luka's game. i don't think scottie ever wants to come anywhere close to carrying that usage either. would be great if he could eventually become a number one option but i think our team-building philosophy for the forseeable future (until he can possibly develop into that primary option) is to have a well-balanced attack. pascal was the number one option last year and will be again next season anyway, so don't think a scottie/luka and fred/wood is a good comparison at all.

and i fully expect fred to take a step back to let others grow because the dude's about winning, unlike christian wood
                              Actually Christian Wood maybe justified to an extent after Harden getting shipped out and having Eric Gordon as the only other offensive option, an ailing John Wall and a rook in Jalen Green. He will understand his role when he is with the Mavs and where he is at in that pecking order. His presence beside Luca will elevate that team to another level. They badly needed that legit bigman during the playoffs.

As far as our homefront, I hope VanVleet is true to his words but most of the time talk is cheap and playing for a new contract can change someone’s perspective.

Comment

i fully expect fred to take a step back to let others grow because the dude's about winning, unlike christian wood
                                Step back for Fred means that he will be more of an off ball shooter and less of a slasher I am all for it.

Also the minutes were ridiculous for him last season. Lets hope Nurse finds some bench players he likes and trusts to take some minutes away from Fred.

Comment

Working...
                                X