Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

back up center but not your starting center on a championship team. could be a good filler if we don’t get gobert or turner or draft for a year
    his advanced metrics blow everyone out of the water.

The guys I want are either Turner, Poeltl if we get a center in trade. Otherwise Koloko.

Outside of that there are other draftees who are not centers I like. Jake Lavaria, Justin Lewis, Dalen Terry.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

his advanced metrics blow everyone out of the water.

The guys I want are either Turner, Poeltl if we get a center in trade. Otherwise Koloko.

Outside of that there are other draftees who are not centers I like. Jake Lavaria, Justin Lewis, Dalen Terry.
      centers i know your not a gobert guy so turner or Hartenstein. hartenstien you got to ask yourself clippers need a center and they have him on the roster? i do see talent but maybe the alpha dog is not there? with koloko your banking on him becoming a capela. i don’t know man, like i said i would take that bet

Comment

• Jake Lavaria is doug mcdermott 2.0 i need to see him against nba speed he is slow man. Justin Lewis not sure what u see here but i don’t see a nba player.terry is … how do u have jake and terry as your picks what style of basketball u looking to play they are 2 completely different players play styles. ?

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

centers i know your not a gobert guy so turner or Hartenstein. hartenstien you got to ask yourself clippers need a center and they have him on the roster? i do see talent but maybe the alpha dog is not there? with koloko your banking on him becoming a capela. i don’t know man, like i said i would take that bet
          I gave you poeltl. as well. We don't need another alpha dog persay scottie is that guy. Clippers still have zubac both are free agents.

Jake Lavaria was solid at the lane agility drill which makes me feel solid and his defensive metrics and eye test all look very good it reminds me of how I felt about Franz last year. Not many holes in that game good passer ... crafty spot up shooter... plays solid defence 2-4.

Terry reminds me a lot of dyson daniels and would be your eventual gtj replacement.

Lewis? Reminds me of OG I'm giving you very simple analysis I can give more later if you want.

Point is I want a bench contributor outside of the center if at all possible. Someone with upside, someone who will play this year. We are literally looking to rebuild the whole bench again so time to saddle up. MLE+UDFA (julian champagne please)+33rd pick.

I think the pick should dictate your approach to free agency... UDFA you get julian or houstan who ever drops.

The guy I would love is Koloko but I don't know if he drops. I think he has higher upside than Capella but he turns into a contributor by seasons end quickly on this team.
          Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Fri Jun 17, 2022, 08:12 AM.

Comment

because he was injured and additional usage went to scottie and siakam and they ran more playmaking duties... what is the exact argument then?
            So the entire basis of your argument is that Fred only reduced his usage because he was hurt? Do you really believe that?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

So the entire basis of your argument is that Fred only reduced his usage because he was hurt? Do you really believe that?
              Do you really believe that is my ENTIRE argument?

I mentioned that we stopped doing significant amounts of late game iso early on in the season with Fred and it wasn't efficient and we went away from that.

No injury is not the only reason. It is one reason.

I didn't think I had to go and outline that though.At the start of our off season I said we would try to trade gtj and fvv if there was a super star trade to get someone back. IF not they shift towards GTJ and sign FVV.

I have also said talking FVV into an off ball role is a much easier conversation than GTJ to the bench. Again what is the exact argument ?
              Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Fri Jun 17, 2022, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                Pass on fred extension for me. Cant get value in a trade for him now. Knicks seemed only team that had even mild interest when he was peak. We’ll end up using picks to trade him in two or three years. Freds past his peak. Trade him now before it becomes impossible
                Wut. Fred posted career highs in win shares, points and assists and the highest eFG% of his career since becoming even a part time starter, made his first all star team, received his first vote for an all-NBA spot, and got more votes for all-defence than one of the guys named to the all-defence team after never before receiving more than 2 votes. Clearly in decline, that guy.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'm a little dubious that if Suns say they are open to S&T Ayton on a max deal to anyone that Trent plus trash is gonna be the best offer they get. I think it will take OG.
                  How do they convince Ayton to go to the team that makes the best offer? So long as one team with cap room is willing to give him a max deal, he has the leverage to force the destination, and then the Suns are choosing between nothing in return, taking that team's offer, or matching. They clearly would prefer to not do the latter, though they won't take junk back just to appease him. So it's not really a question of what the best offer out there would be.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Do you really believe that is my ENTIRE argument?

I mentioned that we stopped doing significant amounts of late game iso early on in the season with Fred and it wasn't efficient and we went away from that.

No injury is not the only reason. It is one reason.

I didn't think I had to go and outline that though.At the start of our off season I said we would try to trade gtj and fvv if there was a super star trade to get someone back. IF not they shift towards GTJ and sign FVV.

I have also said talking FVV into an off ball role is a much easier conversation than GTJ to the bench. Again what is the exact argument ?
                    Wait, what are you saying? I'm saying we have every reason to believe that Fred will move to a more off ball role with no issues. Now it seems you are also saying that. So I'm not sure what you are arguing.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wait, what are you saying? I'm saying we have every reason to believe that Fred will move to a more off ball role with no issues. Now it seems you are also saying that. So I'm not sure what you are arguing.
                      I never said otherwise. I said he needs to put him in the optimal position and the team as well. I said nothing otherwise. Go back and read through all my points on Fred this year. You are confusing me with someone else perhaps.

Comment

I never said otherwise. I said he needs to put him in the optimal position and the team as well. I said nothing otherwise. Go back and read through all my points on Fred this year. You are confusing me with someone else perhaps.
                        You interjected to a discussion that was basically two posters saying a) Fred will take a step back, why worry, already signs of it this year vs b) Fred needs to dramatically change his game to fit Scottie into a higher spot in the pecking order - and your interjection was to counter the person arguing for the former. Not sure why you felt the need to poke in to support an argument you don't support.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You interjected to a discussion that was basically two posters saying a) Fred will take a step back, why worry, already signs of it this year vs b) Fred needs to dramatically change his game to fit Scottie into a higher spot in the pecking order - and your interjection was to counter the person arguing for the former. Not sure why you felt the need to poke in to support an argument you don't support.
                          I said that Fred will need to take a step back. I also said Fred needs to be used off ball more. "dramatically" is a bit extreme. One person is slightly cynical yet hopeful which is fine.
                          Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Fri Jun 17, 2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I said that Fred will need to take a step back. I also said Fred needs to be used off ball more. "dramatically" is a bit extreme. One person is slightly cynical yet hopeful which is fine.
                            I think I'm the other poster, so just to be clear...

I replied to a post of yours suggesting that the Raps went into this summer with the intent to shop FVV, and if they couldn't find a trade, then extend him. I replied saying I didn't believe that was the case at all - that they never had any intent to trade him and that extending him was always the plan. You then replied to that saying something like we already have our PG of the future in Scottie, which I'm still unsure about.

Basically, the point is that Fred is a core piece, there's never been any suggestion by Masai that he's not in the long-term plans, and that he will likely continue to share more usage with Pascal, Scottie and others as those players further develop their on-ball skills, but will remain a core piece. And in terms of positions, he'll always be listed at PG as long as he's here, regardless of usage, minutes played, number of shots he takes, etc. But we know positions are relatively meaningless with the Raps, so not sure why it's worth arguing.

Bottom line, IMO: Fred was never in the plans to be traded this year, was always in the plans to be extended, and will do the right thing for the team's success, whatever that may be.

Comment

How do they convince Ayton to go to the team that makes the best offer? So long as one team with cap room is willing to give him a max deal, he has the leverage to force the destination, and then the Suns are choosing between nothing in return, taking that team's offer, or matching. They clearly would prefer to not do the latter, though they won't take junk back just to appease him. So it's not really a question of what the best offer out there would be.
                              Depends on the team making the max offer.

If the team making the max offer to Ayton has cap room (e.g. Pistons) then, yes, the Suns have zero leverage. The problem for Ayton is: who wants to go to the Pistons or live in Detroit?

If it's a team like the Raps, then we'd need to work with the Suns or a 3rd team that can absorb salaries to clear cap. Then the Suns have some leverage.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

I think I'm the other poster, so just to be clear...

I replied to a post of yours suggesting that the Raps went into this summer with the intent to shop FVV, and if they couldn't find a trade, then extend him. I replied saying I didn't believe that was the case at all - that they never had any intent to trade him and that extending him was always the plan. You then replied to that saying something like we already have our PG of the future in Scottie, which I'm still unsure about.

Basically, the point is that Fred is a core piece, there's never been any suggestion by Masai that he's not in the long-term plans, and that he will likely continue to share more usage with Pascal, Scottie and others as those players further develop their on-ball skills, but will remain a core piece. And in terms of positions, he'll always be listed at PG as long as he's here, regardless of usage, minutes played, number of shots he takes, etc. But we know positions are relatively meaningless with the Raps, so not sure why it's worth arguing.

Bottom line, IMO: Fred was never in the plans to be traded this year, was always in the plans to be extended, and will do the right thing for the team's success, whatever that may be.
                                I said that they intend on shopping gtj and will include fvv if it means getting a guy like Mitchell back.

I do think we do have our point guard because that is what you focused on in your initial response was that FVV is a point guard and I responded by saying scottie is the point guard. you then said he hasn't shown the skills that make you confident.. I am paraphrasing but yeah and suggested that Barnes is not a potential primary ball handler.

I agree with the second paragraph

Comment

Working...
                                X