Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Sure as a back up behind Precious maybe?
    Mo Bamba just turned 24, has over 225 games of NBA experience and is coming off a pretty nice season. He shot over 38% from 3 on over 4 shots per game and also hit 78% from the stripe. He is a legit 3 point shooting big man at 7', blocks shots and rebounds.

Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I don’t think Bamba will fall into the mid level area… it’s kinda like the Ayton deal where you are looking for a sign and trade… would they take Boucher (if he’s willing) and a second rd. pick in a S&T?

I wouldn’t move any of our top 6 for him. Unless we are making it a multi player trade. I’d rather making small adjustments to this team.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I don’t think Bamba will fall into the mid level area… it’s kinda like the Ayton deal where you are looking for a sign and trade… would they take Boucher (if he’s willing) and a second rd. pick in a S&T?

I wouldn’t move any of our top 6 for him. Unless we are making it a multi player trade. I’d rather making small adjustments to this team.
        Bamba will likely top out around 15 million which is why I don't want him but if there is a way to get Bamba within the MLE it is worth the gamble for sure. To me he seems to still need some development ballIQ wise but has a unique skill set.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Mo Bamba just turned 24, has over 225 games of NBA experience and is coming off a pretty nice season. He shot over 38% from 3 on over 4 shots per game and also hit 78% from the stripe. He is a legit 3 point shooting big man at 7', blocks shots and rebounds.
          Yeah but can he guard on the perimeter and get back to defend the paint, can he drive and kick to the open guy? Raps want players that can do a bit of everything. Not opposed to Mo at all, but he's gotta be behind Precious until he adds a bit "mo" to his bag.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah but can he guard on the perimeter and get back to defend the paint, can he drive and kick to the open guy? Raps want players that can do a bit of everything. Not opposed to Mo at all, but he's gotta be behind Precious until he adds a bit "mo" to his bag.
            He does alright he is mobile enough and long enough with a 7'10 wing span. He reminds me of a longer boucher who is younger and can shoot the 3 better.

Take the good with the bad with that comparison.

Comment

• All this talk is fun and great speculation but the reality is were coming back with basically the same team with some minor bench changes. Fred's going nowhere, OG is staying put and GTJr could well be around until the trade deadline. Nibbling around the edges is what we'll get imo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                All this talk is fun and great speculation but the reality is were coming back with basically the same team with some minor bench changes. Fred's going nowhere, OG is staying put and GTJr could well be around until the trade deadline. Nibbling around the edges is what we'll get imo
                I think we should be focusing more of the conversation around what MLE's to get

Comment

All this talk is fun and great speculation but the reality is were coming back with basically the same team with some minor bench changes. Fred's going nowhere, OG is staying put and GTJr could well be around until the trade deadline. Nibbling around the edges is what we'll get imo
                  Boring.

Stay on track here man. We're talking about fun somehwat feasible hypotheticals.

There will be plenty of time for us all to be Debby downers after free agency and the draft are over.

In the meantime I wanna discuss how we would get guys like Bamba, Ayton, Gobert, etc... And how they would fit on the roster that's left after we get them.

Comment

Personally I'm hoping for some significant improvement to the bench.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

So you think he’ll do better this year?
                      I think he's just entering his prime and has several years of this level of play ahead of him.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Phoenix still has all the leverage.

They can match and still be under the luxury tax next season. Nothing is going to force their hand here.

Pistons are the only realistic team with cap space who could sign him without a S&T and for sure Phoenix would say we're matching unless you send us assets.

Then as you guys showed he wouldn't be able to be traded to Detroit but could anywhere else with his consent. But again Phoenix is under the tax so they could just run it back since they'd be a title contender once again with Ayton back. The money next year won't force them to make a move.

The next season they can send him wherever they please and he has no choice. So salary cap issues fixed if they so wish.

Phoenix can absolutely play hardball here and they will. You don't give up your 1st overall pick with massive value for nothing.

This is why I'm confident an offer of Trent plus trash is not gonna get it done.

If Atlanta doesn't get Gobert they're clearly willing to part with Collins, who is leaps and bounds better than Trent. They're also willing to move Capella, who again is far more valuable than Trent. And they're willing to move their 1st this year, which is again better value than Trent.

That's just one team. Once it's sign and trade time with Ayton anyone can trade for him and most teams will be interested and will offer more than Trent plus trash.

I'd love to get Ayton but if you guys think Trent plus trash gets it done you're not operating in reality.
                        We really have to run this to ground, huh?

If Phoenix is resistant to sign and trades and threatens to match, Ayton just gets a team to sign a predatory offer, 2+1PO. Then if the Suns match, they either have to play ball with him and trade him where he wants to go (once again with zero ability to generate a bidding war), or wait until he is essentially an expiring contract to trade him (when they may get even less than they would get in a SnT now), or let him walk in UFA a couple summers from now.

Again, sign and trade requires the player to want to go there! If he wants to play in Atlanta there's no offer we can make that would change that. If he wants to play here there's no offer Atlanta can make that would change that.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

We really have to run this to ground, huh?

If Phoenix is resistant to sign and trades and threatens to match, Ayton just gets a team to sign a predatory offer, 2+1PO. Then if the Suns match, they either have to play ball with him and trade him where he wants to go (once again with zero ability to generate a bidding war), or wait until he is essentially an expiring contract to trade him (when they may get even less than they would get in a SnT now), or let him walk in UFA a couple summers from now.

Again, sign and trade requires the player to want to go there! If he wants to play in Atlanta there's no offer we can make that would change that. If he wants to play here there's no offer Atlanta can make that would change that.
                          I'm just pointing out he's a RFA and Phoenix won't let him go for anything short of an excellent return. Even if a team signs him to a predatory contract I put a 0% chance Phoenix doesn't force a sign and trade by threatening to match. If he wants to play here I think Phoenix says OG or we keep him. If he wants to play in Atlanta I think Phoenix says Capella / Collins / your 1st / some combination thereof or we match.

I don't see any situation Ayton leaves without Phoenix getting a significant return.

I'm disagreeing with posters who think Trent plus trash could get it done. It wouldn't.

Comment

I'm just pointing out he's a RFA and Phoenix won't let him go for anything short of an excellent return. Even if a team signs him to a predatory contract I put a 0% chance Phoenix doesn't force a sign and trade by threatening to match. If he wants to play here I think Phoenix says OG or we keep him. If he wants to play in Atlanta I think Phoenix says Capella / Collins / your 1st / some combination thereof or we match.

I don't see any situation Ayton leaves without Phoenix getting a significant return.

I'm disagreeing with posters who think Trent plus trash could get it done. It wouldn't.
                            I think when push comes to shove, you nor I know where Phoenix will draw the line. Phoenix can say all that and they end up keeping him for a year and selling him for a discount, with whatever concern there is for the locker room in the meantime.

You can say teams don't just let their #1 picks walk, and you are right. You know what they do instead? They max them out at the first opportunity. Phoenix already broke from that.

When it comes down to it, Phoenix can only get as good an offer as there is. If that best offer isn't good enough for them, then they can keep him and pay him. Unless you or I know exactly how much they want to avoid doing that, we can't say what the bar will be for a good enough offer.

What we can say is that if Phoenix really pushes their luck and they insist on being able to move him for high value, there is a very good chance they end up with way less than what will be available in a sign and trade this summer.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think when push comes to shove, you nor I know where Phoenix will draw the line. Phoenix can say all that and they end up keeping him for a year and selling him for a discount, with whatever concern there is for the locker room in the meantime.

You can say teams don't just let their #1 picks walk, and you are right. You know what they do instead? They max them out at the first opportunity. Phoenix already broke from that.

When it comes down to it, Phoenix can only get as good an offer as there is. If that best offer isn't good enough for them, then they can keep him and pay him. Unless you or I know exactly how much they want to avoid doing that, we can't say what the bar will be for a good enough offer.

What we can say is that if Phoenix really pushes their luck and they insist on being able to move him for high value, there is a very good chance they end up with way less than what will be available in a sign and trade this summer.
                              If a team with space doesn't offer Ayton then Phoenix offers him what they're willing to pay and he has to accept it or sign the QO. I think he signs their offer instead of the QO. I think Phoenix would love to keep him just not at the max. So Ayton is pretty screwed if no one offers him the max.

I just don't see any situation where Ayton walks without Phoenix getting a great return.

Comment

If a team with space doesn't offer Ayton then Phoenix offers him what they're willing to pay and he has to accept it or sign the QO. I think he signs their offer instead of the QO. I think Phoenix would love to keep him just not at the max. So Ayton is pretty screwed if no one offers him the max.

I just don't see any situation where Ayton walks without Phoenix getting a great return.
                                That is why for him its a tough gamble not a terrible one. Few teams need a center AND have max room this year.

I am not saying that Ayton hates Phx but there seems to be a huge disconnect between what he sees his value as and what they see his value as. If any team sees him as a max contract player or wants to pay him that to get him out of phx or even near max then I don't think Phx will match it which is why they are trying to work now (according to reports) to line up a few sign and trade possibilities. It is in their best interest to work with Ayton to find a new home.

Comment

Working...
                                X