Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

not a huge fan of wiseman of course medical would have to check out. talent is there iq can be worked on he is young. just opening up convo on wiseman
    IQ is very difficult to improve especially if you cant stay on the court. He has missed out on 3 years of development essentially. Think about it that way.3 years of development when you include college are just gone. Never getting those back. Never been a fan of him but I really don't get raps fan desire to give up really good assets for him. Kuminga is very good but he has ways to go... so if you are doing a trade its realistically for kuminga but even if Kuminga has the potential to be better than OG offensively defensively he looks solid but will he end up being as good? Big unknown. Also why push the timeline back. For Wiseman he needs 2 years of solid play and development to START to be a consistent contributor at the level that I think some are hoping for. Are you ok with punting the next two years.... for wiseman... who frankly may not pan out? I just don't get it.

Thus far Wiseman hasn't been able to defend, makes big mistakes on offence, doesn't have huge playmaking skills. The dream is that he has a Joel Embiid style body and pans out. What about his game that you have seen between the 38 games AND lets say high school, where he got beat by Mobley, has made you think he can be the guy. Why do you want to also trade a premier wing asset in the league for a center who if he has another down year OR injury prone year he will be bordering on becoming a seriously distressed asset?

There are other gambles that you can make that are significantly cheaper. Jalen Smith is a good example.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

IQ is very difficult to improve especially if you cant stay on the court. He has missed out on 3 years of development essentially. Think about it that way.3 years of development when you include college are just gone. Never getting those back. Never been a fan of him but I really don't get raps fan desire to give up really good assets for him. Kuminga is very good but he has ways to go... so if you are doing a trade its realistically for kuminga but even if Kuminga has the potential to be better than OG offensively defensively he looks solid but will he end up being as good? Big unknown. Also why push the timeline back. For Wiseman he needs 2 years of solid play and development to START to be a consistent contributor at the level that I think some are hoping for. Are you ok with punting the next two years.... for wiseman... who frankly may not pan out? I just don't get it.

Thus far Wiseman hasn't been able to defend, makes big mistakes on offence, doesn't have huge playmaking skills. The dream is that he has a Joel Embiid style body and pans out. What about his game that you have seen between the 38 games AND lets say high school, where he got beat by Mobley, has made you think he can be the guy. Why do you want to also trade a premier wing asset in the league for a center who if he has another down year OR injury prone year he will be bordering on becoming a seriously distressed asset?

There are other gambles that you can make that are significantly cheaper. Jalen Smith is a good example.
      Because grindhouse believes whoever he dislikes has no value. Wiseman alone isn't worth OG. Adding Kuminga makes it interesting but they'll have to add somebody else to match salary. Thats only a trade worth thinking about if the Raptors are looking to go even younger and think long term.

The main player in the trade is Kuminga and his potential, Wiseman gets thrown in because he is still young.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Because grindhouse believes whoever he dislikes has no value. Wiseman alone isn't worth OG. Adding Kuminga makes it interesting but they'll have to add somebody else to match salary. Thats only a trade worth thinking about if the Raptors are looking to go even younger and think long term.

The main player in the trade is Kuminga and his potential, Wiseman gets thrown in because he is still young.
        Even if you think your own asset is trash, you don’t trade that asset for someone else’s trash… if they believe your asset is treasure (see: Bargnani, Knicks, etc…).

OG’s trade value around the league is really high and may never be higher than right now.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

why do you want herro.... and why is Miami trading Bam? There defence is very much dependent on him..
          I want Herro + Yurtseven+ Kuzma ( traded for Duncan Robinson) for OG. , who averages 50 -55 games a year.

Yurtseven is a big man , who has an outside shot, knows how to pick and roll. Herro, scores 18-20 ppg as a 6th man, and Kuzma as a scorer off the bench. These two players specifically will enhance the 2nd team. Boucher and Thad Young can be re-signed to two or three year contracts. This will cover for the loss of a 50-60 game OG.

Comment

i doubt they trade both for OG rap fans really over value OG. OG for wiseman is a good deal
            OG for Wiseman alone is not a good deal. OG for Wiseman and Kuminga, just tell me where OG is going to play in that lineup at GSW- Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond & OG

Basically, it is OG for the potential of Kuminga , 20 year old cost controlled with Wiseman as the add-on , compared to Herro and Yurtseven + Robinson, which deal would you consider more beneficial to the Raptors.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

OG for Wiseman alone is not a good deal. OG for Wiseman and Kuminga, just tell me where OG is going to play in that lineup at GSW- Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond & OG

Basically, it is OG for the potential of Kuminga , 20 year old cost controlled with Wiseman as the add-on , compared to Herro and Yurtseven + Robinson, which deal would you consider more beneficial to the Raptors.
              Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Draymond & OG is a pretty sexy modern lineup... built for the playoffs and crunch time.

Reminds me of the draft experts questioning the Raptors picking Scottie:

Experts: I don't see the fit.... what position is Scottie Barnes going to play on the Raptors?

Raptors: Yes.

Comment

I want Herro + Yurtseven+ Kuzma ( traded for Duncan Robinson) for OG. , who averages 50 -55 games a year.

Yurtseven is a big man , who has an outside shot, knows how to pick and roll. Herro, scores 18-20 ppg as a 6th man, and Kuzma as a scorer off the bench. These two players specifically will enhance the 2nd team. Boucher and Thad Young can be re-signed to two or three year contracts. This will cover for the loss of a 50-60 game OG.
                Yurt is a guy who literally came out of no where.... Kuzma is good but why would someone trade kuzma for duncan robinson whose defence was so bad he couldn't get off the bench as a 16 million dollar player (making almost the same amount as trent) in the playoffs.

Herro is very streaky, at times would be a potential offensive upgrade from a shooting standpoint but it isn't like OG sucks at shooting...defensively he is a sieve as well. OG has positive offensive and defensive LEBRON ratings as well.

Herro has negative on both. Those are adjusted box score numbers

Again I am open to a conversation about anything reasonable but why is this a reasonable idea? What is the premise?

Herro over the past few seasons has played 66, 55, 54. So you complain about a guy who doesn't play but get back a guy who....is injured as well

Even if you remove the tampa season for most players because of covid protocols or what ever.... OG has played 48,43,69. After that if you go back further OG averaged 74,67,69. Keep in mind last year when he played 43 games they also shut him down on purpose to lose at the end of the season.
                Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Jun 21, 2022, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Warriors started Otto Porter in the last few games of the Finals.

OG is a better version of Porter. He'd fit nicely on the Warriors.

Comment

OG OG would play powerforward more than likely he would do very well with the warriors but i'm not in the business of helping out other teams.

I wouldn't consider either deal honestly but if you are asking me which package is better. I would take Kuminga and ask for more additional pick equity also moody.

Comment

It would have to be wiseman moody kuminga. I would also ask for a pick but again I think we need to move off the idea of trading OG. Instead, why not focus on the likely person on the move IF there is a trade which is GTJ.

Comment

i personal don’t think gsw make any trades why would they? they just won a championship.

Comment

i personal don’t think gsw make any trades why would they? they just won a championship.
                          They're doing a good job winning now and having guys like Kuminga, Poole and Moody for the future, but if they ever feel like they want an upgrade considering the West will get tougher as teams get healthier, OG is definitely an upgrade who is also still young.

Either way this is purely for discussion purposes. I don't see the Warriors or Raptors agreeing to that trade.

Comment

Warriors started Otto Porter in the last few games of the Finals.

OG is a better version of Porter. He'd fit nicely on the Warriors.
                            Yeah well the last thing the Raptors want is to make that championship dynasty lasts even longer. Any trade to make that team stronger & you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yeah well the last thing the Raptors want is to make that championship dynasty lasts even longer. Any trade to make that team stronger & you are shooting yourself in the foot.
                              I don’t care if the Warriors improve , they are good already and would improve. By adding Kuminga, you have a cost controlled asset, who gives a 3 headed forward position- , and 2 young Centers - Precious & Wiseman, both cost controlled for 3 more years. Remember Embid did not play two first years in the NBA.

My question about Wiseman is his immaturity, Kuminga is the talent who with Barnes will push each other daily.

Trent Jr., Barnes, Kuminga, Precious & Wiseman, provides a long term future. These players combined with FVV, Siakam with Thad Young & Boucher are 9 deep, The salary cost is $112.5 Million. If the Raptors not to Sign Boucher . Do a sign and trade for Brandon Clark or Dillon Brooks by S & T with Boucher + Birch.

Potentially , Sign Thaddeus Young at 2/$10 Million. Boucher starts a 3/$25 Million starting at $7.6 Million

This would allow extensions for Siakam + FVV, ( between the 2 players , an aggregate of $10 Million increases over the previous year., starting @ $ 25 Million for FVV plus increases in the extensions and for Siakam @$38 Million in 2023/24.). Trent Jr, receives a 4/$90 Million extension.

Look long term , who are the best young players that you can trade for,by using OG as the asset.

OG + Raptors 2nd 2022 for Kuminga + Wiseman + GSW 1st in 2022. Salaries match.

Than Raptors could pursue Malik Monk with the MLE at $10.3 Million
                              Last edited by Heatdreamer; Tue Jun 21, 2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

well that isn't necessarily why they won't. i think they just like their team and also they may look to SHED salary if anything not add salary unless its a big big time guy. OG may be that but I don't see the incentive this rumor has been shut down multiple times by Bobby, Dan and others.

I said it last year that GSW just had to be patient play their young guys and keep doing their thing. That is what they did. They are in a different position than us they should stand pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X