Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

If a team with space doesn't offer Ayton then Phoenix offers him what they're willing to pay and he has to accept it or sign the QO. I think he signs their offer instead of the QO. I think Phoenix would love to keep him just not at the max. So Ayton is pretty screwed if no one offers him the max.

I just don't see any situation where Ayton walks without Phoenix getting a great return.
    Uh, yeah, of course if no one offers him the max he won't get the max. But why would that be likely?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Uh, yeah, of course if no one offers him the max he won't get the max. But why would that be likely?
      how likely is it that phoenix matches at max or near max just wondering.

Comment

It wont' which is why if Suns wants to keep Ayton or get a value for him in a sign and trade, it will need to match someone's max offer.

A small market team like the Blazers will give him the max.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

how likely is it that phoenix matches at max or near max just wondering.
          No way they will let him walk for nothing, GM & president should be given their walking papers as well if that were to happen.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It wont' which is why if Suns wants to keep Ayton or get a value for him in a sign and trade, it will need to match someone's max offer.

A small market team like the Blazers will give him the max.
            All reports say Blazers have no intention of pursuing Ayton so there is that.

It's Detroit or bust for Ayton getting a max offer.

I think reports of Phoenix lining up sign and trades are legit. The only teams that wanna give Ayton the max don't have cap space and will be sending Phoenix a very nice package in exchange for Ayton.

Comment

The teams with space aren't pursuing Ayton. Detroit is the only possible destination with space and I still haven't seen much about them being ready to offer Ayton the max. The only teams willing to max him don't have space. Hence the rumors of Phoenix lining up sign and trades.

Comment

The teams with space aren't pursuing Ayton. Detroit is the only possible destination with space and I still haven't seen much about them being ready to offer Ayton the max. The only teams willing to max him don't have space. Hence the rumors of Phoenix lining up sign and trades.
                No team right now has $30M available, but a few teams can scrounge that no problem.

Orlando, Detroit, Indiana, San Antonio and Portland have about $27M to $22M in cap space. Everyone else is already over the cap.

Each team has a center already (Carter Jr, Stewart, Turner, Poeltl and Nurkic). But San Antonio was shopping Poeltl last season. Nurkic is a UFA. Turner was in a lot of trade rumours for Indiana and was apparently available still for a FRP. Detroit, like you said had interest via rumours already. Orlando may move on from Bamba and use WCJ as a backup.

There is a chance a few of these teams would have interest in Ayton, and trade their other big for something else. Or be part of a S&T and move their current big to Phoenix. It's not like Ayton is old or anything. He'd fit right in for a lot of these rebuilding teams.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

No team right now has $30M available, but a few teams can scrounge that no problem.

Orlando, Detroit, Indiana, San Antonio and Portland have about $27M to $22M in cap space. Everyone else is already over the cap.

Each team has a center already (Carter Jr, Stewart, Turner, Poeltl and Nurkic). But San Antonio was shopping Poeltl last season. Nurkic is a UFA. Turner was in a lot of trade rumours for Indiana and was apparently available still for a FRP. Detroit, like you said had interest via rumours already. Orlando may move on from Bamba and use WCJ as a backup.

There is a chance a few of these teams would have interest in Ayton, and trade their other big for something else. Or be part of a S&T and move their current big to Phoenix. It's not like Ayton is old or anything. He'd fit right in for a lot of these rebuilding teams.

portland recently was indicating that they would resign nurkic

Comment

He could fit yes but a rebuilding team typically doesn't max out a free agent acquisition which is much more of a win now move. The teams willing to max Ayton think they can contend for the championship next season. That's why he doesn't really make sense for any of them.

Comment

He could fit yes but a rebuilding team typically doesn't max out a free agent acquisition which is much more of a win now move. The teams willing to max Ayton think they can contend for the championship next season. That's why he doesn't really make sense for any of them.
                      Dame wants to win now, for one thing...

Could see that making a fair amount of sense.

Comment

Ayton is only 23. He's the ideal guy you max out when you are a rebuilding team. OKC had no problem maxing out Shai and he's the same age.

Comment

• So Atkinson agrees to be the next head coach for Charlotte. The Warriors win the chip, and now he's snubbing them and saying nah I changed my mind. I'll just continue to be an assistant over here.

Kenny with the cold blooded move there. Why accept if he didn't mean it? Charlotte has to go through that hiring process again now.

Comment

Ayton is only 23. He's the ideal guy you max out when you are a rebuilding team. OKC had no problem maxing out Shai and he's the same age.
                            Different kinds of players though. I think Ayton is a decent player to gamble on but its very different than the Shai conversation because I believe Shai on more teams than Ayton. Ayton is extremely talented. I am curious to see how he looks in two years time.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Different kinds of players though. I think Ayton is a decent player to gamble on but its very different than the Shai conversation because I believe Shai on more teams than Ayton. Ayton is extremely talented. I am curious to see how he looks in two years time.
                              It's not so much the type of player. Both are worth about 25% of the cap. You can still be a rebuilding team and have a 23 year old make the max. Most other players on the team will be on rookie contracts. What else are you going to do with that cap space? You want to use it up before these rookies get paid, otherwise the cap goes away.

We're not talking about bringing a 30 year old Gobert to a rebuilding team. We're talking about a 23 year old, former #1 overall pick.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Dame wants to win now, for one thing...

Could see that making a fair amount of sense.
                                I agree but all the reports say they're not interested in Ayton. I thought for sure they'd be all in on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X